Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Montana Parfum d'Homme (the original)

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    You have to admit that the bottle is god-damn ugly, though...
    I don't think its ugly its very Claude Montana. He is very modern and abstract designer and the bottle just fits his style.

Totally agreed scentimus!!!
    The bottle is the perfect masculine traslation of the feminine bottle, very montana style reminescent of the sculptural and architectural french 80's wave

So for further clarification...

The Montana that's advertised in the red box on both fragrancenet's site and Perfume Emporium's site is the "good" version that's been brought back to production??

http://www.fragrancenet.com/f/net/mf...der=M&gs_gen=m

http://www.perfumeemporium.com/mens/...ologne=Montana

Thanks in advance...
    Last edited by KMF; 5th November 2007 at 06:01 AM.

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

The good news is a local pharmacy--sort of a Mom-N-Pop style--has 4 of the 2.5oz "Old Formulation" Montana Parfum d'Homme in an interior display case. The store is relatively sunlight free although it probably doesn't matter as they are boxed/sealed, and the A/C cranking a full 24/7.

The bad news is they want $39.95 each. That is wayyyy too much considering the little difference between the 'vintage' and the 'new' versions and they are the 2.5 oz size, but again, they haven't sold a single one in the 9 months since I first saw them sitting there. I just might make them a lowball offer for all 4 bottles. probably work my way up to $20-$22 each tops (cello sealed red boxes) and see how motivated they are to move them..otherwise, I will have to pass.
    Last edited by kbe; 3rd November 2007 at 07:09 PM.
    These things cannot be long hidden: the Sun, the Moon, the Truth--Buddha

Dependent
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scentemental View Post
    The way to tell the vintage stock from the new stock is that the vintage stock will have the following on the box:

EAU DE TOILETTE
    SPRAY NATUREL

Whereas the the newly released bottles and reformulation will have the information listed in the following manner:

NATURAL SPRAY
    EAU DE TOILLETTE

Of course, another give away is that the new bottles have the list of ingredients that are required to be listed on the box under EC regulations.

I have both, and I have been doing extensive blind testing and my conclusion--good news indeed--is that there is very little difference between the two. The incense note is slightly more complex and prominent in the vintage formulation
    Ah, thank you for this wonderful clarification, scentemental. My vintage bottle of Montana Parfum d'Homme arrived today, and I have to concur about the incense. I will give it a bit longer to see if there are more differences, but I could happily drown in either vintage or reformulation.
    Last edited by Aiona; 17th January 2009 at 11:03 PM.

There is a review pending at the moment. Have a look the next few days (i hope at least).
    For me it is the best perfume i have ever put hands on and my signature perfume. I love it.
    Havana is a kind of similar perfume but there is no real comparison between the two of them, Montana is much more better in my opinion.
    And even a lot of people consider the bottle ugly, in my eyes it is a beauty. It looks like a zigurat going up to the top, near the stars the ancient assyrians were studying.

11/10 for me.Period.

Although this isn't something I'm personally interested in wearing right now, I've owned it at different times in the past and I think it is a masterpiece --both juice and the bottle are beautiful. A work of art.

Wish this house would come out with something new. I think it has been a while.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Monsieur Montana are you some kind of shill for Montana? I see 4 threads about Montana

I bought a bottle of Parfum d'Homme. The box was genuine, with all the hallmarks, but the bottle inside turned out to be the grey one; the new 2001 scent, Montana Homme. I had been swindled. I ended up keeping it, though. I figured that I didn't have a stout citrus scent (however, synthetic) for summer. It's not bad, but it's not Parfum dHomme, either.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Wish this house would come out with something new. I think it has been a while.
    guess it's just another aquired brand which lies on laurels from a glorious past!
    sailing the Oceans of Boredom...
    Currently wearing: Antaeus by Chanel

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by Francolino View Post
    guess it's just another aquired brand which lies on laurels from a glorious past!
    Well, Montana Black Edition wasn't released *that* long ago, coming out within the past five years by the same great nose that did Parfum d'Homme (Red Box) and it smells equally superb. I do think all the variations of the Montana bottle look terrible, Black Edition included, but the juice inside is top-notch, with silly low pricing.
    Last edited by drseid; 7th February 2015 at 08:07 AM.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
    Currently wearing: Tsar by Van Cleef & Arpels

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    Well, Montana Black Edition wasn't released *that* long ago, coming out within the past five years by the same great nose that did Parfum d'Homme (Red Box) and it smells equally superb. I do think all the variations of the Montana bottle look terrible, Black Edition included), but the juice inside is top-notch, with silly low pricing.
    agree, the bottle is kinda tacky, it spoils the experience a bit!
    sailing the Oceans of Boredom...
    Currently wearing: Antaeus by Chanel

You'd think the bottle would, but it's the stuff inside that conjures images of close encounters... of whatever kind.
    The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com

The bottle is based on the women version both based on the concept of the spiral a maple seed makes falling to the ground. I believe Serge Mansau created it. It does look better in black.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    The bottle is based on the women version both based on the concept of the spiral a maple seed makes falling to the ground. I believe Serge Mansau created it. It does look better in black.
    Interesting. I always assumed it was this, thinking it was in Montana but just looked it up and it's in Wyoming.

Last edited by The Bark; 7th February 2015 at 02:23 PM.
    The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com