Code of Conduct

Default Recommendation for Erolfa Addicts?

Erolfa is my current favorite Creed (Though I have to admit Virgin Island Water has its moments -- I'm not sure whether or not that'd be a long-term relationship. I -think- I'd get a little tired of coconut, but with my sense of smell coming and going maybe it'd retain the novelty)...

Anyway, 'rolf does wonders for me in the heat and humidity of San Antonio summers. Since that whole marine/aquatic side of scent is a pretty drastic change of taste for me (I'm traditionally more of a woods 'n spices sort of guy), thought I'd ask the experts for some ideas to branch out in Erolfa-similar directions.

VIW is on my list at the moment... I've sampled SMW but I find myself a bit put off by the tea notes (Surprisingly... I thought I'd -like- tea notes). I like MI, but the longevity is brutally bad on me -- most of the time, anyway. GIT rubs me the wrong way. (And that's about that for Creeds that have gotten my attention... onto other houses)

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Recommendation for Erolfa Addicts?

Aqua de Bulgari pour Homme & Mare would be nice "running mates" for Erolfa.

Mike

Try Maestrale by Profumi di Pantellaria. I'm not a fan of aquatics, but Maestrale is something special. And it lasts forever. The only place that sells it in the US is Luckyscent.

"Mare"

Good call -- I have and enjoy Mare. (Got a bottle for around 15 bucks on eBay. Wasn't even the 'Old Label' stuff.) On the downside, my girlfriend wants to steal it from me. *laugh* I think she wears it more often than I do... works for me, either way.

Basenotes Institution

Bahiana by MPG

Quote Originally Posted by Travtex View Post
    "Mare"

Good call -- I have and enjoy Mare.
    Aw shucks, never checked your Wardrobe. I wanted to give two names...Tommy Bahama Set Sail St Barts is the one for you...if you like Erolfa, Mare, kinda like VIW...you'll like Set Sail.

Best regards,

Mike
    Last edited by Mikey Q; 11th June 2007 at 11:44 PM.

Maestrale - Profumi di Pantelleria
    Amazing stuff. I also like Bulgari Aqua

definatly Creative Universe - Mare. It reminds me of Silver Mountain Water without the tea notes that can sometimes go sour. It's somewhat linear though. I haven't tested any yet but Bond No. 9 might have a scent or two you'd be interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by matreal View Post
    definatly Creative Universe - Mare. It reminds me of Silver Mountain Water without the tea notes that can sometimes go sour. It's somewhat linear though. I haven't tested any yet but Bond No. 9 might have a scent or two you'd be interested in.
    I've been kind of eyeballing some of the Bonds, though I don't know anything about them. Might have to pop by the counter next time I'm in NM.

Have you tried Neroli Sauvage? I find it's the perfect companion to Erolfa

Also, Montale Fougères Marines

Only in Saks right now.. but try the Bleecker Street and Central Park.. maybe even Coney Island (the openings aren't at all close to Erolfa, but their dry downs can give the same feeling.. though the Coney is a bit powdery)

Quote Originally Posted by Travtex View Post
    I've been kind of eyeballing some of the Bonds, though I don't know anything about them. Might have to pop by the counter next time I'm in NM.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

You might try Wallstreet by Bond #9.It is similiar to Erolfa. Quite nice.

I would say try Eau de Sud by Annick Goutal.

That aside, I want to rant a little bit... when people ask for recommendations because they like X, I really don't think they mean they want something just like X. For example, the Wall Street recommendation: Why own two fragrances that smell nearly the same? It makes no sense, but maybe I'm totally off here as to what people are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Borky View Post

That aside, I want to rant a little bit... when people ask for recommendations because they like X, I really don't think they mean they want something just like X. For example, the Wall Street recommendation: Why own two fragrances that smell nearly the same? It makes no sense, but maybe I'm totally off here as to what people are looking for.
    I think the reasoning behind it is because Erolfa so far has been the only creed that he's thoroughly enjoyed and considering alot of Bond fragrances smell very similar to creed that maybe they would be preferred. I myself have had maybe one to two ok experiences with creed fragrances and I credit that to creeds overload on ambergris.

Quote Originally Posted by Borky View Post

You make a very good point, I would not want to own two identical fragrances. I own both Wallstreet and Erolfa. I find that although they are similiar, they hold their own unique charms for me. I love the salty brine accord in Erolfa, but I also enjoy the vetiver and longevity of wallsteet. Both are very aquatic and I can see how some would find them too similiar to warrant owning both, but I enjoy each of them very much for their subtle differences.

P.S. - Eau De Sud is great fragrace. Cheers to the recomendation!