Code of Conduct

Default Several Montale Perfumes at 50% !

Montale Paris have sent their registered perfume clients the following notification, effective June1, 07:

<< Dear Clients,

we have the pleasure to offer a special discount of 50% for these perfumes: Amandes orientales, Jasmin full, Orient extrême, Aoud Cuir d'Arabie, Patchouli leaves, Fougères marines and Sandalsliver.

Valid offer only on our website >>

I thought some others might be interested also.
    n.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Default Re: Several Montale Perfumes at 50% !

Montale's prices are ridiculous. I have so much respect to the perfumes, but excuse me, the prices are vile. Here in Dubai (the Gulf), you can't be more Oud-y than the Oud people, and from that point of departure (very well understood by Mr. Montale), the prices are WAY less than they are in Europe and the USA. Pricing is science. Don't let the captains of this beautiful industry take us for a ride.

I wish I had the address of a serious dealer in Dubai to buy a couple of oudh oils from in a quality comparable to Montale perfumes, one more or less pure, like the Royal Oudh, another blended like Montale's Attar, Black or Lime Aoud.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

we have the pleasure to offer a special discount of 50% for these perfumes: Amandes orientales, Jasmin full, Orient extrême, Aoud Cuir d'Arabie, Patchouli leaves, Fougères marines and Sandalsliver.

Which do you reccomend? Many of those choices say that they are specifically for women.

Thanks for the heads up Narcus.

I hope this doesnt turn into one of those "Montale's ouds arent the real thing and they suck!" threads..
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde65 View Post
    ...Which do you reccomend? Many of those choices say that they are specifically for women.
    Amandes.O., Patchouli.L., Sandalsliver are the feminines. Montales classification is very reliable as far as I can judge it (and the BN directory is completely off). I do not agree in the case of Sandalsliver, though. It could well be called a masculine. Sandalwood isn't extremely masculine yet woody woody by nature, and also a nice skin scent. Minimally sweet, and pleasant to yourself it is not a head turner. Women can certainly wear this also. Maybe they just didn't find it attractive enough in the past.

Patchouli Leaves:
    this is almost a pure patchouli, and not everybody likes that. As such it would be masculine, but other ingredients pull it towards the feminine side.I am undecided. One could use it for blending. But there is so many perfect perfumes out there. I rather leave blending to the experts.

Amandes Orientales:
    (left blank)

Jasmin Full:
    This is of first quality, and I have always loved pure Jasmine in southern climates. I use jasmine soap, and am tempted to buy it for the bathroom and guests, my lavender alternative .

That leaves as 100% masculine Fougere Marine: very good! I get a salty tase just thinking of it, it lasts well too.

Aoud Cuir d'Arabie
    : if you like dry, raw leather, tanned biologically, ie. without the chemicals used in modern leather production, that leave the hide without much of an odor at all. Opinions are split on this one. I simply love it. All of these have EDP strength.

For more details go to BN reviews, and also search for threads. All frags have been widely discussed around May thru July 2006.
    Last edited by narcus; 3rd June 2007 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

A personal thank you to narcus for posting this. I have said before how much I love Aoud Cuir d'Arabie. The decant I bought was treated like pure gold. At the moment I try not to buy anything new, but sell a bit on eBay and therefor improve my collection, but after asking Montale Perfums about payment via PayPal (yes, it is possible - still I don't own a credit card) I went for a bottle of Aoud Cuir d'Arabie.

Let's hope and prey narcus lets us know when Black Oud is at 50%
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

I was looking for their website earlier today, but still can't find it. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Healer View Post
    Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by dr.creed View Post
    A personal thank you to narcus for posting this. I have said before how much I love Aoud Cuir d'Arabie. The decant I bought was treated like pure gold. At the moment I try not to buy anything new, but sell a bit on eBay and therefor improve my collection, but after asking Montale Perfums about payment via PayPal (yes, it is possible - still I don't own a credit card) I went for a bottle of Aoud Cuir d'Arabie.

Have you got the answer from Montale via email or phone? I have sent "some" emails to them, but never got any answers... But hopefully I will get a bottle of Jasmin Full anyway, hopefully...
    Last edited by Ascella; 4th June 2007 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascella View Post
    Have you got the answer from Montale via email or phone? I have sent "some" emails to them, but never got any answers... But hopefully I will get a bottle of Jasmin Full anyway, hopefully...
    I sent the e-mail yesterday evening and got the answer today in the morning.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

I sent the e-mail yesterday evening and got the answer today in the morning.
    Did you send the email to info@parfums-montale.com? In English or French?

Quote Originally Posted by Ascella View Post
    Did you send the email to info@parfums-montale.com? In English or French?
    Yes, English
    Last edited by dr.creed; 4th June 2007 at 10:20 AM.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Yes, English
    Thanks, hmm, strange that they only answer some of the mails...

Same here, I have actually made some purchases on Saturday from Montale and try to get in touch with someone there via e-mail to arrange the delivery address. However, I still haven' heard from them... I am worried, as I have already paid for the goods.

The hell he will, it's his favorite!
    Anyone who orders from them will automatically be registered as a client, though! And Coconut, don't worry yet. They are
    notoriously bad communicators!
    Last edited by narcus; 4th June 2007 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by narcus View Post
    Anyone who orders from them will automatically be registered as a client, though! And Coconut, don't worry yet. They are
    notoriously bad communicators!
    I finally got a reply from them but I was told that they have sold out of Jasmin Full which is the one I particularly interested in. Now I have to settle for something else, perhaps the Aoud Cuir d'Arabie!

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    I finally got a reply from them but I was told that they have sold out of Jasmin Full which is the one I particularly interested in. Now I have to settle for something else, perhaps the Aoud Cuir d'Arabie!
    Be warned, it's a lot harsher than Damascus would be without roses! I put on Patchouli Leaves this morning, it is quite remarkable actually, and softer than Cuir d'Arabie.
    Last edited by narcus; 4th June 2007 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    I also ordered Jasmin Full, Aoud Cuir d'Arabie and Sweet Oriental Dream on Sat. I received the automatic confirmation email on payment. I have not received an email to say that it is out of stock. I hope my order will go through OK.

Just for your information, a 100ml Montale bottle (ouds and non-ouds) sells for what's equal to US 65/=, here in the UAE. At Al Jazeera retail and a few others. As I said, you can't be more royal than the king, and hence the prices are lowered considering the savvy buyers and the fierce competition. The ouds used are no excuse for the vile prices.

I wish I had the time to help you all get them. It's just so lame you are made to pay a lot more than that simply because you appreciate the fragrances and want to enjoy them. This is blackmail.

My bottle arrived! Shipping is TOP!
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Mine also today. I got Marines Fougeres and Cuir d'Arabie.
    Thanks for the tip Narcus!

My first encouter with Montale.

I like the first one.
    The latter is very weird. It's like smelling at a new pair of real leather shoes. I never , ever smelled a fragrance with leather , that smelled like real leather and nothing else. (I must ad, I haven't experienced a lot leathers in my life , till now though.) I wonder how this will evolve.

Last edited by eric; 8th June 2007 at 02:14 PM.

my pleasure, Eric! You guys won't believe it: they didn't answer my e-mails yet, nor did they send me a new password. I'll register anew this week-end. Hopefully they' ll accept that under the same old name and address. Or, I'll call Monday. I want CDA, too, darn'... And my sample of Jasmin Full smells double as beautiful since they removed that perfume their home page!
    I am now afraid it's gone forever...
    Last edited by narcus; 8th June 2007 at 08:15 PM.

Mine arrived yesterday as well. Nor did I get any answers to my emails, but they must have read them, since I got one order successfully canceled.
    Last edited by Ascella; 8th June 2007 at 07:46 PM.

I'm not sure if I should order Montale's Blue Amber or Sweet Orienal Dream? I read that Blue Amber is more masculine; however, I prefer a scent with a strong, almost candy-like "vanilla waffer" smell like in Givenchy Pi.

I received my order today but unfortunately the Jasmin Full was missing. The company substituted Patchouli Leaves without informing me. I am very disappointed; they should have at least given me a chance to decide whether I wanted a different product. I feel a bit put out. It is somewhat arrogant of them to push a product onto me without my consent.

I'd be pissed. Talk about frustrating...

I would demand a refund!
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

What about mailing or calling them first.
    Maybe it's a mistake.

I wrote an email to them complaining about it, but their correspondence is very slow so I probably have to wait a few days for a reply.
    However, I have a slight problem as I could not resist opening the Patchouli Leaves, although I know it is very similar to Ambre Sultan. Obviously now that I have opened it I can't send it back; It would be a torture for me to have it here and not try it out. Anyway 50% off is a good deal, can't beat that.

gregmech26 : I just tested Sweet Oriental Dream, I think you will like it. It has a good sillage and candy-like "vanilla wafer" as you said. I think it has more bite in it.

Quote Originally Posted by alaya View Post
    gregmech26 : I just tested Sweet Oriental Dream, I think you will like it. It has a good sillage and candy-like "vanilla wafer" as you said. I think it has more bite in it.
    Thanks! I can't wait to try it.