Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lampe Berger

Default Lampe Berger

I'd like to start a discussion about these 'lamps'. I just bought one and some fragrance. What are you favorite fragrances, etc.? What are your experiences with this?

Default Re: Lampe Berger

I have owned a Lampe Berger for years and I love it! I am very partial to sweet pear and Winterwood scents right now.

How about some quick and easy reviews of the ones you've tried? I'd like to get an idea of how they smell.

Quote Originally Posted by Borky View Post
    How about some quick and easy reviews of the ones you've tried? I'd like to get an idea of how they smell.
    I will try my best. My memory is not so great about some of the fragrances I have had over the 4 years I have owned my lamp but I will try to tell you about the most recent ones.

Sylla ( a Signature fragrance) I love this one. I need more now that I am thinking about it. It is a lush floral. Lots of rose if I remember correctly.

Creme Brule-Sweet,Syrupy carmel. I really like this one for fall just because I prefer sweet scents in the fall.

Royal Jasmine- I don't remember much about this one except the rest of the family hated it but I love anything Jasmine and I enjoyed the very brief encounter with it.

Charleston- I loved this one. Warm, spicey, woody.

Green Apple- I really like this because it is very fresh smelling. I love for my house to smell like fresh apples.

Ocean Breeze- I don't remember mush about this one but I used a whole bottle. It was fresh smelling but with a hint of wood to it.

Honeysuckle- I loved this one. It just smells like spring to me. Reminds me of the wild honeysuckle that blooms behind my house in may.

I hope this helps a liittle I will be interested to hear what ou end up liing.

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio
    Last edited by nyneve; 11th June 2007 at 08:42 PM.
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio

My best
    Sous les figuiers
    Thé vert
    Aoud
    But, because they are strong, I mix 50/50 with Neutre Berger
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

Blog Entries

I've tried Charleston and it was great. A nice blend of cinnamon related spices.

For less expensive oils (and lamps) I've used 'Janabelles Island Boutique' on the web. The single scents were disappointing but the perfume named blends are quite nice. I like: Obsession, Tommy Girl, Opium and Coco.
    I'd stay away from 'Fracas' which smelled like burnt sugar.

Eventually the stone will clog and you'll need a new one, so get a spare or two.
    Last edited by kumquat; 11th June 2007 at 07:41 PM. Reason: spelling

The place I ordered from, maisonbouquet apparently offers 1oz samples for $5 ($7 for signature) of all the scents if you call them. I got Lily of the valley for my starter lamp so I'll report back on that.

Nyneve, what are those from? I don't see them as part of the Lampe Berger collection.

Aaah, glad to have this thread back. I got a Lampe Berger during the e-board days but couldn't remember the reviews on here.

I'll post my thoughts on the ones I've tried soon.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Thanks to this thread I've become an addict.

Starter frag (from Heroes and Legacies http://www.heroeslampeberger.com/lamps/fragrances.asp) was New Orleans: here's their blurb: New Orleans (house frgrance) This mystical favorite is said to be calming and sensual. The subtle blend of Apples and Cinnamon is sure to please. Blends well with Sweet Pear, Vanilla, Tangerine and Exotique

I get more apples than cinnamon but it's pretty.

--------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    ...For less expensive oils (and lamps) I've used 'Janabelles Island Boutique' on the web. The single scents were disappointing but the perfume named blends are quite nice....Eventually the stone will clog and you'll need a new one, so get a spare or two.
    Thanks so much for this source and the added info about the stone.

Janabelles also suggested you pour only as much oil as you intend to burn in a single session - they claim this helps prevent clogging. Good to know 'cause I was filling mine to two thirds each time then snuffing as recommended in the Lampe Bergere literature.

Read somewhere that newer technology permits you to fill the lamps full - although, considering the preceding - maybe that's not such a good thing!!
    Last edited by TaoLady; 11th August 2007 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

I'm very very interested in Lampe Berger the last weeks. Those fancy lamps can get extremely expensive, but I think the normal see-through basic version would suite me fine.

I was lucky to find a german site selling perfume samples of all fragrances for Lampe Berger.
    I ordered 19 of those that I thought will do it for me. In some I'm just not interested, such as sweet pear or green apple. Of all the ordered there are three that are totally worth it IMHO:

Sous le Figuier: smells like Diptyques Philosykos to me, green figs with leaves, strong and longlasting, I like it second best of all, preferable in summertime - during the day.

Cèdre du Liban: awesome cedarwood fragrance! I like cedar a lot as a pure essential oil, this is not quite like the real deal, more a cedarwood concoction IMHO, but nevertheless together with Sous le Figuier the second best offer from Lampe Berger.

Pussière d'Ambre: solid Amber fragrance, think of Ambre Extreme by L'Artisan Parfumeur or even Ambre Sultan by Serge Lutens, this is by far their best offering for me. Preferable in wintertime, but I wouldn't mind using it in summer. It's warm, masculine and sexy as well.

Good, but not great: Bois d'Orient, Crème Brulée, Fèlicitè du bois de oud, Hymne au Chocolat, Ecorce de Cannelle, Vanille des Iles, Coer de Pamplemousse, Herbes Folles, Mer d'Iroise, Vent d'Ocean, Souffle de Chypre, Coer de Pamplemousse, Orange de Canelle, Sacha, Ystre
    Last edited by dr.creed; 23rd September 2007 at 03:46 PM.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

New fragrances from Lampe Berger available in late october this year:

Sensation cuir (Pure leather) and Au coin de feu (By the fireside)

Hopefully there are testers available in the near future, but these two sound very interesting.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Smile Re: Lampe Berger

Grüße nach Österreich aus DE,
    Du hast völlig recht mit Deiner Einschätzung der Düfte.
    Aber bei mir ist YSTRE (selbe wie Muglers Angel) und Amber der Hit.
    Ich warte nur auf den Tag, aber bestimmt vergebens, das der A*Men Duft rauskommt.

LG

Tino

Question Re: Lampe Berger

Oh, man, another thing to spend my money on!!! After trolling online a bit, I'd like to know if the "other" brands of lamp are as good as the brand name Lampe Berger. Anybody with any experience with this? Looks like there are some pretty ones with lower price tags...
    and Christmas is coming. Thanks.

I don't recommend the other brands of juice at least. I tried a Scentier fragrance in my Lampe Berger and it clogged the stone. I'd stick with the original if I were you. You can get a standard Lampe Berger pretty reasonably

Guess I'll have to save my money for the Limoges one with hummingbirds!
    By the way, do these lamps throw more fragrance than the oil thingies you heat with
    a votive candle? The kind you can buy cheaply at BBW?

On MUA is a post concerning making your own Lampe Berger fragrance.
    All you need is Isopropyl alcohol with 91%. For 1000ml you need to mix it with 10ml essential oil of your choice or 500ml and 5ml EO and so on.
    The Lampe Berger "Neutre" is yes, exactly: 90% Isopropyl alcohol
    The only disadvantage is I asked at my local drugstore to mix me Isopropyl alcohol with 91% and they ask way more than Neutre from Lampe Berger costs. Oh well ....
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Quote Originally Posted by vezerne View Post
    Guess I'll have to save my money for the Limoges one with hummingbirds!
    By the way, do these lamps throw more fragrance than the oil thingies you heat with
    a votive candle? The kind you can buy cheaply at BBW?
    Oh yes, potent as can be. Some of them are so powerful you'll have to put the cap back on after 20 minutes.

I'm very curious about these Lampes Bergeres - how exactly do they work? Is there a live flame?

Some of the claims, also, that they disinfect the air - can this be true? I'd really appreciate hearing from some of you that use them. I should say that I'm not a "scented house" kind of guy - but sometimes if I'm cooking the smell of food lingering after the initial evening isn't entirely welcome. I've been using Williams and Sonoma scented candles, which are nice enough, but they don't always do the trick. I live in quite an airless condo and even with the windows wide open, I don't get a cross-breeze to clear any air.

bleu autumn haze

How long does a bottle of the fragrance oil usually last?
    I've trademarked the color bleu

We use ours every day or every second day and since it's suggested to use for 20 minutes at a time (sufficiently disinfects the air in this time), a small bottle lasts us over a month. It's more effective than any other air purifier that we've tried to date and it more cost effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakerloo Line View Post
    I'm very curious about these Lampes Bergeres - how exactly do they work? Is there a live flame?

Some of the claims, also, that they disinfect the air - can this be true? I'd really appreciate hearing from some of you that use them. I should say that I'm not a "scented house" kind of guy - but sometimes if I'm cooking the smell of food lingering after the initial evening isn't entirely welcome. I've been using Williams and Sonoma scented candles, which are nice enough, but they don't always do the trick. I live in quite an airless condo and even with the windows wide open, I don't get a cross-breeze to clear any air.

It's a catalytic burner so it does not have a live flame once it's going (though it remains hot as it burns until the cap is put on). Yes it does disinfect air because it is a catalytic burner and if you want no scent or a light scent, you can mix whichever fragrance with the neutral or use the neutral by itself.

Just got me the latest Lampe Berger offerings as perfume samples: Sensation Cuir, Au coin de feu and Splendeur du Népal:

Sensation Cuir is amazing, superb leather, will buy a bottle in the near future,
    Au coin de feu doesn't work for me, it's very sweet and just says blah to me,
    Splendeur du Népal is a tropical concoction in the beginning, then turns all the way to coconut.
    Last edited by dr.creed; 24th July 2009 at 09:00 AM.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

I just went back to read through this thread because I have been using the old lamp berger everyday because my husband bought a whole case of oils ( he also uses a lamp in his workplace....he owns the business so i guess he can)

I was sooooo sad to find out one of my favorites Exotique was discontinued as was the Violet. Anyone tried any of the new fragrances? I will definatey need to find a replacement for my favorites.

I have three of these throughout the house. Orleans and Charleston are great in spring. Overall my favorites are Winterwood and Fireside II. There is a mixture that is custom blended at my local store called Schnudel & Marie that I can't get enough of either.

Scott

i couldn't stomach whatever lampe berger uses as a base in those oils--it made me feel queasy
    made enough money to buy miami but i pissed it away so fast (jimmy buffett) on perfume (my daughter's addition)

Two new scents out by Lampe Berger: Caresse de Coton (Cotton Dream) and Reveries d'Absinthe (Absinthe Daydream)
    Has anybody tried these already. I'm quite curious ....
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

i have Cotton Dreams here, and the scent is not like clean cotton from YC, what i expected.
    it´s very similar to the jour de ?? Sea Mist Scent. The scent is very bad, its stinky like urinalcake.

The best lampe berger scent you can get is Ystre, same as Muglers Angel.

rgds
    MN
    Last edited by milanolover; 12th May 2008 at 09:55 PM.
    scent up your life!

Can you use different scents with the same "lamp" or do they get mixed up? If I want scent x today and scent y tomorrow, would it work with a single lamp?
    Last edited by irrbloss; 13th May 2008 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by irrbloss View Post
    Can you use different scents with the same "lamp" or do they get mixed up? If I want scent x today and scent y tomorrow, would it work with a single lamp?
    As far as I know it is not necessary to always fill the lamp, so if you know before that you want to change the scent tomorrow, just fill the lamp with the desired amount. I have no clue if the rest can be put back in the bottle again.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

I have a la-tee-da lampe, bought my mom a redolere and my brother a petite jolie - all different brands of lampes that work in the same way, there are other brands out there as well, just depends what you are looking for design wise. I've ordered fuel & lampes from lampfuelsandmore.com and have to say katmandu and feng shui wood are two of my favorite scents. But more often I just mix my own, as someone above mentioned 90/91% alcohol mixed with scented oils. It's fun mixing my own, plus you can control how strong the fragrance is. Works great! You can also soak your stones in the alcohol anytime they seem to be getting clogged or won't heat properly and that takes care of the problem. sweetcakes.com has tons of great scented oils if anyone is ever looking, they are cosmetic grade and can be used for lotions & soaps as well as candles & burners.

I just decided to use mine. Haven't used it in awhile. I forgot what I had. I have New Orleans and Wild Peony ...........but I'm not sure that I like Wild Peony. I don't like too sweet.
    I forgot how long to let it flame.

How is the strength and longevity of the scents using a Lampe Berger compared to using a simple oil burner?

Quote Originally Posted by strifeknot View Post
    How is the strength and longevity of the scents using a Lampe Berger compared to using a simple oil burner?
    It's actually a completely different type of effect. First, to answer your question it can be QUITE strong if you use a strong fragrance in a space smaller than the Lampe is designed for!
    They actually work as a catalytic burner rather than just heating a perfumed oil like an oil burner. Where a oil lamp would heat the oil and produce a fragrance to fill the air, a Lampe Berger (or any catalytic burner), takes the air in the room and uses it to fuel the burning of the alcohol fuel in the stone burner and purifies it in the process. The scent is just a nice byproduct. They actually make unscented for both diluting fragrance as well as just using to get rid of ambient odors and mustiness.

So, while you are adding fragrance to a room (which tends to last a long time since it's really in the air), you are also removing odors you may not like in the room

AromiErotici

Default Lampe Berger

There was a thread in the fragrance forum the past few days discussing Berger Parfums Trianon Sous Bois home fragrance. It was also noted that finding out about the availability of this scent would be better suited in this forum with all the Home fragrance experts here instead of there.

I am intrigued by this fragrance, but am confused as to where to buy this in the US...if, in fact, it can be purchased here at all. Can anyone tell me more about where to purchase, cost,etc....

I think that I remember being told that in the US the name is Scentier. I think Lampe Berger products are only available in Europe. I have a Scentier burner, and they are the exact same thing. Maybe the fragrance is available in the scentier version.

Of course I could be wrong, SA's are known to lie when they do not have exactly what you want in stock

I don't know about availability in the USA, but Lampe Berger is easily available throughout Canada. But that is strictly the oil/catalytic burner system. I have not seen the spray home fragrance anywhere.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Blog Entries

There is a Lampe Berger thread here also, but it discusses more general things like effectiveness and the various scents available. Ooh, another LB thread ... I'm going to start wanting one all over again!

Also, if anyone has experience with catalytic fragrance lamps other than the LB brand, I'd appreciate hearing about it. I'd love something all gorgeous, hand-blown, hand-painted, faceted, bejeweled, blinged, and otherwise tricked out, but the LBs are a little pricey and I'd like to not spend so much on something if I'm not sure I'll love it.
    Last edited by Heartwood; 6th January 2009 at 06:21 PM.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

I adore 'Lampe Berger' and 'Lampe Berger type' lamps. I have been using them now for about 7 years. I own about a dozen full and mini size. I have purchased and gifted about two dozen.

I have purchased fuel and wicks online from Lampe Berger, Courtney's Candles, Maison Bouquet, and locally from (get this!) Hobby Lobby. I also mix my own fuels with 91% isopropyl and fragrance oils. Most everyone that comes into my home comments on how lovely it smells.

I highly recommend the purchase and frequent use of a catalytic burner lamp. There are some beautiful styles. Treat your house, yourself, your cohabitants, and your visitors to a lovely bottle for decor and home fragrancing.

US BN'rs follow this link to find a Lampe Berger near you. http://www.lampeberger.us/store. In your search for Lampe Berger you may stumble upon some other Lampes that are just as nice. I did. Howvever, I believe the LB wicks may be superior to the others I have used

I Love LB and LB type lamps as much as I love perfume, and I think anyone who has tries them will also love them. Happy Hunting!.
    Last edited by analavande; 6th January 2009 at 07:20 PM. Reason: grammar
    "Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel."

I have no idea about its availability in the USA. None of the sites that mention this are from the US, they are all from France. This is NOT one of the Lampe Berger fragrances, I think that Parfums Berger and Lampe Berger are two different and separate divisions of a larger company called Produits Berger. As such I don't think you will find this in a store that sells Lampe Berger fragrances, it is not an oil meant to be used in a lamp but a room spray.

I think your best bet would be to buy it from the online retailer based in France.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by surreality View Post
    I have no idea about its availability in the USA. None of the sites that mention this are from the US, they are all from France. This is NOT one of the Lampe Berger fragrances, I think that Parfums Berger and Lampe Berger are two different and separate divisions of a larger company called Produits Berger. As such I don't think you will find this in a store that sells Lampe Berger fragrances, it is not an oil meant to be used in a lamp but a room spray.

I think your best bet would be to buy it from the online retailer based in France.
    Thanks surreality. You are probably correct in that assumption.

Lampe Berger is available in the US and there are quite a few online retailers. I agree with Surreality, although there may be some online US retailers that carry the rooms spray.

I have a La-ti-da catalytic lamp which is like a mini Lampe Berger. I have made my own fragrances as described above, only I use lavender essential oil instead of fragrance oils. The Lampe Berger oils are pretty good, though, better than some Diptyque EDP's (sorry if this offends anybody).

I have a la-tee-da lamp too, it works great. I bought my mom a redolere one and my brother a mini petite jolie one. They are all different lamp brands and all work the same as lampe berger although most are more reasonably priced. I've bought fuel online as well as using the ones that came w/ the lamps. I often just make my own. Use 90 or 91% alcohol and a few drops of scented oil. You can use the alcohol alone if you don't want a scent. If your stone seems clogged, just soak it in alcohol for a couple of hours to get it burning hot again.

If you search online you can usually find something reasonably priced in a style you like, I've seen them on ebay as well. Just do a search for catalytic or effusion lamps. There are so many styles, it makes you want to buy a dozen of them, but one works just fine to scent the whole house.

I have found that certain fragrances (notably vanillas and ambers) tend to "clog" the stone. Many of the stones are two colors. When the lighter color starts to turn brown it's a good indicator it needs to be cleaned.
    I go about this by first letting the stone cool completely, then removing it and blotting it with a paper towel. I then submerge the whole thing in 91% rubbing alcohol and let it soak for 24 hours.
    If the stone is still discolored, I pour any leftover fragrance in the lamp back into the bottle and wash the lamp out with rubbing alcohol.
    I then fill it 1/4 full of the 91% rubbing alcohol and replace the wick and stone assembly. Let it sit for about 30 minutes with the cap on, then light it and allow the stone to burn a full 4 to 5 minutes to get it really red hot.
    Blow out the flame and let it burn a couple of hours at least...
    Cat

Great advice Cat! I've actually purchased a replacement stone in the past when they've gotten like that, not realizing you could clean them. My wallet thanks you

Have 3 scents (and 2 lamps) at home - all scents are so strong, that I dilute them 50%

Splendeur du Népal -Sandalwood & Cedar Oriental

Sénsation Cuir - Leather & Amber

just bought:

DIEGO - they claim "woodsy, with curls of Orange and Lavender highlighted with delicate spicy, leathery notes..." will so have an own opinion.

Sur la Plage

I am really enjoying Sensation Cuir.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

As a few people have stated before, I make my own scents to diffues in them (i have 2). The problem I sometimes incure is clogging. Thicker oils like sandalwood and patchouli are usually the ones that do it for me. If you run into this problem the easiest and fastest way to clean your stone is to heat it up with a torch lighter. Any torch will do, just heat your stone till it's white again, may take 2-3 minutes. When you are done, the stone is like new. For me, the easiest way to do this is to:
    1) put my wick into a paper towel and squeeze out any remaining alcohol
    2) place the wick into an empty lamp or glass soda bottle
    3) heat stone with torch until all oils and alcohol burn off (between 1-3 minutes)
    4) let wick and stone cool

Viola! Brand new wick!

p.s. Walmart sells 91% isopropyl alcohol for under 3$ and they also sell a few decent fragrance oils to mix in for under 2$. use the 10% dilution as mentioned earlier and if you do get clogged clean it with your torch and add a little more alcohol to your mixture.
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Red face Re: Lampe Berger

Hi I am new to basenotes and have just discovered Lampe Berger. I have an open plan lounge, so scents get diluted. Which fragrances are really strong?

Post Re: Lampe Berger

I am seriously looking to purchase one or more of these for my home.

However, I am curious about how large they are. Are they akin to say a 1/2 gallon of milk, or your standard large sized Yankee Candle, larger, smaller? Also, I hate to purchase (from the store I am finding them) 500mL of a fragrance at nearly $19 a bottle without knowing if I'll like it. There are a lot of really horrible smells out there and I don't want to pay $19/bottle to find one I like... The descriptions where I am shopping are wonderful... If the frag. really smells as they describe. Any help would be great!

Thank you all kindly in advance for your responses!

The size of the lamps can vary from equivalent size of medium jar of Yankee candle to large jars.

I love strong smells and I particularly like Jasmine and Orchid. However, if you like fresher smells I quite like the grapefruit. I also quite like orange blossom and musk. It is all down to taste. They can be really addictive and there is a wide selection of available lamps - I use the glass ones, so I can tell howmuch is left more easily.

At home I use combination of double wick Yankee candles and candles from the White company as well as lampe Berger.

Plus points on Lampe Beger is that the smell is almost instant and doesn't take long to freshen the room. It also has anti-bacterial properties. Smell lasts for few hours.

The down side is that you need to keep an eye for how long you are burning the scents as it can work out expensive if used extensively. I use this in the kitchen and in the mornings for 20 mins and put a limited amount in a jar and have this burning while I fall off to sleep - very soothing. I also use these to purify and scent the bedrooms in the evenings.

However, I do like the looking at flames - very comforting and like having scents all day long. So, in my lounge I have an electrical air purifier (Air Free) which comes on overnight to clean the air and then light candles during the day.

let me know how you get on.

Hope this helps.

Wink Re: Lampe Berger

Thank you that helps with parts of my curiosities... =) Other parts would be which scents to begin with...

If anyone is familiar with WoodWick candles... One I am particularly fond of is the scent "RedWood". Also, in the Yankee Candle arena... I very much like the scent "Tahitian Tiare Flower" which is discontinued. Just to give you some frame of reference when potentially assisting me with a scent selection...

The site where I am researching the Lampe Berger has the following attractive scent descriptions to me:

Borneo Teak Wood - A refined, woodsy, exotic fragrance, soft and warm, with a rich, complex layering. Within those layers, many of the most popular Eastern scents will be found; a dry cedar note mixes with the spicy chords of nutmeg and cumin, warmed by amber.

Atlantic Tide - This fresh fragrance simultaneously braces with its ocean scent, and soothes with woodsy sandalwood, cedar and patchouli.

Ocean Breeze - An energetic burst of glorious fruity cocktail combined with the freshness of slightly exotic grapefruit, with warm, lingering notes of precious woods.

Sea Mist - This is a surge of freshness... A waterfall of spray. An ocean of sweetness. Dew from the rain. This is Jour d'ume" the Parfum de Maison full of the sea. On top, eucalyptus gives it vivacity and energy. At its heart, a suggestion of lichen giving it the smell of the sea. As a base, sandalwood, cedar and moss provide the plant anchor.

Fresh Linen - The air takes on fragrances of lavender, cotton and Savon de Marseille soap. Fresh Linen perfume is as gentle and fresh as resting a cheek on white linen.

Charleston - A woodsy and spicy mix, developing from nutmeg and coriander into patchouli and cedarwood to rest on a powdery note of honey and vetiver.

Winterwood - A sensual perfume combining enchanting spices with the subtle fragrance of woodsy essences warmed by the sun.

Kashmir - A creation of Emmanuelle Julliart, this oil is redolent of Rose, Jasmine and Ylang Ylang, layered with the rare scents of Sandalwood and dry Cedar. A sophisticated and balanced scent that appeals to both men and women.

So, as you can see... There are a lot of aluring options for me... As stated before, I just don't wish to spend $19/bottle to find one or two that I like...

Again, any suggestions? And thank you again for your help in advance...

Blog Entries

I can say that Charleston is really nice. It is the only one I use at present. I haven't tried the others.

it all sounds very good. the way they do their job, that's neat. and i love the fact that you can make the perfumes yourself. :) but i am a little skeptical when it comes to the air purifying properties of these burners.
    Last edited by gido; 12th April 2010 at 05:12 PM.

Hello all!
    I have just got a lampe for my birthday :-) and am using a vanilla fragrance, which is quite nice.
    I love musk, so wonder if any one has tried the white musk fragrance?
    Smiles
    Dannu

I use Claire Burke Original (timeless scent of roses, lavender and spice blended with patchouli and vetiver). It is a wonderful scent. I get complements on it daily.

Claire Burke for Lampe Berger? Do tell. Love that scent.
    I've used the majority of Berger fuels but never buy the same one twice in a row. Faves include Under Fig Tree, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Eucalyptus, Abinthe, White Musk. Where Lampe is in house influences fragrance (I'd like to have one in every room) scent; would put White Musk in bathroom but not in kitchen.

Blog Entries

I ordered a lamp berger from Janabelle's and am looking forward to burning holiday scents. I had never heard of Berger lamps until I read this thread.

Blog Entries

Late breaking news: I read where CVS pharmacies carry 91% Isopropyl Alchol at a rather good price. I think I will make my own fragrance lamp oil. Anyone who has done this themselves please chime in with info.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Lampe Berger

OK, my Berger lampe was delivered early. I have read the instructions, watched a youtube instructional video and have the lamp up and running. Wow! These lamps work grrrrreat! My house smells like a vanilla sugar cookie. Who could want more?