Code of Conduct

Default Father's Day 2007: What was/is on your shopping list?

For those of use who are/were shopping for fragrances for our fathers, I am curious to know which scents everyone was considering. My dad prefers aromatics and I am challenged in selecting them due to my overwhelming passion/obsession with oriental fragrances. However, I was able to find a few I thought he might like:

Creed: Millesime Imperial
    Creed: Green Irish Tweed
    Acqua di Biella: Barusch
    Jack Black: Blue Mark
    Montale: Fougeres Marines
    L'Artisan: Navegar

I am grateful that my father is alive and well. He is one of my best friends and he's receiving a well deserved bottle of Creed Millesime Imperial this year. Each time I've worn it in his presence, he's made comments about how much he likes it. Bonus: mom loves it too.

Default Re: Father's Day 2007: What was/is on your shopping list?

My Dad was my Best Man at my wedding - he was, simply, the best man I ever knew. If he were still alive, I'd be giving him a bottle of Bois du Portugal, and I'm pretty sure he'd like it as much as I do.

Enjoy your time with your Dad. It's hard to go wrong with a Creed fragrance you already know he and your Mom like.

Happy Father's Day to all of the Basenotes fathers !!!

Smile Re: Father's Day 2007: What was/is on your shopping list?

Good Choice TricsMan!!

I borrowed my Dad's bottle. Compliment City. Let's say.

Dad used to wear Old Spice from time to time. He doesn't 'get' fragrances (or fine wine, or fine whiskey, or electronics). Seeing as how he's retired and his hobbies don't last but about 6 weeks max, I think he's getting a phone call and well wishes. (filial duty has already provided room and board when my folks came through on the way to my little brother's new house last month)

Blog Entries

My dad's birthday was last month, & I got him a gift set of Burberry Brit. He loved it when he smelled it on me on a visit, & I got him a bottle of it this past Christmas, & he was already out! I don't know what I'll get him for Pappy's Day yet.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia