Code of Conduct

Default New SL's for Autumn.

Just found out over on POL that Serge Lutens is launching two new
    scents in September:
    Louve (female wolf) with bitter almond notes.
    Sarrasins - jasmine with a bat-like inky black vibe (whatever that might mean?)

Default Re: New SL's for Autumn.

Heh heh Kewart, did you run it through an online translator as well? Babelfish came up with something about inkly black bald heads or something weird.
    Louve is for the export line - basically a bitter almond scent, and Sarrasins is a Moorish-influenced jasmine for the exclusive line.

Hmmmmmmmm, interesting news - I'm curious whether they will be variations of what is already there??? Rahat Loukoum is already an almond scent , A la Nuit Jasmine. Let's wait and sniff!

Quote Originally Posted by jazztweety View Post
    Hmmmmmmmm, interesting news - I'm curious whether they will be variations of what is already there??? Rahat Loukoum is already an almond scent , A la Nuit Jasmine. Let's wait and sniff!
    interesting point! I 'm happy they came out with different variations for the export line at times, Gris Clair 's lavender has nothing to do with Encens et Lavande, Daim Blond 's leather is also very different conceptually to the moorish Cuir Mauresque leather.
    it looks like whenever Lutens brings a Salons Shiseido to the export line he keeps the same name and formula, Fleurs d 'Oranger, Ambre Sultan.
    the only variations similar to the original are Feminite du Bois 's "eaux boisees", Bois et Fruits etc
    'luxury is an esthetic wrath' Serge Lutens

Oh god... that's like saying, "Rosie, you already have Songes and A La Nuit, what do you need another jasmine scent for?" I can already see myself buying it...I cannot wait to smell them.

Indiscreet I don't need online translations - I teach French!!
    Chauve-souris are BATS!! (literally bald mice.)

Ah that explains it. Thanks for the explanation.
    So a gothic almond scent - wolves, bats and maybe Dracula too? Perhaps it will smell like arsenic!

Mayhap they will release them on Holloween?

Looking forward to sniffing these
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Oh god... that's like saying, "Rosie, you already have Songes and A La Nuit, what do you need another jasmine scent for?" I can already see myself buying it...I cannot wait to smell them.
    Hey, wait a minute! I think you've got me wrong here! There could be many many varieties of themes and one might need all of them .
    I did not say "who needs another Jasmine of Almond scent". I just said I'm curious, because I personally for instance found that Mandarin Mandarine is too similar to Fleurs D'Oranger for my, of course primitive, tastes

While I have and love many of the older Lutens scents, the more recent ones don't get me or I don't get them! Good for my wallet at least.

I think that releasing four scents each year is not necessarily a source of inspiration but going towards the direction of a commercial automatism.

I'm with you, Tweets.
    I'll reserve judgement until I sniff and sample them...a few times, at least, to be fair.
    I just can't help thinking that maybe, it should take a little longer to work on scents...

Surely, creation is a time-intensive process.

Can't wait to try the Louve! In the meantime, I better get to that sample of Rousse, sitting there, feeling forgotten.
    I'm pretty sure I'll love both of these, but probably not as much as my favorite Lutens,,, that'd be Un Bois Sépia.

Sarrasins sounds all-the-way, odd, but, ya never know.
    "The spirit of the Wolf resides in my heart, Mostly peacefully, yet ever wild, Dancing in the clouds that drift in the Heavens."
    Faves, a glance: Rancé Plaisir, Sage Machado Sage, DSH Kenya Musk, Calandre, C&E Sandalwood, Floris Santal, Elysium, Barbara Bui, Ghost Serenity, Guerlain Imperiale, Mystere, Bellodgia, N’Aimez que Moi, 10 Corso Como, Passage d'Enfer, Narziß, Moment Suprême, Bond No. 9 Riverside Drive (love most Bond.) ,Montale Wood & Spices, Un Bois Sépia, Vétiver Extraordinaire,etc.

I can definitely sympathize with the folks who think Lutens is starting to churn them out, yet I do think that Gris Clair and Daim Blond are very fine recent releases, which balances out the disappointment I feel with some of the other recent scents. And though I can't abide pure jasmine - it just smells like bathroom cleaner on me, no matter how high the quality or how much I love it on paper - I really do love the idea of a bitter, ghostly white almond scent.

Favorite Notes:
    Rose, Apricot, Violet, Leather, Iris, Blackberry, Saffron, Musk, Incense

Well I do love Rousse, actually - I consider it my summer Lutens as it's light (on me, at least). Ambre Sultan and Miel de Bois are better when it's cooler.
    Must admit I've gone off Chypre Rouge a bit though. It's very odd, and the longevity isn't great.

It's true - household cleaners gain from the growing competition between fragrance chemists. I have a bug spray now which could easily be mistaken for room fragrance - dangerous! Blame anybody you wish but not the most important fragrance abassador of our time relying on the charm of the pure jasmine flower ! Cedar, rose, beeswax, leather, and lavender - I welcome the ability to smell more than one interpretation of these. I must not love or wear them all. How many variations on rose and/ or oudh do Montale offer? It's like asking an apple tree to have pears this summer!
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.