Code of Conduct

Default Why is Jil Sander Sun Men not Popular here ?

My Sister told me, after that she loved my terre d´hermes, her favorite man frag is definetely Jil Sander Sun Men ( which she recognized @ a coworker ).

Did read here in german LifeStyle Forum´s that it is very often recommended.

But why is Sun Men not so popular here in basenotes ? What do you think about it ?
    Last edited by sanatik; 29th May 2007 at 10:34 AM.
    "Wow, I've never smelled anything like that before."

Default Re: Why is Jil Sander Sun Men not Popular here ?

Probably because it sports the ozone like character so many of today's fragrances has. The rosewood note is cool though. I have a quick review of it here: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26122054.html
    Last edited by shifts; 29th May 2007 at 10:10 AM.

One of my sisters wears and loves the whole Sun line, and I think it is very good on her. In principle I do not appreciate it when perfumers make a new cologne, or a simple variation of an established one, and give it the same name ( + Men!) . The only exception I ever made: Rive Gauche Homme. (I too am a BN victim occasionally )
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Could not test it until now.

"Ozone like" means very light ?

@ narcus

your sister use the men or women line ?

Did read in an review that women and men versions are very different.

If you search around this forum, you'll find a thread by me indicating how good I thought Sun Men was.

It smells great in summer and has excellent lasting power.
    Renato

I like it, but I think Joop! Jump is better scent for this type of fragrance.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Quote Originally Posted by sanatik View Post
    @ narcus, your sister use the men or women line ?
    Did read in an review that women and men versions are very different.
    She uses the original one made for women. Call me stupid, but I just wouldn't be inspired, to the wear the version they make for men howoever nice it may be. I bought Clinique Happy on Ebay because, I thought I knew it from a demonstration. That must have been the womens version, though. When I got my bottle it was not at all what I had expected. So I was disappointed. If in the bathroom my towel says 'for him' and another one would have 'for her' embroidered on that's ok ( and rather hypothetical ) . But it is at the limit of how practical I would ever want to be.

'Arpège for Men' - Lanvin marketers must have been ill advised! Arpège has been an icon of feminity for generations. I don't even want to know how the m-version smells.But for less traditional wearers I hope it is a good cologne with a decent masculine stamp.

That said - time for confession: My Eau de Rochas (ideal for summer) is 'pour homme' also, wonderful, and more refreshing than the sweeter women's version!

ps: ozonic / like ozone: I may be totally wrong, but I read it as 'smells like nothing', almost an olfactory blank. O3, the molecule, can be smelled after a thunderstorm, or when you work at one of those (IBM) office copiers, or use and ultraviolet lamp.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Osmoz definition:

Jil Sander Sun Men = Aromatic - Fresh
    Joop Jump = Aromatic - Fougere

What can i say ? I couldn´t test both until now. Have to wait to see how similar they are.

@ narcus

look in your message box.