Code of Conduct

Default Chanel Egoiste Concentree - what should I do with it?

Hello everyone, I'm quite knew here and I don''t post much but I've been going to basenotes almost everyday to broaden my knowledge and to further develop my appreciation on fragrances

The list of fragrances I have include the following:

Creed - Himalaya, GIT, MI and SMW

AdP - Colonia, Colonia Assoluta

Helmut Lang - Cuiron

Bond no. 9 - Bleecker st, Wall st, Riverside Drive

Hermes - TdH

YSL - M7 Fresh

Recently, I acquired a bottle of Chanel Egoiste Concentree. 2.5 oz (splash). I really don't know what to make of this scent cause it's quite unique. I'm thinking of selling it cause I don't see myself using it quite often. Contrary to intention of selling this frag, I realized that this scent is rare and extremely difficult to find after going through some threads. Now that I've done my research, I am pretty much thinking twice of what to do with this fragrance and I would like to get your honest opinion on what i should do from here.

Should I just let it sit in my closet and give it a few more tries before selling it or should i sell it now and make a profit to get some other scents (Nasomatto Duro and Musc Ravageur) i intend on getting?

Your input and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Default Re: Chanel Egoiste Concentree - what should I do with it?

If you're sure you don't want to wear it then sell it, what else to do with it... However, I saw it selling for around 30-40 ($60-80) on ebay couple weeks ago, you'll need a bit more $$ to get MR.

Sur la Plage

If you are sure you don't like it and are not going to wear it, you can put it on the Basenotes Sale board or Swap board (maybe someone will swap you for a fragrance that you really want).

However, to post in the Sale or Swap boards you must meet at least one of the following criteria:

You are a supporting member
    You have been a member for over a year
    You have made over 500 posts (members we feel are posting purely to reach this threshhold will have their post count reduced)
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

You have a treasure you can always sell later. Egoiste Concentree is awesome and you may find yourself liking in the future. keep sampling it, you may change your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    However, to post in the Sale or Swap boards you must meet at least one of the following criteria:

You are a supporting member
    You have been a member for over a year
    You have made over 500 posts (members we feel are posting purely to reach this threshhold will have their post count reduced)
    Apparently, those requirements have either been relaxed or ignored, as there are several threads on the sale/swap boards from new, non-supporting members.

As for the Egoiste, I would recommend hanging on to it, and revisiting as your experience and tastes develop (which they surely will). I can recall my first experience with Egoiste--I never thought I'd be able to wear it in public without being fraught with anxiety. Now, it is in my "pantheon" of scents.
    Last edited by Circa1905; 16th July 2008 at 01:57 PM.

Post Re: Chanel Egoiste Concentree - what should I do with it?

Before you make a decision, on Chanel Egoiste Concentree wait till cooler weather, and try again. When Fall rolls around, give it a wearing or two, than make your decision.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

All this talk about concentree made me go give myself a spritz. All I got to say is "WOW". That's what I always say to myself when I spray Egoiste Concentree. If more companies made juice like this I would be heaven and possibly broke. Hey Chanel, re-issue Egoiste Concentree and market it right, and you'll have an immediate best seller.

Thanks for the advice guys and sharing your experience with this frag. I guess I'll hold on to it for another year and give it a whole cali winter season before letting it go.