Code of Conduct

Thread: MPG's Bahaina

Default MPG's Bahaina

I recieved a sample from a fellow basenoter and the first time testing it I was put off by it. However I gave it a week and decided to test it one more time and WOW! I find myself not being to fond of alot of summer scents yet I couldn't stop smelling my wrist when I put this one on. I know alot of basenoters here are huge on VIW but when it comes to a tropical fragrance I just don't see how they are in the same league. The notes do not over power eachother nor do they just meld together creating a lack of character. Each note is very distinct and balanced. I've finally found my summer fragrance. Is anyone else a fan?
    Last edited by matreal; 12th June 2007 at 03:18 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: MPG's Bahaina

There was a recent post here about the differences between Bahiana and VIW ( link here: http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=196742 )

I know Vibert loves him some Bahiana - I have a sample that I haven't gotten to yet...can't wait to try it.

I'm just starting to learn about the wonderful MPG line...some of the scents (including Route du Vetiver) are shockingly good.

I've seen this one listed as a feminine scent. Is it overly feminine or is it unisex?

unisex

I am not the type to wear anything that may cause me to question my masculinity

Off-Scenter

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    ...I know Vibert loves him some Bahiana - I have a sample that I haven't gotten to yet...can't wait to try it...
    I continue to express amazement that this scent is so little reviewed here, and shamelessly proclaim my admiration for it. Mind you, it's not even in a genre I particularly like!

Cool Re: MPG's Bahaina

Quote Originally Posted by Vibert View Post
    I continue to express amazement that this scent is so little reviewed here, and shamelessly proclaim my admiration for it. Mind you, it's not even in a genre I particularly like!
    Same here. I have been on a dead end street when it comes to warm weather fragrances. Fall and winter are where I shine when it comes to fragrance and spring isn't so difficult for me to find a fragrance but when it comes to summer, it's always been hopeless for me. I even tryed to convince myself I wasn't enjoying it but that's hard to do when you realize every five steps you take you lift your wrist to your face to get another whiff! I must thank you again for enlightening me with the sample!

I like this one too. I wore it last Saturday in fact and certainly didn't feel girly. My only problem is that is does not last as long as I would like - on my skin I get about 2 or 3hrs out of it. The fragrance itself is a melange of tropical fruits - as if you've chucked a load of fruits in a blender and made yourself a nice tropical smoothie.

Just wore this one from a sample I got from a fellow basenoter...and I must say I really enjoyed it. I was even surprised at the longevity I enjoyed from it. So, my question is: are there other frags that are a lot like this one, or is it simply in a class by it's own? I am not sure what all the notes are, but I definitely notice the grapefruit note.

Off-Scenter

Quote Originally Posted by primetime34 View Post
    Just wore this one from a sample I got from a fellow basenoter...and I must say I really enjoyed it. I was even surprised at the longevity I enjoyed from it. So, my question is: are there other frags that are a lot like this one, or is it simply in a class by it's own? I am not sure what all the notes are, but I definitely notice the grapefruit note.
    Haven't found another quite like it. Virgin Island Water sounds like a similar concept, but they're nothing alike. The notes (from Luckyscent I think,) are Brazilian orange, caipirinha limon, mandarin, tagette, green leaf, rosewood, gaiac wood, elemi, amber, musk, and coconut.

I too have been pleasantly surprised by Bahiana's lasting power. I never expect much endurance from a fruity-citrus fragrance, but Bahiana outperforms all others that I've tried.
    Last edited by Off-Scenter; 24th January 2008 at 01:01 AM.

I would love to buy some...where would be the best place to do that? A quick google search brought up way more reviews than places to buy.

Bahianas are the women who live in Bahia, a state in northeastern Brazil. I am Brazilian and I can assure you that bahianas are hot. They are the perfect inspiration for a sensual perfume.

Lucius

Quote Originally Posted by primetime34 View Post
    I would love to buy some...where would be the best place to do that? A quick google search brought up way more reviews than places to buy.
    Lucky Scent
    http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/categ...categoryid=288

Aedes
    http://www.aedes.com/product.php?product_id=1632

Luscious Cargo
    http://www.lusciouscargo.com/Merchan...roduct_Count=1

Perfume Bay
    http://www.perfumebay.com/brands-m-m...t-gantier.html

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LuciusVorenus View Post
    Bahianas are the women who live in Bahia, a state in northeastern Brazil. I am Brazilian and I can assure you that bahianas are hot. They are the perfect inspiration for a sensual perfume.

Lucius
    The men of Bahia are pretty hot too Lucius
    I gave some of my Bahiana to my godbrother to sample and he loved it! (he's a very macho guy)

I'm not restricting myself to summer wearing of Bahiana - it works just fine on me in the freezing cold of the mountains - I have saudades (homesickness/longings) for the wonderful smells of Brazil when I wear it, and I love the perky feathers on the bottle
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

Basenotes Institution

Bahiana is intensely good.

Vibert sent me a sample and I cracked it open on the first day of my Puerto Rico summer vacation. I have this visual memory of smelling it in the hotel bathroom and walking out to the hotel balcony facing the ocean. The scent instantly clicked in my subconscious.

I think it instantly reminded me of the smell of the old fruit drink that was extremely popular when I was a kid, Hawaiian Punch. Of course Bahiana is much more quality and skillful in its blending, but it just smells like really good sweet tropical fruit. I am not a fan of most fruity florals in general - but Bahiana is the real deal!

I hope to own a bottle one of these days...

Does anyone else think that Bahiana smells very similar to D&G light blue (womens)? That's what I remember thinking when I first tried it on. I'll have to do a side by side comparison later this week and report back.

Funny story...I finally traded for a bottle of Bahiana and my wife took it from me and has claimed it as her own!! I guess since I have quite a few more bottles than she, I'm okay with it. BTW, it is in her list of current favorites now (along with Spring Flowers, and Rose).
    Current Wishlist: Vetiver Extraordinaire, Rousse & Opus 1870

Welcome back, Vegas! Great to see you posting again .
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??