Code of Conduct

Arrow the New ChaNel Allure homme sport Cologne Sport

I bought this blind on ebay last week and it arrived in the mail this morning.

Obviously i put it on as soon as it came. Thankfully the sun is out today so it is not a bad day to wear something light and fresh (read aquatic).

The moment i put it on i could smell grapes and oranges. I sniffed from really close within the first few seconds of spraying and i could get some really sharp notes of orange.

It has been an hour now, and the 'orange peel' note is lingering. Infact that is the only note i can grasp in it. I know i am no expert but i am trying hard to look for something else in it. Nothing.

My wrist is smelling like my hands would smell if i peeled an orange.
    Very linear until now. I guess i will have to wait for a while before i can see whats the drydown like.

This is just my first impression of it and i need to wear it several times before i can fully understand this fragrance, though personally i don't think its that complex. Its just another aquatic, feel fresh kind of a fragrance.

I love the bottle though. Almost identical to Allure Homme (Not SpORt) but bigger. Has a black stripe running across chrome cap. Looks quite stylish to me- the black theme running in the form of the printing, the black sprayer etc.

I have read previously its comparisons to Mugler Cologne but i wouldn't know about that since i have never tried MC.

I will be back shortly to reveal what i think of its drydown.

gupts

Default Re: the New ChaNel Allure homme sport Cologne Sport

hi dear gupts
    im going to buy this cologne and want to know your opinion , is it a great choice for summer? can you say it is a very nice scent?: - )

Quote Originally Posted by farshad View Post
    hi dear gupts
    im going to buy this cologne and want to know your opinion , is it a great choice for summer? can you say it is a very nice scent?: - )

I wish i could say that this was a good buy for a summer scent.
    Its good if you are not frustrated with absymally poor longevity and dismal sillage.

I think this one just smells REALLY good for a few minutes when it is sprayed. Like i mentioned in my post it smells of very fresh 'orange peel'.

But beyond those minutes, it sticks so close to the skin that you got to dig your nose in the skin to get a whiff of it (that too if you are lucky).

I will say save your money and put it somewhere else.

gupts

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    I wish i could say that this was a good buy for a summer scent.
    Its good if you are not frustrated with absymally poor longevity and dismal sillage.

I think this one just smells REALLY good for a few minutes when it is sprayed. Like i mentioned in my post it smells of very fresh 'orange peel'.

But beyond those minutes, it sticks so close to the skin that you got to dig your nose in the skin to get a whiff of it (that too if you are lucky).

I will say save your money and put it somewhere else.

gupts
    so bad :-(
    i don't want something only good , want a great smelling scent for summer(can say for the new cologne?) and indelible in my collection , im considering below scents for spring/summer , what are your opinions?

1-gigli man(2003)
    2-the new allure
    3-signoricci
    4-must de cartier
    5-bulgari ph
    6-Kenzo l'eau par
    7-212
    8-chic
    if the problem is only the sillage and longevity i may buy it(the new allure) but if the smell is great!
    Last edited by farshad; 10th June 2007 at 03:58 PM.