Code of Conduct

Default B*Men amazingly cheap

I went to my local TJ Maxx today and guess what I found. B*men 3.4 metal flasks for... not 34.99 but a shocking 24.99. I picked one up right quick and I don't even know how it smells. I could care less at that price! There were a few bottles left in perfect condition inside those plastic containers so I would recommend people to go grab them quickly if they are discontinuing.

Default Re: B*Men amazingly cheap

I don't even think I've seen a single TJ Maxx out here in Colorado. That is an amazing price and something I've wanted to buy for a while.

LiveJazz, you know where there is one around here?

Marshalls is owned by the same company as TJ Maxx... if there's not one in your area, there's probably the other. (We have both in our area.) As for other sources of cheap B*Men, Scentiments has a 3.4 oz tester for $31.99.

Get it while you can... Thierry Mugler is officially discontinuing this one!
    Last edited by MFfan310; 4th June 2007 at 11:56 PM.
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

I also have it for sale; check out my thread and PM me.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

got it 2 months earlier for 34...
    argh 24!!??
    wishlist:
    Chanel - Cuire de Ruissie and Eau de Cologne
    Penhaligons - Quercus, Castille, and Raquets
    Dior -Eau Noire, Dior Homme Cologne, Dior Homme Intense, and Dior Sweet Sun
    Frédéric Malle - Angelique sous la pluie and Eau d'Hiver
    L'Artisan - l'eau de l'artisan and bois farine
    Hermès - Elixir des Merveilles, Jardin sur Nil, and Hermessence Confret.

okay..so you are going to spend 25 dollars on a blind buy, regardless of a good deal, rather than use that 25 on a fragrance you know you like/sampled?

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    okay..so you are going to spend 25 dollars on a blind buy, regardless of a good deal, rather than use that 25 on a fragrance you know you like/sampled?
    Sure why not. If you don't like it I'm sure someone else on the board would be willing to buy it or swap something for it. I consider cheap blind buys pretty low risk consdering the swap/sell boards here.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

I gotta go search my TJ Maxx and Marshalls now! Hope I see some!

I definitely want to check out B*men. But if I go to TJMaxx or Marshall's, it's gonna be brick and mortar, not online, and with cash. If you haven't heard about their parent company's internet security credit-card-hacking huge nightmare, you may want to read up on it.

Cheers, Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Cognoscento View Post
    I definitely want to check out B*men. But if I go to TJMaxx or Marshall's, it's gonna be brick and mortar, not online, and with cash. If you haven't heard about their parent company's internet security credit-card-hacking huge nightmare, you may want to read up on it.

Cheers, Dave
    Actually, TJX corporation doesn't sell anything online, it's all brick-and-mortar. The credit card fiasco dealt with credit card purchases made *in* the stores, where the numbers were stored on a corporate server.

Last edited by LiveJazz; 5th June 2007 at 08:21 AM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

i actually saw that at a marshalls here too.. even had the box in my hand, then made myself put it down. after reading up on it here, i might have to go back to snoop around for more
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Any Basenoters in Fairfax? Went to TJMaxx and the lady said they had 3 bottle that morning. They were all gone when I got there at around 5:30. She said she remembered because it has a rubbery bottle and she had never seen it before. I'll keep checking, hopefully they will get more.

Quote Originally Posted by steve_t View Post
    Any Basenoters in Fairfax? Went to TJMaxx and the lady said they had 3 bottle that morning. They were all gone when I got there at around 5:30. She said she remembered because it has a rubbery bottle and she had never seen it before. I'll keep checking, hopefully they will get more.
    I live in Leesburg, I used to go to the TJ Maxx in Fairfax a lot. I go to the one in Sterling and saw a few of the 1.7 oz bottles for $24.99 last time I was there. A few months ago they had the 3.4 oz bottles for 29.99, but those are all gone now.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

100ML for $35+ tax here ($38 total) (Rt17 Northern NJ TJ Maxx.. about 7 bottles left.)

I figured if I had a member buy it for 24 and ship it, and finder/favor fee it would be about the same, and he said they *just* got it in.

still a good price, I feel, though it's hard not to feel that way perhaps, when buying creeds, lutens and the like

B*Men is amazingly weird in a bad way, imo.
    Last edited by G Man; 7th June 2007 at 12:56 AM.

got the last one at Ross.. $24.99
    Actually hadn't smelled it before.. I can detect little bits and pieces of A*men in it but it's been "mainstreamed" a bit. A little spicier, a little sharper. I do like it but am not completely surprised like I was with A*men. Right price though
    Last edited by jrd4t; 7th June 2007 at 03:50 AM.

I saw this a couple of days ago and was shocked.
    Gary

Yea, I tried it for the first time today. I can sense the A*Men but not too much (thank god). I still havn't made a final judgment though... I'll give it another week or so worth of testing.

I'm actually have A*men on one arm and B*men on the other right now. I'm finding that B*men smells really nice but if you are comparing it to A*men, you miss the great qualities of A. If you take yourself away and think of it by itself, it's a nice, quality scent. I'm still not writing home about it.. somewhat generically pleasant. I'll wear it tomorrow to work and know a little better how i feel about it. I'm actually quite surprised this won a basenotes award... just seems "pretty good" to me.