Code of Conduct

Question A Watery Tabarome from Scented Monkey

I spritzed my newly arrived Tabarome on this morning and it really lacked the ginger opening. It didn't seem to last long either. I went into BG and gave myself a spray and their tester was much stronger than mine. There is a date stamp on the back of the Creed box of 2002. Could it have gone bad in that time? I've had much luck in the past with Scented Monkey. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Default Re: A Watery Tabarome from Scented Monkey

Bottled over 5 years ago, and stored/shipped in unknown conditions - prime example of why Creed in the grey market is almost just as unpredictable as Creed on Ebay. None of the favorite (read "cheaper than retail") online sites claim that their versions are "fresh". If anything at all, they only claim that their stock is the real thing (which in your case, is most likely true).

I, myself, almost acquired 3 16.7oz of MI from an online retailer, but resisted due to this "roll of the dice"-nature of online purchases.

I'm not sure what their return policy is, but it may, in fact, be worthwhile to pursue/investigate in your particular situation. For example, if they claim a 20% restocking fee, it still may be a good deal (who wants any Creed that has lost critical notes?).

Good luck and keep us informed of your decision and possible interaction w/ this retailer.
    Scents are fleeting . . . memories are not. . . .

Exclamation Re: A Watery Tabarome from Scented Monkey

Thanks for your insights. I called them and they told me to return it. I did ask what they intended to do about it and they weren't very clear about their policies. The bottle was just shy of being full, which also annoyed me. It did have all of its packaging in tact.

Default Re: A Watery Tabarome from Scented Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    Thanks for your insights. I called them and they told me to return it. I did ask what they intended to do about it and they weren't very clear about their policies. The bottle was just shy of being full, which also annoyed me. It did have all of its packaging in tact.
    I've bought bottles from several sites, and some of them have leaked (big time). I ordered 2 FdB from one site, and about 50ml was missing from one of the bottles. I believe that in this particular case, it most likely leaked prior to the shipment to me, for I would've noticed the "moisture" in the packaging. You know, maybe that chinese cargo ship coming from the "Port of Dubai" hit some major waves on it's way over to the continent!

It's just the nature of the packaging itself, a small piece of leather tied down with a cheap piece of gold-coloured string, holding a glass stopper down on a glass bottle - now that's just trouble in the asking.

I always suggest that you email first, for any response to it will result in "documentation" that you may need to furnish to your cc company as some sort of proof (if the situation turns ugly).

Did you ask for an exchange or a credit/refund?

Good Luck and keep us informed as to how your transaction turns out.
    Last edited by zeram1; 8th June 2007 at 05:22 AM. Reason: More suggestions
    Scents are fleeting . . . memories are not. . . .