Code of Conduct

Default Need help from those who own Armani MANIA

I have a question. I just bought unboxed Armani Mania from a reliable seller who has never let me down.

Anyway, the scent isn't exactly as same as the tester I tried a year ago. It's just not as strong as the tester. Is this scent weak to the wearer's nose but people sure can smell it? Not sure if it has something to do with my olfactory sense. Maybe it's just my nose, but I have 2 questions anyway.

1. Please see the sticker under the bottom and if it looks real to you?
    http://www.pramool.com/cgi-bin/dispitem.cgi?3243485

2. The sprayer--is it a chrome one or a gray plastic one? Mine is gray plastic, just like its cap.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    --------------------------------------
    To add more thoughts, I also noticed that Armani scents' top notes are not strong, such as AdG. I had to ask the SA if there was any smell? But then, after a while I could smell it. Also, when I tested Mania a year ago at the Duty Free, I sniffed my wrist when I got back to the car, which was 15 minutes later after I sprayed it, and the scent was there. I just read the reviews in the directory and it seems people prefer it after 10 minutes:

"Love it especially after the first 10 minutes or so this one will always have a spot in my collection" by fusion

"Disappointing top notes that are rescued by a smooth suede drydown that is subtle enough for any occasion. Neither as collegiate as Acqua Di Gio, nor as distinguished as Code, but it has a 30-year old appeal that is worth a try." by scentaddiction

Anyway, it gets mixed reviews. Some people detect strong top notes, some detect other bases. Strange.

Do you have any similar experience?
    Last edited by KiatBkk; 11th June 2007 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Default Re: Need help from those who own Armani MANIA

Sprayer is the same color as the cap (grey plastic) and mine has the sticker on the bottom too.

This is one of a few fragrances I have encountered that I can barely smell it, while people around me could sense it.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

looks real to me

It's real, I have the same exact bottle.

I also have a difficult time smelling this one, and yet those around me can smell this just fine.
    Gary

It's not bad, but it doesn't last on me that well. It's better than AdG (although that may not be saying much...) but I think Code's still better (but not by much). It was a gift so I figure... eh, why not.

is it a new one?

i bought once a minotaure that was original but too old. it was from a store that hasn't often customers.

(in fact the old minotaures bottles are still there since years! i bought mine five years ago. maybe i was the only minotaure-buyer since years. i never go back to this store. a good store sells the older bottles cheaper and lower the price until all are gone. that helps to renew the collection of the store with fragrances that are new designed or simply well selled.)

back to my very old minotaure bottle: it has smelled not so strong like a new minotaure, in fact it hasn't smelled anymore and the only smell left was the ethanol. i throwed it away and ordered a brand new bottle by internet.

this could be the reason that your mania is not the same. maybe the bottle is old.

Mania is hard to smell on oneself. It's a great scent, though. Yours sounds legit.

I just bought a new gift set at a fragrance outlet in Myrtle Beach, SC.

Get this deal:

Mania Gift Set, Armani Eau Pour Homme Gift Set, RL Safari Gift Set

Total: $75.00

I went to the local mall department store a day later and saw the same Mania gift set for $72.00. I paid $30 at the outlet. I paid $30, $30 and $15!

I just bought a new (boxed) bottle of Mania--at least it was new in the box...not sure how long it'd been on the shelf. Whereas the small vial tester I had before gave me both the citrus and the saffron, with the bottle I get hardly any citrus at all, mainly the saffron.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicemeister View Post
    I just bought a new (boxed) bottle of Mania--at least it was new in the box...not sure how long it'd been on the shelf. Whereas the small vial tester I had before gave me both the citrus and the saffron, with the bottle I get hardly any citrus at all, mainly the saffron.

I noticed what you said today. Is it reformulated? oh! It's a maybe small change, but it makes big difference.

light citrus added version is more fabulous and has great drydown.

This is an old thread, but fyi - that bottle doesn't look right. I have an original tester and the glass is a bit smokey and not anywhere near as clear as that.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Could also be the photo that makes the bottle look suspect.