Code of Conduct

Default If Andy Warhol were alive today, what fragrance would you expect him to wear?

I'm looking for fragrances that would remind you of people like Andy Warhol and Edie Sedgwick or even certain famous people today like maybe Mary-Kate Olsen.
    I'm looking for something not too masculine either. It can be a women's fragrance as long as it's not too feminine for a male to wear.

Default Re: If Andy Warhol were alive today, what fragrance would you expect him to wear?

What comes immediately to mind for me on this query is Le Labo Rose 31: its rose and pepper and other things. It's masculine mostly and a little dirty and subtle and enigmatic-- almost traditional, but not. I think Andy would have loved it.

Thrax

Default Re: If Andy Warhol were alive today, what fragrance would you expect him to wear?

Andy Warhol for men of course!

He'd continue to wear No.5 Chanel like he did way back when. Some guys don't like to stray from their true favorites and this was one of them.
    Last edited by Feeling Good; 17th June 2007 at 06:14 PM.

I think he would like CdG Odeur 71 or 53. Maybe even one of the Guerrilla's (yeah, I am pretty sure that is spelled wrong!)
    One of the problems with celebrity scents is that so many celebrities have scents. Mary-Kate and Ashley have perfumes, Andy Warhol had one, too. And/Or there is mucho publicity about what they wear/wore. Takes much of the guess work out when it is so well publicized as to what they wear.

Basenotes Institution

I second the CdG scents... i think the Odeur 53 / 71 scents would appeal a lot to Mr. Warhol.

I could imagine Etat Libre d'Oranges Jasmine et Cigarette for him (although he would for sure loathe their pomopous marketing concept)...

out of the recent offerings i think Dior Homme and Victor & Rolf Antidote fit the bill

There are several scents with Andy Warhol's name on them. I can't imagine him not wearing them. I like the one in the yellow bottle with the dollar signs on it, but wasnt as enthused with the one in the blue bottle.
    Renato

Eau de Piscine - splash
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

I too think he'd wear one of the scents with his name and dollar signs on the bottle. Beyond that I've seen several doodle drawings he did of Guerlain bottles. I remember one in particular that played on the curlie-cues of the L'Heure Bleue bottle's top. "Hey, cool, I've got a bottle of that stuff," I said to myself.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Someone notice my

Eau de Piscine - splash gag

before the forum goes down. Please. If only to groan in despair.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    Someone notice my

Eau de Piscine - splash gag

before the forum goes down. Please. If only to groan in despair.
    Hahaha!

Down despair, down!

I get it, and it should be noticed.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Andy was buried with a bottle of Beautiful (Estee Lauder). It was allegedly his favorite fragrance at the time of his death.
    WISHLIST: Tokyo Milk Honey & the Moon, Brooklyn Bunny Lettuce
    "Another way to take up more space is to wear perfume. I really love wearing perfume." ANDY WARHOL
    DETROIT RED WINGS: RULING THE HOCKEY UNIVERSE SINCE 1927

SILVER FACTORY of course

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
    I could imagine Etat Libre d'Oranges Jasmine et Cigarette for him (although he would for sure loathe their pomopous marketing concept)...
    yep I second chose this one, and I'm with Mikeperez. I think propably the Odeur range would appear to him too.
    Read my perfume reviews at: http://perfumenoparatodos.blogspot.com/

Digital art portfolio: www.dreamlandpostcards.com

I wonder how Andy Warhol and Mary-Kate Olsen are related.
    I think warhol would wear something like Tom Ford Black Orchid or Kingdom or Coco Mademoiselle.

!!!!

Immortelle Marylin

I think he would probably have his own line of fragrances, and whatever they would be they would probably either
    a) push the envelope of modern fragrances in an interesting direction or
    b) smell like Campbell's Soup or Brillo pads.
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Narcissus (Yardley)

Apparently, he was said to have liked- strangely or not- Blenheim Bouquet, but this may be nothing but a Creed-style urban legend

I did not know the man so I would just be speculating...

JPG Fleur du Male.
    Current top 10:

1. L'Artisan Dzing!
    2. Lorenzo Villoresi Yerbamate
    3. Guerlain Bois d'Armenie
    4. L'Artisan Al Oudh
    5. Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory
    6. Parfumerie Generale Bois Blond
    7. Andy Tauer L'Air du Desert Marocain
    8. Guerlain Derby
    9. Geo F Trumper Eucris
    10. Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe