Code of Conduct

Thread: real or fake??

Question real or fake??

a friend of mine bought a "creed" silver mountain water on ebay.
    I took pics of my box from my Creed virgin island water and the so called "creed" i also got pics of the sprayers that look nothing alike i figured a company like creed they would have the same kind of nozzles, boxes and stuff.

she has contacted the seller and he says it's real but if she has proof it's fake (with the pics i took especially and maybe if any of you have a box for silver mountain water and you could send it to me) she'd be able to get her money back.

she bought it for her grandpa or dad or someone for father's day she's never smelled it before. She just thought it would make a nice gift.
    thanks in advance

Default Re: real or fake??

I think that flaking paint + bent sprayer + cheap cap probably = fake

Mike

PS - If you search the Basenotes threads you'll find much info on this issue...take care

I have hear of those with the Arabic writing to be real. The chipping of the paint on the bottle can happen to any bottle through not caring for it. It might have been tampered with but it looks real to me. I'm no expert though.

It looks fake.
    Last edited by Maz24; 6th June 2007 at 10:21 PM.

Talking Re: real or fake??

It screams fake.it actually has fake written all over it,how can I tell?
    Well check my thread-
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=188502
    I can tell exactly why it is fake,that insert paper with Olivier Creeds pic, looks visibly thinner and of poorer quality,exactly as the one on the GIT that I bought a year ago or so.
    Only arabic insert and again the quality of paper looks visibly poorer and thinner.
    The Box is made as well from low quality paper,again thinner than on the authentic ones,the bottle is dead clear that is a fake,The Creed writing looks a bit chipped,is not very well polished,the sparyer cap is not equal in size as with the original ones,the cap is not of the same quality,as in no interior plastic fitted,etc.
    I can't go on about this.
    It is definately a fake.
    Do what I did,send it back without any questioning,without any pics,just tell the seller with confidence that it's a fake,no arguing or messing about,if the seller does not want to refund you the money then get them back through PayPal,that's what I did.
    Got my money back straight away,from Paypal,they took the money out of the seller's account,whom no longer is registered with ebay.
    I got a SL instead,as far as I can remember.))))))))))

Oh and more tip,perhaps the most valuable,
    Not sure but I think that all the fake Creeds come in 120 ml 4.2 fl oz sizes.so it's pretty simple! stear away from 4.2 fl oz bottles of Creed,simple as that!
    Yours it's a fake mate.

Quote Originally Posted by marcos_xs View Post
    It screams fake.it actually has fake written all over it,how can I tell?
    Well check my thread-
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=188502
    I can tell exactly why it is fake,that insert paper with Olivier Creeds pic, looks visibly thinner and of poorer quality,exactly as the one on the GIT that I bought a year ago or so.
    Only arabic insert and again the quality of paper looks visibly poorer and thinner.
    The Box is made as well from low quality paper,again thinner than on the authentic ones,the bottle is dead clear that is a fake,The Creed writing looks a bit chipped,is not very well polished,the sparyer cap is not equal in size as with the original ones,the cap is not of the same quality,as in no interior plastic fitted,etc.
    I can't go on about this.
    It is definately a fake.
    Do what I did,send it back without any questioning,without any pics,just tell the seller with confidence that it's a fake,no arguing or messing about,if the seller does not want to refund you the money then get them back through PayPal,that's what I did.
    Got my money back straight away,from Paypal,they took the money out of the seller's account,whom no longer is registered with ebay.
    I got a SL instead,as far as I can remember.))))))))))

Oh and more tip,perhaps the most valuable,
    Not sure but I think that all the fake Creeds come in 120 ml 4.2 fl oz sizes.so it's pretty simple! stear away from 4.2 fl oz bottles of Creed,simple as that!
    Yours it's a fake mate.
    thanks so much. I know she contacted the seller b4 and he said it was real so she will have to contact him again about this issue

Yes there are real Creed's with Arabic writing on the insert.. and the paint can wear off (my real SMW has some spots on the bottom that have rubbed). Same with the box.. they didn't always have the high relief insignia all over the packaging like they currently do. The biggest giveaway on this one is the cap (tampered nozzle, etc notwithstanding). The silver coating is all over the place on this one and the insert inside the cap is white. It should be a middle gray with three convex indentions to create friction for the nozzle.

Good luck with the shady seller!
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!