Code of Conduct

Default Bvlgari / Bvlgari Extreme

I have recently had a craving for both of these PH fragrances. I like both of them, very clean, fresh and simple and not too outlandish.

I have a small decant of PH (which is fast running out) and a 50 ml of PH Extreme, but I have yet to make a really good side-by-side comparison.

Any opinions on these two? I think they are quite similar, (which doesn't worry me) but if there is a difference, where exactly is it?

QE

Default Re: Bvlgari / Bvlgari Extreme

To me, PH has a smokier finish, whereas the Extrême version is a bit fresher.
    I favour the Extrême version of this scent as well as Bvlgari's Eau Parfumée Eu Thé Vert Extrême.

The "official" difference is in the concentration of perfume oil, however with my body chemistry the 2 PH versions are poles apart.
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 6th June 2007 at 08:27 AM.

Thrax

Like Dimitri said the only difference is that the "extreme" version is a bit fresher. I have always loved Bulgari PH. My mother got me the "extreme" version a while back as a gift. I dont wear it much because I see no reason to try to improve on something that was perfect to begin with.

The Extreme seems more citrusy and perrery. That's the one I wear althopugh I use the regular bath products with it since there are none for Extreme.

Hi QuietEarth. I was just about to post this myself as I'm running out of my 1 ouncer of the PH and am wondering if I should try the Extreme next. I take it that the small difference doesn't warrant owning both?

I am wearing Extreme and I have both scents. I prefer Extreme as it's stronger and freshier as other posters said.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Quote Originally Posted by NuScent View Post
    Hi QuietEarth. I was just about to post this myself as I'm running out of my 1 ouncer of the PH and am wondering if I should try the Extreme next. I take it that the small difference doesn't warrant owning both?
    NuScent, I say try them both. Hell, own them all! As far as I can tell, they do smell different, but both are fairly subtle, which is what I like. One of my next purchases will be the original PH. I think it compliments the extreme version fairly well. Do the body products actually add to the whole experience, or are they just making more money from them?

By the way, I tried that Parfumee au the Vert Extreme the other day. It's quite fresh and grassy, perhaps the most "masculine" of "feminine" scents (if that makes any sense!) I've tried.

Any thoughts on this one while you're here?

QE

Quote Originally Posted by QuietEarth View Post
    NuScent, I say try them both. Hell, own them all! As far as I can tell, they do smell different, but both are fairly subtle, which is what I like. One of my next purchases will be the original PH. I think it compliments the extreme version fairly well. Do the body products actually add to the whole experience, or are they just making more money from them?

By the way, I tried that Parfumee au the Vert Extreme the other day. It's quite fresh and grassy, perhaps the most "masculine" of "feminine" scents (if that makes any sense!) I've tried.

Any thoughts on this one while you're here?

QE
    Not addressed to me, so ignore my post if you would like.

I have Extreme and love it. But, I actually like Parfumee au the Vert Extreme more; it is fresher than Extreme and somehow smells more natural. I almost bought it instead when I was getting my Extreme, if it was not for its price which was twice as much as Extreme. It is good, but not twice as good.

extreme is my "hey its daytime and i dont know what to wear scent"
    not terribly exciting but hard to fault... think its appropriate for the office...
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

Does the extreme last longer? Because PH only lasts 2-3 hours tops on me.

I don't recommend Bvlgari pour Homme Extrême, if you can have the original pour Homme. I find the regular version to be more elegant. The Extrême always makes me sneeze...

To my nose the Extreme version = the original plus extra grapefruit.

Unfortunately this grapefruit kills the delicious tea notes in the original so stay away from the Extreme! If you want grapefruit there are 100.000 of other scents to choose.

Mic.

The original is way better a scent. The lingering, ethereal notes which make it so unique and artistic, are missing a great part from the Extreme version.
    If it doesn't last long, you may apply generously - it will never get cloying, you can't overapply it.