Code of Conduct

Default Fragrance display cases

I'm interested in moving my fragrances into a free-standing case, something with glass or wood doors. Has anyone purchased something like this before? Any thoughts on where to begin my search?

Default Re: Fragrance display cases

Oh yes, many of us have. Quarry got a lovely little case for her collection but danged if I can recall where. My collection has been everywhere-- dark closet, one of those lean against the wall shelving units, and currently lives in my (former) breakfast room china cabinet. Light is the enemy of fragrances, but I like to look at my bottles and see everything when I choose a scent. Hiding them away in a dark closet robbed me of a great deal of pleasure. The leaning shelves left them vulnerable to my cats.

I'd say start at Hobby Lobby. I frequently notice sweet little cabinets there at a good price.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Talking Re: Fragrance display cases

Somehow Hobby Lobby just didn't come to mind, but you're right, that place is completely on the money for this kind of thing and reasonable. I'll check it out - thanks!

You're welcome. If you find something, post a description.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quarry got a lovely little case for her collection but danged if I can recall where.
    :wave:Hi, Shy, and hi to that darling Michelle whose face just lights up a room.

CabinetIcon.jpg

Foremost White Lavatory Wall Valet, Model HD-2607; $101. I bought it online. Right now I'm not finding it at www.thehomedepot.com. The glass inserts are beveled, and the ones on the side are curved. The bottom three sections hold a good volume of stuff you don't want to see (like plastic decants). The shelves behind the center glass door are adjustable.

Maybe you can find a nice floor model at your local Home Depot.
    Last edited by Quarry; 9th June 2007 at 02:25 AM.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Joy, you're too sweet!

So I have purchased a little cabinet - not so much a display cabinet, but a light-free cabinet suitable for our bedroom. My goal has been to get my scents out of the bathroom - they've been under the sink for lack of a better place - therefore, I needed a cabinet to match oak furniture. I found a bedside table at Ikea (Hemnes bedside table in antique stain, $59.99, www.ikea.com) that should come pretty close to the look of our new bedroom furniture.

To say that the table required some assembly would be an understatement...it took three of us to decipher the directions and assemble (thankfully the new bedroom furniture does NOT require assembly...which explains the significant cost difference). I'm impressed by the quality of the table - it's solid wood (pine, I think) and quite sturdy. And quite full...I'm cut off!

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Under the sink? What a sad place for those bottles. They will feel ever so much more loved in their own special home. Michelle, did you hear LisaLaw describe her perfume "addition" at CSM? Her husband built a wing off their kitchen/family room for her perfume pantry of 700 fragrances!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Smile Re: Fragrance display cases

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    :wave:Hi, Shy, and hi to that darling Michelle whose face just lights up a room.

CabinetIcon.jpg

Foremost White Lavatory Wall Valet, Model HD-2607; $101. I bought it online. Right now I'm not finding it at www.thehomedepot.com. The glass inserts are beveled, and the ones on the side are curved. The bottom three sections hold a good volume of stuff you don't want to see (like plastic decants). The shelves behind the center glass door are adjustable.

Maybe you can find a nice floor model at your local Home Depot.
    What a gorgeous little cabinet Quarry!
    I'd love something like that but will probably never find it here in Australia.

Hi Shycat
    Hi Michelle
    Do any of you ladies collect your perfumes, not only for the scent, but for the beauty of the bottles?
    I've started to buy my friend, who loves her perfumes, empty vintage scent bottles for birthday, anniversary, etc. gifts.
    I have to say that I am rather smitten with some of the glass bottles myself. I have 4 different sized Evening in Paris cobalt blue bottles that are sitting displayed in my china cabinet in our lounge room.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

I'm not especially attracted to the bottles (okay, the Tocca line is sweet), but I'm often put off by some and will decant a favorite scent into another bottle if its original doesn't play well with my others (i.e., Black Cashmere's slick, black river rock).

Shycat, on the other paw, does have a weakness for particular shapes and colors.

Oh dear! I've missed this conversation!

Yes, I do have an insane weakness for lovely flacons. I think the bottles are an art form. Or ( to less snooty) Damn, I like a good package! I have a longing for pretty colored bottles, and my favorite so far is the Paris limited edition springtime Paris Premieres Roses. It color shifts from green to pink when one moves it from top to bottom. How cool is that????

I think the Jalaine bottles are cool--they're crystal, and surface glazed to color shift at different angles. I love the pink sturdiness of Bulgari's Rose Essentielle. Nina Ricci L' Air Du Temps with double doves--in white, blue, and green. The Nina Ricci Les Belles, with their soft serve shape and heavy metal flower tops. I love Lanvin's Oxygene's cool blueness and the cheap plastic jewel on top floats my boat. Chanel's sleek rectangle. Penhaligon's Lilly & Spice with it's brown double wrapped ribbon and bow. It's a pleasure just to look at them.

It does have to be a juice I love. I bought Lempicka's 'L' for it's bottle and swapped it away. The juice was not me at all, and I was so disappointed. It just seems like such a lost opportunity, in a sensual, luxury product, to put it in a utilitarian bottle like cough syrup or mustard. I say, the more beauty, the better.

I should, no, strike that....I will organize all my beauties....someday.

Thumbs up Re: Fragrance display cases

I'm so glad that somebody else is delighted with the bottles & packaging in many of the fragrances. I was afraid I was all alone.

I adore my Chanel Coco Mademoiselle bottle, and the colour of the juice. I think it is so chic!

I also think the miniatures are totally adorable, and WOULD buy them just for the bottle if I liked it. A nice scent would be a complete bonus package!
    A regular sized (thus expensive) bottle... I would not be so willing.

I'd love to see any pics of members bottles that they think might be unique, perhaps vintage and thus beautiful. Or pics of how they display their bottle/scent collection. Love to see other peoples STUFF!!!
    Oh yeah!:wave:
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all. W.SOMERSET MAUGHAM

The "assemble-it-yourself" furniture company Sauder makes a lot of nice stuff that works well with fragrance bottles...good selection and reasonably priced but be careful of the shipping - wood is heavy and heavy = $$$$$ shipping costs.

Best regards,

Mike

Does this Sauder furniture company have a web site, Mikey Q?
    I'd like to take a look if they do.
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all. W.SOMERSET MAUGHAM

Quote Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
    Does this Sauder furniture company have a web site, Mikey Q?
    I'd like to take a look if they do.
    Sure, www.sauder.com

Check out the pantries, audio piers, and then just roam around the site for ideas. I'll post a pic of one of their wall units I keep in a closet (for darkness, of course) that I have a bunch of frags on. Nice looking stuff at a decent price I think.

Cheers,

Mike

Smile Re: Fragrance display cases

Cheers mate, you're an !
    I'll take a look tomorrow since it's 1:21am here in Western Australia.
    I look forward to seeing the pic of your display!!
    Night!!

Wink Re: Fragrance display cases

Hmmm okay, well I am a newbie at this, so please excuse my miniscule collection, but I found that a cheap little wooden deco table with a lace tablecloth and some pretty pictures really made for a cute display table. I think white works well because it shows up the different bottles really well. I've put it in a corner of my bedroom where the sunlight doesn't hit:

Very pretty Lauren!
    I'm a sucker for vintage or vintage style.
    You need an antique picture in your frame.
    I'm sure your frag collection will grow very fast now that you are a BNer.

I've finally moved ALL my frags from my bathroom (the WORSE place for them) into my spare front bedroom, where it's dark and cool.
    They are all sitting nicely on my antique treadle sewing machine; closed and with an embroidered tea cloth on top of it.
    I will get around to posting a pic eventually.

Whoa!! What is that pink bottle? Love that?

I believe it's Fantasy by Britney Spears