Code of Conduct

Question Three blind buys

I've just ordered bottles of

Gucci PH
    Very Valentino
    Lanvin L'Homme

I just had an urge to get a few bottles, and they were at a good price. How do you think these will fair as blind buys?

I'll give one to my dad for father's day next Sunday. He's 56, an I'll probably just give him the one I like least!

I often wonder about the psychology of blind buys - I suppose it's all part of the fun and excitement of this wonderful hobby!

Default Re: Three blind buys

I love GpH.. the woody warmth in it is spectacular. Along the same lines as Tommy Bahama for me. Have tried the other two though.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    I love GpH.. the woody warmth in it is spectacular. Along the same lines as Tommy Bahama for me. Have tried the other two though.
    It's that "woody warmth" present in CdG Sequoia that I love so much, and I was hoping for in Gucci PH.

Quote Originally Posted by calexs View Post
    I often wonder about the psychology of blind buys - I suppose it's all part of the fun and excitement of this wonderful hobby!
    This is very correct, no doubt about that. I love blind buys, despite the numerous disapointments.

Btw, I like Gucci PH very much. Lanvin is the one I have not experienced, but Very Valentino sucks imho - It is way too weak, short lasting and overall very unimpressive. Useless stuff.

Keep the Gucci for yourself; please your father with the excellent Lanvin( i am 52,and its an allrounder for me;always very nice to wear !)And the Very Valentino..........well,wrong blind buy I guess.......At least you bought two great scents!

Lanvin is a crisp, clean office scent, you won't regret.
    The whole Gucci line is out of my interest, I wouldn't give a dollar/euro for any of them - but that's just me.
    Once I had a bottle of Valentino, it had seemed to be a good idea to have it - alas it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    I don't get a warmth at all from this one but I love the woods. It is one of my favorites and you will like it if you like dry, woody notes. It smells like pencil shavings, church incense, and mildly smokey forest timber.

The others I am not sure about but the Gucci is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by sniff View Post
    the excellent Lanvin( i am 52,and its an allrounder for me;always very nice to wear !)
    Lanvin is a very nice scent - "warm & fresh" as described in one of the BN reviews. It lasts a long time on me and I wear it in a variety of situations. You'll have a hard time finding someone who doesn't like it. You might want to keep it for yourself!

Best regards,

Mike

Smile Re: Three blind buys

I have confidence in the Lanvin and Gucci PH (i have a shower gel sachet and love it, but have never tried the fragrance itself), but the Very Valentino could turn out to be a mistake from what ive read so far - no worries though, that's part of the blind buy fun, and who knows i may love it.

I got them all cheap though so it's not a disaster if i find one of them unsatisfying - Very Valentino could turn out to be the father's day gift after all!

Fleur du Male was nowhere to be seen in my area at one point, and because of all the controversy here in the forum and blogs, I ordered it online blind, received it and I love it to death!

I've no problems buying anything unsniffed if the price or the notes sound right. My rate of satisfaction is probably 3 out of 4 from my blind buys.

Best thing going is actually swapping with fellow B-Noters for scents unsniffed!

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!