Code of Conduct

Default Oral Routine (get your mind out of the gutter)???

I'm just wondering what people's oral routines are? I have a water pik, floss, tooth brush and mouth wash. What do people think is best to do morning and night? What is the best order to use these products? Thanks for any help!
    Looking to swap…look for my thread on the trade page. May be interested in buying Amouage. Having fun with shower gels. If you want to get rid of yours or swap for frags, give me a shout!

Default Re: Oral Routine (get your mind out of the gutter)???

I just brush, then floss, then use mouth wash. What's a water pik?
    Click to view my swap thread (L'Occitane and Tam Dao products going):

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/277...mp-body-lotion

Lightly brush, floss, lightly brush again, then anticavity mouthwash (ie not listerine-type for breath, but the one with fluoride). But only at night. So far, there's been no need to floss twice a day, despite my previous propensity to get cavities. In the morning, only a light brush.

cacio

Brushing, then mouthwash, often finishing off with a breath-freshening spray

Floss. Electric toothbrush. Mouthwash.

Good to see such a hygienic bunch.

I brush after every meal. I have a travel toothbrush at work.
    I floss at night and use mouthwash.
    My wife, a dentist, says never to directly brush after eating. Wait half an hour or so.
    Reason is there are a lot of enzymes (first stage of digestion) in your mouth generated by chewing.
    You will damage your teeth if you brush immediately as the enzymes work as an exfoliating agent. You're basically taking off a layer of your tooth's protective layer

for swap/sale:

I use diluted sea salt as a much more natural and gentler mouthwash. Just dissolve a generous pinch in some boiling water.

I just floss, brush, and scrape my tongue every morning and again as needed.

Blog Entries

Brush, floss, scrape tongue. Sometime I use mouthwash. I used to use water pik when I got braces.

The best thing I've added to my oral routine is a tongue brush. There are bristles on the front to loosen the bacteria, and then a lip on the back side that you drag down your tongue to collect the bacteria and get rid of it. Since doing that, I have noticed that my breath (although never horrid) has nothing that could ever be found as offensive. It is kind of gross to see what's on your tongue the first time you do it, but I have seen a tremendous change in the cleanliness of my tongue and all around, my total oral care
    Basically, what I am trying to say is if you don't already have a tongue brush (which Im sure some of you don't) go get one

Best investment EVER was a set of dental picks. Really useful for scraping gunk that flossing has a hard time getting. The tips are metal, so they're durable.

Morning: brush, floss, rinse with ACT flouride wash (non alcohol) plus equal part hydrogen peroxide
    Night: repeat

Never had my teeth bleached and dentists have told me I have some of the naturally whitest teeth they've seen (non bleached). I may bleach because everyone seems to be doing it, but I don't want them to look fluorescent white.

Guerlainista

In the evening I floss, then brush with a Philips SoniCare, then rinse with antiseptic mouthwash (Listerine, etc. - something with alcohol.

I feel like it's better to floss first to get out stuff that may be stuck in between teeth. That way the brush scrubs those areas more thoroughly.

In the morning, I usually brush on the "fast" setting and then mouthwash.

If it's handy, I sometimes floss after meals.

If I'm feeling too tired, I'll just floss and mouthwash at night.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -