Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Default What's new with you since we went off line?

Whoo-hoo! We're limping along again.

Since last we posted … I started reading The Emperor of Scent, and sniffed or skin-tested the following: Youth Dew Ambre Nude, Etro Patchouly, Cuir de Russie (thanks so much, quinpus!), Storer's 3 men's scents (thank you, Michael! ). I wrote/posted a few reviews here. And wore mostly Nanadebary Green cuz it's so #*#*ing hot!

What's transpired in your life smell-wise?
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Default Re: What's new with you since we went off line?

My Ava Luxe came yesterday. I will start trying them out. I already know I can't wear the almond cause I might bite my own arm off or something. It smells so delicious!

I feels good to be back! Yipee!!!
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Nothing really. Was reading a couple of blogs, but in general, there is nothing to read if BN is down! Was wearing 3-4 scents each day (nothing unusual, I told you!), was working every day, one night could not sleep and made up for the lost hours the following day with about 14 hours of night rest.

Had fun playing with the samples Quarry sent me - one of which had leaked on itself and obliterated its identity which turned out to be a fabulous Borsari at a fabulous price which Quarry will tell you about if she feels like it.

Had terrible withdrawal symptoms.

But - packages arrived - with CDP Vetyver Haiti (a recommend from Chaya) in an adorable blue sail bag. And with it samples of five Cubas - in a faux cigar box, the 10ml vials shaped like cigars.

The Vetyver's wonderful - fresh and green and vetiver-y with a hint of coconut!!

Will report on the Cubas later.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Blog Entries

I got to spend a day with the lovely linnea!!!!!! We sampled so many wonderful frags that by the end of the day our sniffers were totally useless, lol. It was a FABULOUS time, & I hope we can do it again!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Talking Re: What's new with you since we went off line?

I missed you all terribly...nearly lost my job... then redeemed myself...found the perfect paint color for my foyer, a warm rich golden hue that highlights the art I want to place there....got another story accepted for publication in a literary mag!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!...bought myself Jalaine Patchouli to celebrate!!!!!!!!!!WHEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and sampled Nanadebary Bronze which is also pretty damn hot imo....reminds me of a light and muskier Baiser du Dragon and a warmer deeper Burberry Brit...definitely worth further testing and may be full bottle worthy.

what a good idea for a welcome back thread...life is rich, my fine fragrant friends.
    Hugs all around.

R
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

My swap from Twolf arrived - L'Artisan Vetiver, which I'm completely in love with. She sent some very generous samples too, among which was Borsari's Bouquet di Violette, which I *need* to buy as soon as possible; absolutely lovely.

My Mum came back from visiting my brother in France with a bottle of Insolence for me. I didn't buy it when they released it, deciding that the berry note wasn't for me, but on wearing it some more I'm actually pretty happy with it - and being a bit of an anal retentive about Guerlain, I *do* like to own as many of their fragrances as I can.

Off to London on Tuesday to smell the Tom Fords. Can't wait. REALLY missed you guys - a fragrance addiction is much more fun when you can share it!

Glad you liked them, Squeeze!

Quarry, who are the people on your new avatar? Supposedly you and Mr.?

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Quarry, who are the people on your new avatar? Supposedly you and Mr.?
    Oh, aren't Mr. & Mrs. Snooty just too precious? I remembered this clipart image from back in the day when we actually used X-Acto knives and light tables to create page layouts (and dinosaurs roamed the Earth). Went a-digging through dusty old records and found them! Wish I could display the characters larger to show off their snooty details.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Well, I got married, had a couple of kids, got a new job....j/k, it just seemed that long of a break
    -

Just like everyone else, I miss Basenotes and my smelly friends here.
    I didn't make any fragrance purchase the last few days but I have been anxiously waiting for the Montales from Geneva.
    Entertained a friend from Korea and we had a fabulous time having nice Chinese food and went clubbing together.

I suffered withdrawal and played Bubble Struggle with cheat codes.
    A tidal wave of bottles and samples arrived, all in happily perfect condition.
    I spray painted my newspaper typecase drawer white for my minis.
    100 small amber bottles arrived, with bunches of pipettes and paper strips to start my DIY.

I wished immediately I had gotten the green bottles. What was I thinking?

I took six fragrances to choose from for Saturday, and spent the day jonesing for Bois Farine.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

I had serious withdrawal as I make it a habit to log in at least twice a day....

Took the opportunity to set up my new laptop properly. Biked a bit. Salsa danced a bit. On average, I wore three different scents a day.

That's it, no other news.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Talking Re: What's new with you since we went off line?

Got another bottle of VdeN in the mail, along with Flower by Kenzo. Also received LTBL from AL and many samples. I had to investigate this Gardenia Musk I read so much about here!

AND I received another bottle of Lentheric's "Dark Brilliance" which is still reminding me of Scandal!

I am wild for LTBL and delighted that I went with the bottle instead of sample (thanks to all those raves about this one), sometimes buying unsniffed can be a very great thing!

I DID NOT get the job I interviewed for (a secretarial position) and now I am soooo glad. Another position I had applied for, as a long shot, working in my field (Community Development) in a remote West Aussie town, has become a possibility. That is my dream position. At least they are flying me out for an interview, which reassures me that eventually I will find work actually in my field, even if I don't get this position. They are only interviewing two people, so.....
    I got some samples and ordered some more. Got a bottle of Creed Fleurissimo from Thrax (thanks, great for work and classes, just light enough) and a bottle of Black Aoud and one of Velvet Flowers. Mostly been wearing Habanita, which I love. Found a place here in Perth where I can get it.
    Sort of fell in love with a sample of Meteorites and ordered a sample bottle. Has not arrived yet. Same for my Anna Pliska.
    That's about it.

That was before the collapse, but I spent five days in sunny Stockholm. Hub and I stayed at my sister-in-law's, took long walks around the city, visited several 2nd hand book and record stores and had all our meals either on a terrace or in my sister-in-law's garden. I finally got the two CdG Leaves Series scents missing from my collection: Lily and Mint. My travel scent was CdG Sherbet Series Peppermint, a perfect choice for a +30 C weather, very cooling and refreshing.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

I haven´t done something from perfume-aspect... I am computor-active at other subjects, too, so the loss of BN hasn´t really been so terrible for me. But of course I missed you all!!!

My mind has of course been concentraded on perfumes these days, it has registrated that Infiniment Chopard is really working in summer, so I am considering getting a secound bottle before this frag dissapears from the stores.
    Last edited by Margareta; 17th June 2007 at 07:39 AM.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

I turned 40... *cries* Today actually.
    I've got my fella to try Virgin Island Water. He likes.
    Been wearing Tabac Blond a lot.
    Was hoping to wear Madame X for my celebration meal last night but it didn't arrive in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Indiscreet View Post
    Was hoping to wear Madame X for my celebration meal last night but it didn't arrive in time.
    Congratulations!!! What a milestone . Make it a great day!

Basically since we've been offline, my cold finally moved away (almost, at least), I sampled a few fragrances and other than that, not too much special happened. I'm glad to see the board is back online though, definitely missed it.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Spent my time with Mr. Morris. How great to have him all for myself without your intervenience Preciousssss.......
    Oh yes, and let's not forget the hunt for that blasted Ungaro I. A wild goose chase

And jazz, a whole lotta jazz on Friday evening. Tale for adults only. Sorry.

Good to have you all back, my fragrant beauties.
    --------------------------------------
    Oh dear You don't sound very happy, Indiscreet.

Anyway: happy, happy birthday
    Did you not live near a pub? Then that is the perfect place to be today!

Enjoy this day to the fullest. Tomorrow you will not cry anymore but will have one hell of a hangover
    Last edited by Riannon; 17th June 2007 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Happy belated birthday Indiscreet.
    They say 40 is the new 30.

Happy Birthday to Indiscreet - man! your best years are still in front of you - honest!!

And lannansidhe - what great bad news!!! "Doors are slammed that windows may be opened etc...."

It's so good to be back in touch!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Thanks all! (And it's not belated, my birthday's today, although I celebrated yesterday - no one wants a hangover on Monday morning!)

as a fortyfiver, let me tell you that the best is yet to come...
    forty is a magic number!

lannansidhe, good luck with your dream job!

(recently sampled anna pliska and it was SOOOO familiar...I realized it is very similar to People of the the Labyrinth Lucter et Emergo)
    Last edited by rtamara41; 17th June 2007 at 02:18 PM.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Belated Birthday Wishes Indiscreet! Everything is relative ~ and from my view you are a youngster. I hope this is your best year ever.
    I've made several additions to my collection since basenotes had it's little hiccup; the most exciting being a Mugler coffret. I'd been lucky enough previously to buy three individual bottles from Gerald's set, but when I saw an entire coffret go up on the block at eBay, I decided to go for it. It arrived yesterday and I'm very happy with the coffret and (I know this sounds odd) with the seller. I received a refund for a big part of my shipping fee because the seller felt they charged me too much.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 17th June 2007 at 02:29 PM.

HAPPY 40th Indescreet! Have a great day!

I finally finished my yard work, UGH! I guess there's something to be said for basenotes down-time! Although not much!
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Happy Birthday, Indiscreet! You can stop counting now. By age 50 you figure out the numbers just count trips around the sun.

Good luck with the better job, lannansidhe. Keep us posted.

And any of you lurkers who think this is a tight, little club -- in a way it is. But remember, each of us started as a lone stranger, and we learn about each other and learn to care about each other only if you post often. Come on, jump in!

Happy Birthday Indiscreet! There's no need to cry. You'll like being over forty -- more respect, more power. It surprised me!

Cheers folks! I just tell everyone I'm thirty-ten now. *grins*
    Good luck with the job, Lannansidhe...
    And Socalwoman, you must do a review of that coffret, it sounds amazing! So envious!

wow, lots on my end...

finally got the lasik i was scheduled for 4 years ago (had to cancel from an ICU after being run over on the freeway in a mc accident...). pretty awesome. lucky to have a MD with the most sophisticated facility on the west coast and the most experience and publications under her belt as well. made for much less anxiety than it could have been.

my wife had her last day at a job that she really hated (great company, but the position sucked and they really screwed her when she came back from maternity leave). her new job will cut her commute by 2/3 and let her pick her own hours, which means much more time to spend with our son. it's also ground floor (LLC partner) in a startup working with people she's worked with before and really loves, and who've had great prior success in growing and selling startups, so it could be pretty cool for us in a couple of years.

then i FINALLY got the temp -> perm conversion that i had been waiting for for over a year. less $$$ but my wife has a thing about security... my last day a as consulting engineer was Friday.

Yesterday i put a deposit down on a guitar i had had my eye on ever since that accident referenced above.

waiting for a bottle of timbuktu that anthony gave me a good deal on (oh A - now that we're back online i can access my PMs to get your address for the payment...)

And today i'm celebrating my first father's day. not much more joy in life than having my little man. wifey asked me what i wanted for f.d. -- "sleep" i said. i got to sleep till about noon. and more planned for this afternoon i think.

that's my week in a nutshell.
    baald

Buy my extra scents - mainly niche - over 50 items (tiny bottles)

Basenotes Institution

Happy 40 indiscreet - you're also coming up on your 1,000th post too. Enjoy!

I just took it easy from the internet and spent lots of time offline - getting in shape for my summer vacation in Puerto Rico next month. Been hittin the gym 3-4 times a week (kickboxing, lifting weights). Sampling - as always...some MPG scents [I have fallen HARD for Route du Vetiver by MPG...wow!] and of course, the new Lauder scent [Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia] has quietly become my go-to scent this summer.

Glad to be back with all of my fragrance addicts...

Realised just how addicted I am to Basenotes! Missed you all.
    Bought the new Armani Attraction for my son to give his Dad on
    Father's Day. Rediscovered the joys of Nirmala (les Feminines
    version in the blue bottle). Am deliberately not purchasing anything
    new at the moment - too many to get through already.

Like Kewart I also realised how addicted I am to Basenotes:P Haven't really done much,but went for coffee with one of my best friends. Gave her a bottle of Classique for her belated birthday present.She was quite suprised I've been having a lot of shifts at the nursing home I work...Then I got a cold and felt really bad a while.Getting a bit better now.And to Indiscreet Happy birthdayYou and my sis have the same birthday.I've also scrathed my head being really undecided about which courses I've taken at university I wanna use in my Bachelor degree...Well,will see a councilor asap,I think

I think we're all thankful it's back! It's amazing how quickly you can get addicted to a site!

Missed this place badly! I've been away on holiday, so only missed a few days of being 'down'. I've posted on other threads about my new purchases. Basically, I'm a new 'dragon' fan, and also I've finally found a Mugler fragrance that doesn't make me feel sick. Innocent Secret and Le Baiser du Dragon are now gracing my dressing table along with all my other faves.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

last post funny yes it did seem very long been on mu alley keeping busy working and trying to stay cool still trying to find time to order ALuxe samples still loving Bond No 9 and still loving sniffs

I bought a few bottles in the last 2 months... DKNY Be Delicious for Women, Red Delicious for Men. I gave the the Red Delicious away to a male friend for his birthday. I also acquired a bottle of Virgin Island Water as I am having this tropical fruit punch pina-colada craving recently. I realised that I haven't had a haircut since December 2006, and I got an appointment and had a new haircut (a major chop of 10 cm) voilà!

I went on holiday to Scandinavia (well, Fenno-Scandinavia, given we started in Finland).
    And I bought Virgin Island Water and Coney Island.

Edited. Too much emotion in this post to feel comfortable with since I noticed that a certain alien website is delighting in picking this kind of posts from BN and publishes them on their site.

I will keep it simple: I now hate Jicky and there is not one drop left in the house.
    Last edited by Riannon; 7th August 2007 at 11:49 AM. Reason: already explained

Destroyed?! Yikes...
    I have a love hate relationship with Mitsouko, which I've worn since I was 18...last time I wore it I enjoyed it, but the time before I had to scrub it off. I did test a new bottle of the parfum in Harrods on Saturday and it smelled really good so I will be replacing mine when I run out.

Quote Originally Posted by Riannon View Post
    ... I intensely hate Jicky

I destroyed the complete extensive collection of extrait, EDP and EDT.

I can't remember having such extreme feelings of disgust against something I loved for so long.
    Oh dear... destroyed, Riannon? That makes me very sad as I've wanted to try JICKY for just forever.

Since we've been away from the original BN Community, I've been skulking around in the Emergency forums.
    My frag WARDROBE has increased HUGELY, thanks to lovely BN, MUA, PP & eBay sellers/swappers/RAOKers. (You know who you are!!)

There's just too much new to mention, so you'll just have to take a peek at my New & Improved BN Wardrobe.
    Last edited by Sudsy; 7th August 2007 at 11:43 AM.
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all. W.SOMERSET MAUGHAM

And a new avatar I see. Very nice, Sudsy.

Well, like many others here, didn't really go "offline" so much as went "on" to the Emergency Board and made all kinds new friends. Haven't messed with other boards. And acquired boatloads of delicious samples!!

Also acquired bunches of new smellies - some purchased, some gifts/swaps. Details will unfold.

Looking forward to the 3X3 that WolfLady has organized (check it out at http://basenotespro.com/comm/showthread.php?t=197582)

Watching The World's Most Adorable GrandBaby (TWMAG) grow and thrive.

Tha'tha' tha's all folks!!

Thanks Indiscreet... I hate to remain the same & be considered boring!

Ohhhhh ... One thing new I almost forgot: I'm now a REAL LIVE card carrying Basenotes SUPPORTER!! Cheers All!!
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all. W.SOMERSET MAUGHAM

Smile Re: What's new with you since we went off line?

I've been out in the world proving what a very bad influence you people really are!

Let's see...introduced one friend at work, my best friend *and* my girlfriend (oh, and a bartender) to Editions de Parfums...went to Barney's in Boston with the the best friend and the g/f (and a big fat check from the work friend) and left with a huge bottle of Iris Poudre for the work friend and a sadly smaller amount of Carnal Flower for me. G/f bought Serge Lutens Arabie and is experimenting with the Montale samples I ordered her from Aedes. Best friend is still debating b/t two Malle scents...Have been trying to procure Coty Chypre but so far unsuccessful. What else? Oh, in turning my home office into a walk-in closet and dressing room (hey, that way I'll actually use the room!) I came across a big bottle of Je Reviens my aunt sent me years ago. She hooked me on Je Reviens and Nikki de St. Phalle when I was just a kid...I haven't tried wearing either as adult, but am enjoying the Je Reviens as evening/winding down scent. *See* what you've done??? I use more than one scent in a day now! Bad, bad people.

I'm so glad the boards are back! I don't post very often, and haven't been here long, but I really missed you all!!!

Well I've missed you all, that's for sure!
    Great to be back online at last. No major new
    purchases, just a few samples ordered :
    Iris Poudre and Parfum de Therese.
    I ordered a miniature bottle of Cristobal on e-bay,
    I am enjoying wearing Habanita, Nirmala and Fleur
    d'Oranger a (all by Molinard), Roma, AA Flora Nerolia
    and Angel. My son has passed his BSc degree (yipee)
    and the younger son is awaiting his 'A' level results.
    I am enjoying the long summer hols. (one of the only
    benefits of teaching!!!)

Micah broke up with me. It's kinda hard to tell, since he comes in town only once a month now, but the last time he was in town he spent all four days at his brother's house and did not even call me! He wants to be friends.....mentioned 'with benefits,' and I said, "I don't find it beneficial to have sex with my friends." I was pretty offended but do seem to be cooling off now, chalking it up to 30yo drive. He's back to calling twice a day now, but so help me if he thinks for one second....! I'll tell you ladies, he doesn't *know* who he's dealing with, I can go without for years, and he can stay with his brother till eternity.

Helping me ignore Micah is the new daylily collection I've ordered, which was just beginning before the ax. You all remember the one pic of daylily "Princess Diana"? Brace yourselves, especially you Quarry, I have ordered over 100 now. I'm right at five thousand dollars. Ask me any question about daylily culture, propagation, hybridizing, major hybridizers, important recent genetic breaks, disease, prevention and treatments, and I can expound for thirty minutes. I ordered seed from new crosses for a lot of my purchases, to explore how they pass traits and I could talk for an hour on starting daylily seed and evalutation seedlings, etc.

http://www.earthstarproducts.shoppin...43/3425523.htm

This little container is sold for storing/freezing collected pollen in microcentifuge tubes. LOL! I thought a few of you might use one to organize sample vials of perfume (like I'm going to!)

My parents don't know exactly how much I've spent, but they know the top twenty cultivars I've gotten, and all the seeds which my mother is drooling over sharing with me. They are so excited! They anticipate, and are correct, that in a couple years they will have divisions of everything I can keep disease free and alive.

And a bottle of kai to go with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat View Post
    Micah broke up with me. It's kinda hard to tell, since he comes in town only once a month now, but the last time he was in town he spent all four days at his brother's house and did not even call me! He wants to be friends.....mentioned 'with benefits,' and I said, "I don't find it beneficial to have sex with my friends." I was pretty offended but do seem to be cooling off now, chalking it up to 30yo drive. He's back to calling twice a day now, but so help me if he thinks for one second....!
    Dear, I am sorry that this has happened to you, but not sorry at all that you are getting rid of Micah. This kind of man, only seeking the pleasure, is not even worth a second glance. You deserve so much better. Someone really loving and caring.
    Indeed, ignore and never ever look back.

Wink Re: What's new with you since we went off line?

[QUOTE=Shycat;1044278]Micah broke up with me. It's kinda hard to tell, since he comes in town only once a month now, but the last time he was in town he spent all four days at his brother's house and did not even call me! He wants to be friends.....mentioned 'with benefits,' and I said, "I don't find it beneficial to have sex with my friends." I was pretty offended but do seem to be cooling off now, chalking it up to 30yo drive. He's back to calling twice a day now, but so help me if he thinks for one second....! I'll tell you ladies, he doesn't *know* who he's dealing with, I can go without for years, and he can stay with his brother till eternity.

Sorry Shycat, but the man must be an 'oxygen thief'. (Stealing good quality air from us nice people!). Not sure how he could've thought 'friends with benefits' is an attractive arrangement for a woman. Anyway - I'll move on to my life.

We have ordered our inground pool. My daughter broke her arm on the monkey bars at first day of school. My son got a kitten which is currently shredding the furniture. Bought full bottles of 'Prada' and Chopard 'Madness' and going broke by ordering Ava Luxe every fortnight!. My husband drives my crazy - crazy 'in love' and giving me 'crazy brain' and I've been working alot of overtime. Which is good as it pays for my frag addiction.

Whew! Been busy!
    Missed all you lovely people! So glad BNotes is BACK!

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    I bought a few bottles in the last 2 months... DKNY Be Delicious for Women, Red Delicious for Men. I gave the the Red Delicious away to a male friend for his birthday. I also acquired a bottle of Virgin Island Water as I am having this tropical fruit punch pina-colada craving recently. I realised that I haven't had a haircut since December 2006, and I got an appointment and had a new haircut (a major chop of 10 cm) voilà!
    Coconut,
    After having seen your picture on the other site, I can say that the new hairstyle is VERY nice. Even from a distance, you're stunning!!! :bounce: OK, I'll calm down now. Enjoy your new fragrances!

back on topic...
    I consider myself somewhat less addicted than most, but maybe I'm not. I kept checking BN day after day until I realized the target date was very out of date.

I did enjoy seeing folks on the alternative site, and it was great seeing photos and names! I had been on a fragrance diet for about a month-and-a-half, and then finally bought KL Homme and Azzaro Homme on sale, 2 old classics. I like KL a lot, butI was surprised to find that I didn't care that much for Azzaro Homme, which puts me in the minority.

In other news I started a new freelance work web development gig that has been fun.

Lastly, I'm trying to find a lucky recipient for my Perfume: The Story of a Murderer book. My friends have all turned it down!

Great to see you all!!!!!!
    Dave

Micah broke up with me.....And a bottle of kai ...
    "Men are like streetcars - if you miss one, there'll be another along in fifteen minutes"....

Guys are temporary - 'fumes are FOREVER!!! You go, girl!!

Sorry to hear that, Shy.
    He sounds like a bit of an ass. I hope you find someone who will treat you as the goddess you are. In the meantime, it can be good to be single for a while.
    I lived with my guy for about 6 years and then he left me. After the initial shock I realised I actually enjoyed living alone and I managed to get my old independence back and start doing the things I used to love again.
    After about 9-10 months he said he realised he'd made a horrible mistake and we started seeing each other again. It's now working well although we live apart (he moved for work) so don't see each other that often...but that's actually kinda nice. I can be my own person without him cramping my style.

Micah broke up with me……
    Oh dear, I am sorry to hear this and I hope you have a speedy recovery. Stay optimistic and give yourself some treats! Some guys don't really use their head to do the thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by Cognoscento View Post
    Coconut, After having seen your picture on the other site, I can say that the new hairstyle is VERY nice.
    Hi Dave, thanks!… (a little embarrassed)

I just got an email from the seller, my azurée soleil has been shipped out today!

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

My, my, everyone's been busy.

Shy's discovered many hobbies are preferable to many men.
    Sudsy is on that avenue called Cancer Free.

No fragrance revelations lately, but did just purge my drawer of most of my samples and decants by dispatching them, via my daughter, to my green-thumbed perfumista friend in exchange for a truckbed load of organic vegetables and herbs. How's that for a creative swap?

As good a place as any to say that I've been too swamped with boring home stuff to post the last few days and am heading out of town for a week. Promise to catch up on gossip, perfume and feedback when I get back.

Love and miss you all,

Kyra

Decided to try Alfred Sung Paradise. It's actually a very pretty, light green floral. Very much in the vein of the pre-reformulated Kenzo Parfum d'Ete. I'm not sorry I bought it, but it really is only for very warm, hot, sticky summer wear. Not something I'd reach for in the winter. I also rebought Sung's Pure. I was without a bottle for a few years now, but felt my summer wardrobe was lacking and remembered how Pure was a kind of simple, citrus fragrance with an interesting, clean musk dryout. It's been very pleasant. And since I got the 1 oz of each, neither broke the bank!

Interestingly, for a time I'd been craving deep, spicy, wintery fragrances in the humidity and heat. Coco and Aqaba fit the bill very nicely.

Today I re-discovered Fleur de Citronnier. I've been meaning to wear it in heavy humidity, but had been forgettting. It really is a great summer fragrance as it blooms in the humidity yet stays fresh and clean due to that white musk. I think I'm going to wear it a lot for the rest of the season. It was a big winner today. Even my sweetie liked it!
    Respond intelligently even to unintelligent treatment.
    - Lao Tzu

Hey Shycat, the guy sounds like an idiot and you are well rid of him. Let him stew. And you daylilies sound wonderful! I have this thing about flowers too... first the orchids, which I used to cultivate indoors underneath a lightstand. And now I have my garden of iris' and peonies'-- I love them, but unfortunately their blooming period lasts for such a short period in late spring. But boy, when they bloom, do they ever put on a show!

Not much happening here. I checked back onto BN almost every day, keeping my fingers crossed for Grant and the technies, hoping for some news of us being up again. It's amazing how hooked onto this site one really gets. And it's great to hear from all of you guys.

I've been busy, spending some time with my kids and especially helping my son get organized for school. Been also working hard and doing some cycling.

Now I'm trying to take it easy this week (I'm on vacation), sticking close to home and going to the cottage by the lake, on the weekends. I'm trying to relax and not think of work right now.

Shycat, the best is yet to come to you!

About what i have been doing, well, i completely missed out on the emergency forum but well what's history is history right?...
    I have been busy busy busy, strangely enough, not because of doing exercises as i usually am, but of finally learning how to cook properly!
    Last time i was on Bnotes i learned how to make pizza and I can now make Raviolis...for the life of me i can't make a good bread, it's always too this or too that.
    It's nice that i can now make myself some food for me cause i don't have a cook anymore and i don't have anyone to cook for me in general, (it's all a part of my plan to stop being a spoiled brat and become a real person) and i'm just never comfortable ordering or eating out everyday (but i did have luch yesterday at a restaurant and the day before that...

I was busy doing some scent shopping (some serious auction stuff) and gave away (in auction of course) some others and i now regret that decision.

I also haven't been to a pool in weeks and i feel like, well, a fish out of water, but i have been doing some running, feels strange though...

there's too many random things i do as well but i won't bother any of ya with it...

hello everyone!! well, I too totally missed out on the emergency forum Oh well :P

What have I been doing?? Well, I got a job...then I had to resign due to health issues...then on Monday I got another job!! I'll be..wait for it... promoting fragrances in department stores again!!! YAY!!!!!!!

As for fragrances I've acquired recently - Covet by Sarah Jessica Parker, Be Delicious by DKNY, all 3 of Sharon Bolton's perfume oils (Luv, Soul and Truth -- all of which I absolutely recommend!)...I think they're all the full-size bottles I've gotten recently... plus heaps of samples -- too many to mention.

Hope you're all doing well

Well, I finished my first semester as a graduate student with a 4.0 GPA.