Code of Conduct

Default I received my Gendarme Sky today

During my lunch break, my Gendarme Sky order came in. First thoughts:

1. Bottle is just a bottle
    2. First spray..."it smells like the sky", meaning, air
    3. I'm starting to get mad at how light this is (but it is called sky...)
    4. After eating lunch, I'm picking up the scent now...its hard to describe. Definitely peppery, something something.
    5. Scent is turning very Frederic Malle like, meaning, its very light but distinct. This does remind me of Angeliques Sous La Pluie (sp?)

Of interest, my bottle is personally signed by Topper himself. I don't remember this being part of the description.

More to come.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: I received my Gendarme Sky today

In it's 'lightness' does it resemble any of the notes of the original 'Woolite-esque' Gendarme?

It is completely and totally unique from the current Gendarme line. The pepper and the cognac are nicely blended.

TNMA

Quote Originally Posted by thenmarcher View Post

4. After eating lunch, I'm picking up the scent now...its hard to describe. Definitely peppery, something something.
    5. Scent is turning very Frederic Malle like, meaning, its very light but distinct. This does remind me of Angeliques Sous La Pluie (sp?)

Of interest, my bottle is personally signed by Topper himself. I don't remember this being part of the description.

More to come.

TNMA
    Aaaaaah ... that sucks. I really had high hopes for this one. I thought it would be different than the usual Original Gendarme "variations", and that it would be longer lasting.

Oh well, at least they just released the EdP version along with Sky. I'm very curious how much different this one will be than Gendarme 20.

Also, the website did say that any bottle of Gendarme EdP ordered before May 25th would be signed by Topper himself. It didn't say anything about Sky though ... but maybe he was hanging out by those bottles and just decided to sign those also.

It is definitely different from the usual Gendarme line. Surpringly, as long lasting as the original as well, well over 6 hours. Not bad for an EdT.

TNMA

So overall, thumbs up or thumbs down?
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

To date:

3.5 stars

Longevity

4 stars

A great summer scent. The cognac makes me want to have a cognac.

TNMA

So far, the only Gendarme that is a "keeper" for me is Gendarme V.

And I have been a "sucker" for almost everything Topper has put out.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    So far, the only Gendarme that is a "keeper" for me is Gendarme V.

And I have been a "sucker" for almost everything Topper has put out.
    Me too, and I feel pretty stupid going to Barneys looking for the EdP that they don't have. What kind of ^&*(iu7 goes into a store MORE THAN ONCE to try a new fragrance? I am going to wait til July and then see if the stuff ever comes in.

I purchased both the EDP and SKY and both of my bottles were signed....
    on a side note though....are all GENDARME spayers weird? Like as in the spray puff clouds....not at all what I'm used to in other sprayer frags....Don't know if I really like that...Other thoughts???

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321 View Post
    Aaaaaah ... that sucks. I really had high hopes for this one. I thought it would be different than the usual Original Gendarme "variations", and that it would be longer lasting.

Oh well, at least they just released the EdP version along with Sky. I'm very curious how much different this one will be than Gendarme 20.

Also, the website did say that any bottle of Gendarme EdP ordered before May 25th would be signed by Topper himself. It didn't say anything about Sky though ... but maybe he was hanging out by those bottles and just decided to sign those also.

Quote Originally Posted by rjrober22 View Post
    I purchased both the EDP and SKY and both of my bottles were signed....
    on a side note though....are all GENDARME spayers weird? Like as in the spray puff clouds....not at all what I'm used to in other sprayer frags....Don't know if I really like that...Other thoughts???
    I'm thinking about ordering the EDP. What are your impressions of it? Does it seem stronger than the 20? Thanks.

I am wearing the EDP today and it does seem a bit more potent...I'm going to do a test of carriere and the EDP side by side tomorrow though....they seem awfully close by my memory....closer than the EDP is to 20.

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
    I'm thinking about ordering the EDP. What are your impressions of it? Does it seem stronger than the 20? Thanks.
    Last edited by rjrober22; 1st June 2007 at 04:50 PM.

I agree with you about those sprayers. They somehow manage to spray almost 180 degrees! You have to have the sprayer very close to catch it all, or you end up wasting 50% every spray!
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

I also agree, the sprayer for my Sky is lame.

TNMA

OK ... so what's the verdict on this one guys?

Yay or Nay?

Quote Originally Posted by thenmarcher View Post

More to come.

TNMA

Awesome!

I've been dying to get a whiff of this ever since I heard about it. This has pretty much solidified that desire.

Thanks man!
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    I agree with you about those sprayers. They somehow manage to spray almost 180 degrees! You have to have the sprayer very close to catch it all, or you end up wasting 50% every spray!

I never remember this until it is too late and the spray that is aimed at my chest always hits me in the mouth.

Now I know how my ex felt.
    Last edited by DrBubba; 4th June 2007 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by rjrober22 View Post
    I am wearing the EDP today and it does seem a bit more potent...I'm going to do a test of carriere and the EDP side by side tomorrow though....they seem awfully close by my memory....closer than the EDP is to 20.
    I'm only seeing the EDT at the Gendarme website; where did you find the Sky EDP?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloom View Post
    I'm only seeing the EDT at the Gendarme website; where did you find the Sky EDP?
    There is no EDP version of Sky. The EDP is the stronger version of the original Gendarme.