Code of Conduct

Default Sick of All These Overpriced Scents

I was recently on a quest to sample all of the highly coveted, expensive scents that I've heard about here and on other places--Amouage, Creed, and most recently Clive Christian.

I kind of get that as they start to get more and more astronomically expensive, as with Amouage and Clive Christian, they start to smell more like "perfume." Not necessarily 'womens' perfume, but who knows anyway. I honestly feel that building such a huge hype around these vastly overpriced scents set them up for such a crushing defeat--Even though I actually like amouage though--silver, reflection, and dia.

The Creeds, well, I guess I need more time on that, but let's start somewhere--Bois du Portugal--Nice, but you probably should be an older gentleman for this one. Royal Water--your getting pretty close to being a women's perfume. Acier Aluminum--Very strange...maybe i'll like it who knows. Millesime Imperial and Unforgivable--One has melon and one has orange soda, but otherwise the same thing after 10 minutes. Erolfa--I know i'll get it for this but it smelled like Armani Mania on me. Tabarome Millesime--very nice, masculine. Citrus Bigarrade--guess what? It smells like Citrus...not really bad though.

So far I am favoring MI and Tabarome Millesime. More reviews to come.

One good thing about the Creeds is that they make me feel like more of a man than some of these other overpriced scents.

As a side note, I found it very comical that when I was at Neiman Marcus in Beverly Hills yesterday, and I was spraying their coveted 700 dollar Clive Christian No. 1 on a sample card and on myself, I could of emptied half the bottle without the sales lady even flinching. Quite funny how things are.

Default Re: Sick of All These Overpriced Scents

Try the new Creed Virgin Island Water...best summer scent ever!!!

I dunno, I think Creeds and L'artisans are around a decent price range for niche scents. I figure somewhere around a hundred dollars isn't unbearable if you like them that much. But when you get to the range where some fragrances cost hundredS (emphasis on the S) of dollars, it gets a little out of hand.

Ava Luxe's prices can't be beat though for a house with such quality and variety. I need to pick me up a few of those soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Redcomet View Post
    I dunno, I think Creeds and L'artisans are around a decent price range for niche scents. I figure somewhere around a hundred dollars isn't unbearable if you like them that much. But when you get to the range where some fragrances cost hundredS (emphasis on the S) of dollars, it gets a little out of hand.

Ava Luxe's prices can't be beat though for a house with such quality and variety. I need to pick me up a few of those soon...
    Can someone give me a brief rundown of Ava Luxe? I see its popular among women in the female discussion thread, but I hardly ever hear about any of their scents in here. Do they just not make many men's oriented fragrances?

yes, Ava luxe does make a lot of male oriented scents and you can order samples from her website (which I did). Some notable ones that I liked include cafe noir, film noir, kama.