Code of Conduct

Default Scentiments.com's customer svc...???

I've been doing business with these guys for almost 2 years now. Never had any problems with product, other than some 3 - year old GIT (which some don't even mind) which I was able to return. The service itself is still great.

But the people taking the orders!!!

About 6 or 8 months ago, they seemed to switch up their phone reps...(not for the better, imo...)

This "older"-sounding lady who seems to be the regular, seems to have very little grasp on the ordering system and the product they offer. She adamantly stated several times that she carried no such "Creed Selection Verte", even though I was somehow calmly trying to direct her exactly to the product page, which is listed as "Creed Private Collection Selection Verte". She wouldn't listen to me and kept telling me that I must have seen it on another website. (shut up for a second and I'll tell you exactly how to find it, lady!) She always seems to have some kind of confrontational attitute as well. She tried to give me a hard time about returning the GIT a while back, but I had already been given specific permission to do so by another phone rep previously. You're allowed to return things there anyway. geez! She ran my credit card without confirming anything (I wanted 2-day air), and had to back everything up and redo it all. I've had other Scentiments reps go to the product shelves, take out a Creed bottle and read me the serial number from the bottom. There is no way in hell this lady was going to do something like that for me. Doesn't the fact that I've spent seven or eight hundred bucks there in the last year mean anything to you, lady?

I suppose she still seems reasonable, compared to the idiot wolves at Macy's.

no prob if this belongs in another sub-forum.
    Last edited by Scentronic; 31st May 2007 at 03:30 AM.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Default Re: Scentiments.com's customer svc going down the crapper

I have never faced any problems ordering online from scentiments (I have been ordering stuff since late 2004).

Is this experience based on ordering via phone ?
    -

It's even worse for the Canadian customer. I can't buy from this site at present; when I checked in to my member's information, all the Canadian provinces were deleted and instead of being in Alberta I am now in Alabama. I, too, have been a long-time customer of this company and during the last year bought three bottles of Vintage Creed. I guess I will be dealing with Perfumbay when I want to order this sort of product.

I have never had any interaction with the people there. Just online transactions. Smooth as butter and always get my stuff within 2 days after I place the order. I have had nothing but good experiences with them; website only though.
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 30th May 2007 at 07:40 PM.

I've never shopped with Scentiments, but it sounds like you're better off making a call to the manager. I'd explain the situation and tell them that you're unhappy with the service you've been getting recently and that you're considering to move to another online store. The lady should at least know the products her company's selling and offer you decent service.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

I've shopped online from Scentiments for three years and their service and products have always been very good. I like dealing with them.

I too have never had any problems ordering on Scentiments website. Never had to call them to order or resolve a problem though. I do remember the tear that you went on Scentronic regarding the Macy's SA's and thought you might go there again. In defense of one lone SA at the Macy's near me though... Before finding scents on line I used to go to the same SA all the time for years, specifically because she was the only one there that did not spray me down like one would mace a would be assailant. As time went on she actually took the time to listen to me and what I like and don't like. I almost feel bad that I don't buy from her anymore. Specifically because they don' t carry Creed and other high end scents. I still stop by to say hello and be friendly with her. She actually remembers my name. I guess they still fill a niche segment out there, shrinking as it may be. Sorry to bring the whole thing up again. But I am sorry about the Selection Verte incident. But sorry again if I missed something. How did it end? Did your order finally go through? Did you ask her if she used to work at Macy's? Please let us know. A real cliffhanger. thx Scott

Naw, everything is cool. It's on the way and will be here on Friday!

I know I post more reviews of customer service than I do about fragrances, but when I have an experience that leaves me frustrated, confused, or laughing, I always gotta report it!

It's probably not even worthwhile...but just thinking back about how sure this woman was that "she" didn't carry SV, only to be proven wrong, makes me laugh.

She even did congratulate me for playing along. lol.

I'll continue to shop there, its just funny.

---------------------

I had a great conversation with whom I believe to be one of the owners or upper-level managers. He was very insightful, and freely offered reasoning behind pricing, customer service methods, etc. He was very friendly and knew exactly what I was talking about, and I wish I could deal with that guy whenever I ordered. I don't like ordering online with automated forms because I like a verbal confirmation that everything is in order....and I only do business with companies that have phone numbers.
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    I don't like ordering online with automated forms because I like a verbal confirmation that everything is in order....and I only do business with companies that have phone numbers.
    So I guess you dont Ebay then
    -

Default Re: Scentiments.com's customer svc...???

Ebay does make me slightly uncomfortable, but I always send the seller a message before bidding to make sure they respond to things.

If you ever have any problems with Scentiments, drop the Fragrance Guru a note.

I recently posted in another thread about a problem I had and how I emailed him and within 15 minutes, he was on the phone making things right with me.

He's a fabulous guy and they get nothing but glowing reviews from me.

Also, I never call in my orders. Computers don't sass talk you when they don't know what you're talking about.

Like Dr. Bubba said, I always send my orders via computer-- I hate talking on the phone.

I've always gotten very good, prompt service from Scentiments. Their prices are amazing as is their selection. I've bought at least 10 Creeds from them and never had a problem.