Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lampe Berger

Default Lampe Berger

I'd like to start a discussion about these 'lamps'. I just bought one and some fragrance. What are you favorite fragrances, etc.? What are your experiences with this?

Default Re: Lampe Berger

I have owned a Lampe Berger for years and I love it! I am very partial to sweet pear and Winterwood scents right now.

How about some quick and easy reviews of the ones you've tried? I'd like to get an idea of how they smell.

Quote Originally Posted by Borky View Post
    How about some quick and easy reviews of the ones you've tried? I'd like to get an idea of how they smell.
    I will try my best. My memory is not so great about some of the fragrances I have had over the 4 years I have owned my lamp but I will try to tell you about the most recent ones.

Sylla ( a Signature fragrance) I love this one. I need more now that I am thinking about it. It is a lush floral. Lots of rose if I remember correctly.

Creme Brule-Sweet,Syrupy carmel. I really like this one for fall just because I prefer sweet scents in the fall.

Royal Jasmine- I don't remember much about this one except the rest of the family hated it but I love anything Jasmine and I enjoyed the very brief encounter with it.

Charleston- I loved this one. Warm, spicey, woody.

Green Apple- I really like this because it is very fresh smelling. I love for my house to smell like fresh apples.

Ocean Breeze- I don't remember mush about this one but I used a whole bottle. It was fresh smelling but with a hint of wood to it.

Honeysuckle- I loved this one. It just smells like spring to me. Reminds me of the wild honeysuckle that blooms behind my house in may.

I hope this helps a liittle I will be interested to hear what ou end up liing.

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio
    Last edited by nyneve; 11th June 2007 at 08:42 PM.
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio

My best
    Sous les figuiers
    Thé vert
    Aoud
    But, because they are strong, I mix 50/50 with Neutre Berger
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

Blog Entries

I've tried Charleston and it was great. A nice blend of cinnamon related spices.

For less expensive oils (and lamps) I've used 'Janabelles Island Boutique' on the web. The single scents were disappointing but the perfume named blends are quite nice. I like: Obsession, Tommy Girl, Opium and Coco.
    I'd stay away from 'Fracas' which smelled like burnt sugar.

Eventually the stone will clog and you'll need a new one, so get a spare or two.
    Last edited by kumquat; 11th June 2007 at 07:41 PM. Reason: spelling

The place I ordered from, maisonbouquet apparently offers 1oz samples for $5 ($7 for signature) of all the scents if you call them. I got Lily of the valley for my starter lamp so I'll report back on that.

Nyneve, what are those from? I don't see them as part of the Lampe Berger collection.

Aaah, glad to have this thread back. I got a Lampe Berger during the e-board days but couldn't remember the reviews on here.

I'll post my thoughts on the ones I've tried soon.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Thanks to this thread I've become an addict.

Starter frag (from Heroes and Legacies http://www.heroeslampeberger.com/lamps/fragrances.asp) was New Orleans: here's their blurb: New Orleans (house frgrance) This mystical favorite is said to be calming and sensual. The subtle blend of Apples and Cinnamon is sure to please. Blends well with Sweet Pear, Vanilla, Tangerine and Exotique

I get more apples than cinnamon but it's pretty.

--------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    ...For less expensive oils (and lamps) I've used 'Janabelles Island Boutique' on the web. The single scents were disappointing but the perfume named blends are quite nice....Eventually the stone will clog and you'll need a new one, so get a spare or two.
    Thanks so much for this source and the added info about the stone.

Janabelles also suggested you pour only as much oil as you intend to burn in a single session - they claim this helps prevent clogging. Good to know 'cause I was filling mine to two thirds each time then snuffing as recommended in the Lampe Bergere literature.

Read somewhere that newer technology permits you to fill the lamps full - although, considering the preceding - maybe that's not such a good thing!!
    Last edited by TaoLady; 11th August 2007 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

I'm very very interested in Lampe Berger the last weeks. Those fancy lamps can get extremely expensive, but I think the normal see-through basic version would suite me fine.

I was lucky to find a german site selling perfume samples of all fragrances for Lampe Berger.
    I ordered 19 of those that I thought will do it for me. In some I'm just not interested, such as sweet pear or green apple. Of all the ordered there are three that are totally worth it IMHO:

Sous le Figuier: smells like Diptyques Philosykos to me, green figs with leaves, strong and longlasting, I like it second best of all, preferable in summertime - during the day.

Cèdre du Liban: awesome cedarwood fragrance! I like cedar a lot as a pure essential oil, this is not quite like the real deal, more a cedarwood concoction IMHO, but nevertheless together with Sous le Figuier the second best offer from Lampe Berger.

Pussière d'Ambre: solid Amber fragrance, think of Ambre Extreme by L'Artisan Parfumeur or even Ambre Sultan by Serge Lutens, this is by far their best offering for me. Preferable in wintertime, but I wouldn't mind using it in summer. It's warm, masculine and sexy as well.

Good, but not great: Bois d'Orient, Crème Brulée, Fèlicitè du bois de oud, Hymne au Chocolat, Ecorce de Cannelle, Vanille des Iles, Coer de Pamplemousse, Herbes Folles, Mer d'Iroise, Vent d'Ocean, Souffle de Chypre, Coer de Pamplemousse, Orange de Canelle, Sacha, Ystre
    Last edited by dr.creed; 23rd September 2007 at 03:46 PM.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

New fragrances from Lampe Berger available in late october this year:

Sensation cuir (Pure leather) and Au coin de feu (By the fireside)

Hopefully there are testers available in the near future, but these two sound very interesting.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Smile Re: Lampe Berger

Grüße nach Österreich aus DE,
    Du hast völlig recht mit Deiner Einschätzung der Düfte.
    Aber bei mir ist YSTRE (selbe wie Muglers Angel) und Amber der Hit.
    Ich warte nur auf den Tag, aber bestimmt vergebens, das der A*Men Duft rauskommt.

LG

Tino

Question Re: Lampe Berger

Oh, man, another thing to spend my money on!!! After trolling online a bit, I'd like to know if the "other" brands of lamp are as good as the brand name Lampe Berger. Anybody with any experience with this? Looks like there are some pretty ones with lower price tags...
    and Christmas is coming. Thanks.

I don't recommend the other brands of juice at least. I tried a Scentier fragrance in my Lampe Berger and it clogged the stone. I'd stick with the original if I were you. You can get a standard Lampe Berger pretty reasonably

Guess I'll have to save my money for the Limoges one with hummingbirds!
    By the way, do these lamps throw more fragrance than the oil thingies you heat with
    a votive candle? The kind you can buy cheaply at BBW?

On MUA is a post concerning making your own Lampe Berger fragrance.
    All you need is Isopropyl alcohol with 91%. For 1000ml you need to mix it with 10ml essential oil of your choice or 500ml and 5ml EO and so on.
    The Lampe Berger "Neutre" is yes, exactly: 90% Isopropyl alcohol
    The only disadvantage is I asked at my local drugstore to mix me Isopropyl alcohol with 91% and they ask way more than Neutre from Lampe Berger costs. Oh well ....
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Quote Originally Posted by vezerne View Post
    Guess I'll have to save my money for the Limoges one with hummingbirds!
    By the way, do these lamps throw more fragrance than the oil thingies you heat with
    a votive candle? The kind you can buy cheaply at BBW?
    Oh yes, potent as can be. Some of them are so powerful you'll have to put the cap back on after 20 minutes.

I'm very curious about these Lampes Bergeres - how exactly do they work? Is there a live flame?

Some of the claims, also, that they disinfect the air - can this be true? I'd really appreciate hearing from some of you that use them. I should say that I'm not a "scented house" kind of guy - but sometimes if I'm cooking the smell of food lingering after the initial evening isn't entirely welcome. I've been using Williams and Sonoma scented candles, which are nice enough, but they don't always do the trick. I live in quite an airless condo and even with the windows wide open, I don't get a cross-breeze to clear any air.

heart of ice

How long does a bottle of the fragrance oil usually last?
    I've trademarked the color bleu

We use ours every day or every second day and since it's suggested to use for 20 minutes at a time (sufficiently disinfects the air in this time), a small bottle lasts us over a month. It's more effective than any other air purifier that we've tried to date and it more cost effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakerloo Line View Post
    I'm very curious about these Lampes Bergeres - how exactly do they work? Is there a live flame?

Some of the claims, also, that they disinfect the air - can this be true? I'd really appreciate hearing from some of you that use them. I should say that I'm not a "scented house" kind of guy - but sometimes if I'm cooking the smell of food lingering after the initial evening isn't entirely welcome. I've been using Williams and Sonoma scented candles, which are nice enough, but they don't always do the trick. I live in quite an airless condo and even with the windows wide open, I don't get a cross-breeze to clear any air.

It's a catalytic burner so it does not have a live flame once it's going (though it remains hot as it burns until the cap is put on). Yes it does disinfect air because it is a catalytic burner and if you want no scent or a light scent, you can mix whichever fragrance with the neutral or use the neutral by itself.

Just got me the latest Lampe Berger offerings as perfume samples: Sensation Cuir, Au coin de feu and Splendeur du Népal:

Sensation Cuir is amazing, superb leather, will buy a bottle in the near future,
    Au coin de feu doesn't work for me, it's very sweet and just says blah to me,
    Splendeur du Népal is a tropical concoction in the beginning, then turns all the way to coconut.
    Last edited by dr.creed; 24th July 2009 at 09:00 AM.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

I just went back to read through this thread because I have been using the old lamp berger everyday because my husband bought a whole case of oils ( he also uses a lamp in his workplace....he owns the business so i guess he can)

I was sooooo sad to find out one of my favorites Exotique was discontinued as was the Violet. Anyone tried any of the new fragrances? I will definatey need to find a replacement for my favorites.

I have three of these throughout the house. Orleans and Charleston are great in spring. Overall my favorites are Winterwood and Fireside II. There is a mixture that is custom blended at my local store called Schnudel & Marie that I can't get enough of either.

Scott

i couldn't stomach whatever lampe berger uses as a base in those oils--it made me feel queasy
    made enough money to buy miami but i pissed it away so fast (jimmy buffett) on perfume (my daughter's addition)

Two new scents out by Lampe Berger: Caresse de Coton (Cotton Dream) and Reveries d'Absinthe (Absinthe Daydream)
    Has anybody tried these already. I'm quite curious ....
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

i have Cotton Dreams here, and the scent is not like clean cotton from YC, what i expected.
    it´s very similar to the jour de ?? Sea Mist Scent. The scent is very bad, its stinky like urinalcake.

The best lampe berger scent you can get is Ystre, same as Muglers Angel.

rgds
    MN
    Last edited by milanolover; 12th May 2008 at 09:55 PM.
    scent up your life!

Can you use different scents with the same "lamp" or do they get mixed up? If I want scent x today and scent y tomorrow, would it work with a single lamp?
    Last edited by irrbloss; 13th May 2008 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by irrbloss View Post
    Can you use different scents with the same "lamp" or do they get mixed up? If I want scent x today and scent y tomorrow, would it work with a single lamp?
    As far as I know it is not necessary to always fill the lamp, so if you know before that you want to change the scent tomorrow, just fill the lamp with the desired amount. I have no clue if the rest can be put back in the bottle again.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon