Code of Conduct

Default Close to your body

What would be the favourite fragrance that stays very close to your body? I mean, the one that can be detected from very close to the wearer and be very light but still have a long lasting staying power.
    Cheers,
    Alex

Default Re: Close to your body

guerlain vetiver & terre d´hermes are close to .. & longlasting but are they "very light" ?

i say no.
    "Wow, I've never smelled anything like that before."

Caron Pour Homme--after the initial blast of lavender, stays very close to the body. Their ad campaign once stated "If you want to get someone's attention, whisper."

I like frags that produce good projection and sillage so close-to-the-skin types don't tend to stay in my wardrobe very long if they make it there at all. Of the frags I own, Idole de Lubin would probably fit your query the best.

Blog Entries

Burberry Touch always surprises me on how close to the skin it wears, but how long it lasts! It envelops me in subtle clean musk all day.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Bulgari pour Homme Extreme. It's long lasting but stays very close to the skin. Too close? I love the stuff but wish it had more sillage. Still an excellent, classy fragrance.
    For swap/sale: Vintage Tiffany for Men, Histoires de Parfums 1740 Marquis de Sade, 1 Million Absolutely Gold, Prada Amber pour Homme DELUXE version, Loewe Pour Homme, Pure Malt 2013, Floris Vetiver, Charriol Royal Leather, Dior Homme Intense, Chanel PMC, M7 gel, Roma (women's), Spicebomb, Trussardi Uomo, Obsession, others...
    http://tiny.cc/rd8ptw
    (swaps)
    http://tinyurl.com/a7qoley
    (sales)

Basenotes Institution

Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermes

Quote Originally Posted by ebear View Post
    Bulgari pour Homme Extreme. It's long lasting but stays very close to the skin. Too close? I love the stuff but wish it had more sillage. Still an excellent, classy fragrance.
    The original PH has the same subtle characteristics, ck be as well as Bowling Green and Chanel PM.

Off-Scenter

Unlike many, I too prefer my scents to stay close to my body. Handshake distance is about as far as I like my scents to project. I'm able to control many "loud" scents, including Black Aoud, Patou pour Homme, and Ungaro II, by careful application. Of course, if you put on enough of anything you can get at least some projection.

Some of my favorites that naturally stay close to my body are Idole de Lubin, Villoresi's Yerbamate, Cuir d'Oranger, Santal Noble, and Erolfa.

A special case was Musc Ravageur. I love the scent, but I smelled like I'd bathed in the stuff no matter how little I put on. I finally solved the problem by switching to the oil preparation. Nice and long lasting, but nobody suffocates!

Both fragrances by L'Artisan Parfumeurs, which I own, provide me with this close-feeling: Tea for Two, Voleur de Roses.

...and probably Sables (Annick Goutal).
    Last edited by DesGrieux; 29th May 2007 at 08:05 PM.

Voleur de Roses If it really did stay close, I would wear it more often, because I really enjoy VDR. I thought it belongs to the perfumes with more sillage than a rosebush has, and from the feedback I occasionally got it does not seem to whisper during the first hours.
    Last edited by narcus; 29th May 2007 at 08:15 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

I second the vote for Bulgari pour Homme Extreme. It drys down to a very close, quite dry oakmoss-musk (on me, anyway) . You have to be standing very close to smell it. It's a wonderful scent, however - subtle and classy. You just have to get used to carrying around a secret with you all day :^)

Wink Re: Close to your body

Chanel Egoiste
    Creed Bois du Portugal
    Dior Homme

Voleur des Roses
    Bois du Portugal
    Allure Homme

Very Irresistible, I can only smell it went I stick my wrist into my nose, however, it stays there forever.

Greenbriar by Caswell Massey (the vintage version)

Ungaro III doesn't give out a lot of sillage (doesnt give out any really).
    I have to really sniff it within less than an inch of where i sprayed it but i think it smells divine. I love the rose in it. Wish it could project like normal scents.

gupts

Mark Birley for men
    Armani Eau Pour Homme
    CDG - Kyoto

Quote Originally Posted by P-Natra View Post
    Dior Homme
    I agree with this. Dior Homme smells fantastic but again it doesnt project at all. I have to dig this out as well to smell it.The beautiful bottle and its awesome smell has held me back from getting rid of it, despite zero projection.

gupts

Monsieur Galimard
    LV Spezie
    LV Uomo
    Open
    Ungaro I
    Aura of Patchouli
    Bulgari PH
    Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood
    Last edited by MisterK; 31st May 2007 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Some of the frags don't have lasting power for most BNers
    In rotation: Greenbriar (new), Silver Mountain Water, Dunhill for Men (1934), Acqua di Parma Colonia, Habit Rouge EDC, Ho Hang, B*Men, Agua Brava

Angeliques sous la Pluie. 5-7 sprays lasts about 8 hours and it never leaves my personal space.

L'artisan Dzing
    Bvlgari Black
    Gendarme

These all stay very close to the skin for me. With the exception of Dzing, they last pretty long on me too.

Wow! Thanks guys for all the replies. Now I know what to look for.
    Cheers to all
    Alex