Code of Conduct

Default Ladies Romantic evening scent Reviews and Reccomendations...

Hey Ladies,

Rarely do I ever venture into the cavern of the fairer sex on BN, but motivated to I think Ill brave the gauntlet......

This is not your typical "What scent makes you want strip your clothes off and lie down submissively"? type question...so you can put your stones down....

I would like to get some input on you opinions on some of the fragrances I have and whats ur take on them for a romantic evening with a lady...but not first date......What was your take when you smelled these in the past (preferably on a man would be even better)

Bois du Portugal
    Davidoff Relax
    Antaeus
    Basala/Basara
    Bois d Argent
    Gucci Envy
    Musc Ravageur
    Jazz
    Zino
    M7
    Kouros
    Kingdom by Alex Mcqueen
    Aramis Havana

and for giggle ill throw in one of my faves

English Leather SPICED!

Any input on any of these...even reviews of smelling these on a man (preferably)....id like to know what ladies think about some of my faves....

And

Default Re: Ladies Romantic evening scent Reviews and Reccomendations...

My choices would be Bois du Portugal and M7.

I once smelt M7 at a bus stop, it smelt amazing. Turned out to be a spotty 16 year school boy!!! But he came across as someone interesting and unusual.
    DONNA

Antaeus - if you can pull it off it's one of the most gorgeous and masculine scents ever
    Musc Ravageur - I like it, but see it more feminine than masculine for some reason
    M7 - hub's signature, enough said

I also recommend:
    Égoïste (not Platinum, but the one and only)
    Jaïpur Homme
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    I once smelt M7 at a bus stop, it smelt amazing. Turned out to be a spotty 16 year school boy!!! But he came across as someone interesting and unusual.
    I remembered that one, it always cracks me up. Hey, if it makes spotty teenagers alluring, you just can't go wrong with it.
    Last edited by tigrushka; 29th May 2007 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

I like Dunhill (the original) and Minotaur.

I'm with Tigrushka - I associate Musc Ravageur with being more of a woman's scent, probably because I wear it. I think I'd find it a bit odd if my fella took to wearing it as well.
    I smelled M7 weekend before last and didn't like it, to be honest, but I suppose it depends on things like skin chemistry.

I'd avoid anything marine or overly citrussy.

Welcome to the dark cavern, Pugs! You are a brave man!! Just settle in here in the comfy dark ...have a sip of this delicious brew while we settle you into the satin pillows and the soft fragrance of poppies and lotus fill the air and you are growing drowsy...drowsy.....(I know! I know! Poppies don't smell - but leave me my illusions..)

Anyway - a take here from the "classic" (read "older") generation...from your wardrobe the only one I've experienced (close up) on a fella is Drakkar Noir and I found that irresistible. Literally. Potent, come-hither. I like bold, aggressive scents on men. Wouldn't at all mind snuggling up to a guy in Blenheim Bouquet.

My gentlemen callers were into such things as Bay Rum, Knize10, 4711, Canoe and even (gasp) Pinaud Lavender.

You can wake up now.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Would say Antaeus too. And well, there is nothing wrong with your spiced leather -- this is where the right (read "minimal") amount should do!

For me it is Antaeus. This is what I always buy for my husband to wear when we go out ( he could care less about fragrance other than the effect it has on me). It is my all time favorite to smell on a man.

I would like to fourth Antaeus! Its without a doubt my favourite scent for a man.

I'll fifth Antaeus! Although I don't wear Chanels well myself, I love this one on men. Classy but still very sexy. I also like Kourous, but not quite as much as Antaeus!
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

Me too for Antaeus! I chose this for my husband a few years ago and he loves it, thankfully. Also Chanel Egoiste as recommended by tigrushka. Both are gorgeous 'wow' fragrances I think. Can't comment on too many of the others but Bois D'Argent and M7 I like, while Kouros is my father's fave so I have a different perception of that one!

Chanel Allure. Actually smelling it right now as hubby put some on and cuddled me.........cannot get enough of it. Warm, spicy, sexy.........especially on him. It's a pure body chemistry thing though. Liked it "ok" in the bottle, on him it's another animal entirely.

A nice range, this is!

But with this one in the list, how can you even dare to ask??!!
    So you are one of the few specimens to still wear and use and LOVE it? Congrats!!

Aramis HAVANA is and was and has always been the best men's scent ever, imho.

I do also love Antaeus, M7, Relax, Shiseido's Basala, Zino, Old Spice (yes!), Carolina Herrera for men and the before mentioned Egoiste (not Platinum!) on my men.
    Last edited by lillie; 30th May 2007 at 11:35 AM.
    "They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night."
    Edgar Allan Poe

http://perfumum.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    Welcome to the dark cavern, Pugs! You are a brave man!! Just settle in here in the comfy dark ...have a sip of this delicious brew while we settle you into the satin pillows and the soft fragrance of poppies and lotus fill the air and you are growing drowsy...drowsy.....(I know! I know! Poppies don't smell - but leave me my illusions..)

Anyway - a take here from the "classic" (read "older") generation...from your wardrobe the only one I've experienced (close up) on a fella is Drakkar Noir and I found that irresistible. Literally. Potent, come-hither. I like bold, aggressive scents on men. Wouldn't at all mind snuggling up to a guy in Blenheim Bouquet.

My gentlemen callers were into such things as Bay Rum, Knize10, 4711, Canoe and even (gasp) Pinaud Lavender.

You can wake up now.

You're making me howl.. !

My guys smell good in Blenheim Bouquet, too.
    They love Guerlain's Vetiver, Pino Silvestre, Creed Selection Verte, Bois Du Portugal,
    Baie de Genievre, Poivre Samacande, Vetiver Tonka,Reverie du Jardin.

I love a good Bel Ami, myself.
    Tabarome vintage, come sit by me, boyo....
    AND good, old-fashioned testosterone w/ good hygiene, can't be beat...

Quote Originally Posted by chayaruchama View Post
    ...I love a good Bel Ami, myself.
    Tabarome vintage, come sit by me, boyo....
    AND good, old-fashioned testosterone w/ good hygiene, can't be beat...
    You're my kind of woman!! And making me think that a boy toy is not such a bad idea.....sigh....(my Russian emoticons are MIA ....waaaah!)
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

If you ladies had to narrow all of those scents I listed down to one beyond a doubt absolute what would you say?

Antaeus
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka View Post
    Antaeus

Enough said! Antaeus.

Antaeus.

Last edited by flathorn; 1st June 2007 at 05:13 AM.

Antaeus and M7 would be excellent choices, I think so, too, but all the same - if it was ME you were dating, I would want you to wear Kouros...*swoon*
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Havana
    "They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night."
    Edgar Allan Poe

http://perfumum.blogspot.com/

Ok you all forced me to take drastic measures and get a bottle of Antaeus!!!

Also has any of you all eversmelled or care to comment of Oscar de la renta pour Lui? I like it alot....Ive been thinking about getting it....
    bump
    Any ladies take on Pour Lui?
    Last edited by Pugsley_f5; 6th June 2007 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost