Code of Conduct

Default You smell like...

Have you ever had someone point out what your perfume smells like and it completely ruins it for you because then you notice it?

For instance I was testing habinita and my girlfriend walked in and asked if I had taken a bath in baby powder and then I took note and realized that to me it did smell alot like baby powder and the last thing I wanted to do was be the guy who baths in baby powder before he goes out.

Then I was sampling CDG - Carnation and was loving it but then my mom pointed out it smells like potpouri and although i like the smell it just in a way ruined it for me. Now I'm on the fence about possibly purchasing a bottle or decant where as I was certain I was going to purchase one or the other.
    Last edited by matreal; 31st May 2007 at 12:40 AM.

Off-Scenter

Default Re: You smell like...

I usually don't mind comments of this sort - except the time when my wife told me that the smell of my beloved (and abandoned) Parfum d'Habit reminded her of her recently deceased father.

Someone at work once told me that the Terre de Hermes I was wearing smelled like ass.

(She didn't like my "So you're a connoisseur of ass, eh?" response.)

haha well I shrug off the comments such as "You smell bad" or "You smell feminine." It's just that when they both pointed it out and I sniffed myself I noticed that it did indeed smell like it. Not that I don't still enjoy it but I just feel like I don't feel the need to buy it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321 View Post
    Someone at work once told me that the Terre de Hermes I was wearing smelled like ass.

You should have bent over and asked Ms. Rim Job to compare the two.
    Last edited by ajmc; 31st May 2007 at 03:00 AM.

Talking Re: You smell like...

"So you're a connoisseur of ass, eh?" response.)
    lol

You couldn't have had a better reply. Kudos.

I just got a bottle of CdG Carnation and I don't think it smells like potpourri at all!! I would have to disagree. First that is one person's opinion, second - well, who cares what they think? Oh, I guess you care what your spouse thinks. I tried some Sacre Bleu last night and my husband sniffed it and said, "Oh yuck, it smells like Benadryl cough syrup!" but after 20 minutes, he said, "Well, what do you have on now, because that is nice!" so....
    I think the drydown on the Carnation is equally as nice and I don't do florals, least of all single floral, but carnation is one of my favorite flower scents. Maybe I will just spray my pillow with it at night.
    I like the scent of Grace, but I can't smell it on myself at all, so I spray the inside of one of my purses with it. I like Agent Provacateur the same way. I like the smell but I don't want to smell LIKE it, so I spray my pillow with it sometimes (I only have a little tester).
    I don't mind it when my husband wears Aramis and smells like my dad. I just ask him not to wear that one to bed!! He only wears Aramis to work.

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
    You should have bent over and asked Ms. Rim Job to compare the two.
    Hahaha. "Terre d'Hermès" versus "Ass Bottled".