Code of Conduct

Default Allure Sport cologne sport= weak Light Blue for women

i know this was rather short, but i'm pressed for time:

I tested Allure cologne sport today (the new one in the clear bottle, 5 oz) and it smelt great. Infact, it still does, 2 hours after application..HOWEVER, it reminded me of Light blue for women...but weaker... Smelt fruity/citrus, then kinda fades.

in other words, even if Light Blue is for women, I would much rather spend my money on that, since they are so identical, my girlfriend thought i had sprayed Light Blue as well (which she owns). Light Blue goes stronger for longer.

conclusion: allure cologne sport is nice, but if you want power and longevity, might as well give Light Blue for women a try, they are very similar.

Default Re: Allure Sport cologne sport= weak Light Blue for women

To my nose Chanel allure sport Cologne sport smells of 'orange peel'.

I dont get too much lemon in it. For me the dominant note is 'Orange' and its really fresh. Very uplifting for that brief moment when you spray it.
    Then ofcourse it fades into oblivion like most aquatics. I wish it lasted longer.

Light Blue for women is more 'lemony' (no oranges for me in there) and the longevity is far superior.

IMO they are different aquatic scents.

gupts
    Last edited by gupts; 8th June 2007 at 04:35 AM.

mm,... to my nose,. is hard to find similarities with light blue and allure cologne sport,.... i like both,. but i think they are in diferent families.. what i really love in Light blue is the musky/cedar note and is very strong..... cologne sport doesnt share those notes...

are there any better fresh scents? how about signoricci? does signoricci have a 2005 version?
    and which one is nicer between Allure Homme(1999) and The new cologne?
    Last edited by farshad; 8th June 2007 at 06:41 AM.

I can't see any similarity. There is obvious vetiver note in Allure Sport Cologne lacking in Light Blue for women.

Quote Originally Posted by farshad View Post
    are there any better fresh scents? how about signoricci? does signoricci have a 2005 version?
    and which one is nicer between Allure Homme(1999) and The new cologne?
    ????????????

I don't see a lot of similarities between LB ans ASCS.

The open with different notes (LB is slightly sweeter,with more fruits and ASCS is much more citrusy, way sharper) and the drydown is vastly different as well.

LB is waxier, muskier (white musk) and ASCS remains rather fresh but turns spicier and more cedar-like on the base.

Agree on the longevity though (LB has a better one than ASCS)

Both have cedar woods and white musk and a fresh opening so maybe that's what makes them seem similar, but it's easy to distinguish between the two.

I will be vying for Allure Cologne Sport for Father's Day. Super nice, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I will be vying for Allure Cologne Sport for Father's Day. Super nice, IMHO.
    im going to buy a bottle of this new cologne for summer , is it really nice? better than Allure Homme(1999)?

Quote Originally Posted by farshad View Post
    im going to buy a bottle of this new cologne for summer , is it really nice? better than Allure Homme(1999)?
    Yes, it's a nice summer fragrance. It doesn't smell like Allure Homme at all. I cannot tell you which one is better, since they belong to different olfactory families.

I like this fragrance, alot of citrus. But.........on me it didn't last very long at all so didn't buy it.

I then tried the original Allure Sport, and I think I actually prefer the original (metal bottle).

Go figure.
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Quote Originally Posted by breeze11 View Post
    Yes, it's a nice summer fragrance. It doesn't smell like Allure Homme at all. I cannot tell you which one is better, since they belong to different olfactory families.
    thank
    is ther any better choice for a summer scent?

cologne sport is a nice floral/citrus ... but i think longevity is not the best .... im gonna try it tomorrow to confirm this... btw , i wonder if the regular allure sport will be in stores normally ... or will be discontinued ...... ?