Code of Conduct

Default ...One that's flying under the radar

Molinard scents for men seems to fly totally under the radar, and I came across a reference to Molinard MM: Lemon, neroli, clove, nutmeg, teak, rose, incense, patchouli, musk, amber and sandalwood.

Anyone tried this scent?? Notes sound awfully good. Can't find an english website that carries it. OsMoz says it was released in 2004.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Smile Re: ...One that's flying under the radar

Is it Molinard Madrigal that you are referring to? I have a bottle. It's a lovely citrus/rose/patchouli mix. If I had to compare it to something available in the US, I'd say it would be a close cousin of Aromatics Elixir by Clinique.
    I got it from Canada, I've never seen their men's fragrances in the US.

Default Re: ...One that's flying under the radar

Does it look like this?

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

No, it's a blue tall bottle with an old fashioned label on it. The one I have is based on one from the 1930's.

One that is mainstream and under the radar to me is Emporio Armani He......This is a fantastic scent and not really known by many at all.......I'm really shocked at the number of people who do not know about this fragrance........Gary

I had a bottle of MM for a short while.
    Very nice scent, but no longevity on my skin!
    It's spicy, woody and sweet.
    Madrigal is much more interesting, but more flowery, almost feminine in some way.
    Habanita is a great Molinard scent.
    Ce message provient du Québec!

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    I had a bottle of MM for a short while.
    Very nice scent, but no longevity on my skin!
    It's spicy, woody and sweet.
    Madrigal is much more interesting, but more flowery, almost feminine in some way.
    Habanita is a great Molinard scent.
    Hey there,
    Yeah, you know about the Madrigal - I got it from you. I never see the male Molinard scents in the US. I think it's unique - patchouli and rose. A bit like Voleur de Rose. Love it!
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 29th May 2007 at 02:40 AM.

Thrax

I've always wanted to try a few Molinard scents. Habanita being the main one.

Cool Re: ...One that's flying under the radar

I had Habanita, I gave it to a gal I know who works in an art gallery. It is interesting in the sense, it is from the glorious days of perfume history, but I found it to be a bit femme and menopausal for me.
    I did a major "Walk on the wild Side" this year with trying all the "classic female scents, that really work well on men" and I have to say, besides Shalimar and Jicky, it was a "lost highway". And this includes Caron's Tabac Blonde. I can feel the hate mail already.

Molinard Homme III is also great, sweet woods.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

I gotta give Tabac Blond a try as well as a lot of those classic Carons...but LOL, hey buddy, you gotta elaborate on the menopausal reference. Last thing I wanna smell like is a craggy, old, bat!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    I had Habanita, I gave it to a gal I know who works in an art gallery. It is interesting in the sense, it is from the glorious days of perfume history, but I found it to be a bit femme and menopausal for me.
    I did a major "Walk on the wild Side" this year with trying all the "classic female scents, that really work well on men" and I have to say, besides Shalimar and Jicky, it was a "lost highway". And this includes Caron's Tabac Blonde. I can feel the hate mail already.

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

What I've found, especially when I try to wear a vintage Estée Lauder fragrance, I really feel like I'm as old as the fragrance itself. For me, fragrance history is made up of clichés of what feminine or masculine should smell like. Most of us know that, this concept is not based on most people's reality, but more on cultural reinforcement. Sometimes it's fun to play with these clichés, but with all the choices available now, why bother? It is all about androgyny these days, as far as I'm concerned.