Code of Conduct

Default Help! Niki de St. Phalle

Today at a flohmarkt I met a wonderful woman who was selling part of her enormous mini collection. She sold me a little bottle of Niki de St. Phalle, a chypre I've been wanting for some time. It is a circular, deep sapphire blue bottle, crowned with a gold sphere. It's about 5-7ml. The juice is just incredible and it's definitely not an EdT, which I have a decant of, and don't particularly like. This one is full of mushrooms and oakmoss, and heaven knows what else. Just amazing. Is this a mini of the EdP or the parfum?? It is very, very strong. She said she collected most of them in the 1980s and early 90s. She was very happy I recognized the name and sold it to me for 3 euros...I'm dancin'!!

Default Re: Help! Niki de St. Phalle

(Slavering with jealousy....) Great Buy, Elf!! That's such a wonderful frag, I wouldn't know which it could be but.......wear it in good health!!
    Last edited by TaoLady; 3rd June 2007 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Niggling.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Wow. Talk about coinky dinks. I tried looking this up in the directory today after I saw a threesome on ebay. Two were parfums with the name written in gold on the front in a handwritten style. The other had a picture of a stylized dancing woman -- she was red and and in a swimsuit (?) with yellow hair/cap (I looked at her for a while, her breasts appeared very lopsided and she needs serious sunblock) This was an Eau Defendue, which I'd never heard of before. Hey, Defendue....defend....maybe it is sunblock! And the picture is a message!
    Please, spritz responsibly.

It was purchased around 20 years ago and the lettering is in gold, "handwritten" style. Thanks for researching! The only parfum I've found is sold in a wonderful rainbow-snake-topped boxy bottle. Don't know if it's the same as what I have. I believe 20 years ago they were making an EdP version, but only the EdT is around now, and a few bottles of that snakey parfum. The EdT smells horrible on me, this little bottle is wow!

I didn't do any research--it's just a resounding coincidence. I'm hitting every perfume mini lot to see what someone is selling en masse that they don't know what is. : My latest bag of minis sits before me, 19 bottles, all together in one ziplock bag with the air sucked out. It's painful in a way. I know here sits a dead woman's little collection, which once she handled and dusted and sniffed, all jumbled together like a bag of beans.

No more! The little babies are rescued! Carefully examined, polished, and sniffed--- it's the circle of life, I say!

So tell me....is this what my son means by Emo?
    --------------------------------------
    The first one out is 'Destiny'! Whah, whah, whah!

Coco, Samsara, Tiffany for Men, L'Air du Temps with green birds, Paris, L'Air du Temps with blue birds, Tocade, Escada Margeretha Ley, Safari, Casmir, Color de Bennetton Uomo, the tiniest sweetest little Shalimar, True Love, Paloma Picasso, Champagne, Alfred Sung Forever, and one whose bottle I recognize but name eludes me.

I got it for the two which were "no labels, unknown" the micro mini green and blue topped L'Airs, to go with my micro mini white birds. And the teeny Shalimar.

I tell you, that type case has flipped some switch in my brain!
    Last edited by Shycat; 8th June 2007 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Please, spritz responsibly.