Code of Conduct

Default Chanel Pour Monsieur vs. Monsieur Concentree

Hi,

I was wondering if someone can try to describe the difference between the two, and which one you favor.

Thanx!
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Default Re: Chanel Pour Monsieur vs. Monsieur Concentree

I found PMC to be a creamier lemon scent than PM which was a more raw lemon in the top. I bought PM because I liked the scent more, I only wish it lasted longer, the longest I've had it stay on me was probably 3-4 hours.

For the record mine is the "new" one with the greenish colored juice.

From my, pending, review on Pour Monsieur:

"I equate this fragrance to speed dating with a supermodel. Fun as hell, but it doesn't last for long so make it count!"

I think that pretty much sums it up.
    Last edited by Aaron01; 17th June 2007 at 06:19 AM.

These are two different fragrances, composed by two different noses.
    To me, CPM is a variety of classic citrus but I find it a bit barber shoppy. It is conservative but there are better and more refreshing ones out there IMHO. Decent longevity and projection on me.
    I've read descriptions of CPMC both as an oriental and as a fougere. The dry down is heavy with moss and vanilla, reminiscent of Caron's Le 3e Homme. I like CPMC a lot better and it has superior projection and longevity.
    RM

My experience with these two scents mirror's Aaron's. [Can't say I've ever dated
    a supermodel, though. ]

The original (1955) is my favorite, but it doesn't last as long as the Concentree version.
    Concentree has a memorable nutmeg note and a fine drydown. Pour Monsieur (1955)
    is quite the lemon-lime on the top notes, and it drys down to a very fine chypre. It's
    the epitome of class, and just smells great. Either one will make you better smelling
    than the _vast_ majority of other scents will. It's worth owning both if you can find them.

Question Re: Chanel Pour Monsieur vs. Monsieur Concentree

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_Man View Post
    I've read descriptions of CPMC both as an oriental and as a fougere. The dry down is heavy with moss and vanilla, reminiscent of Caron's Le 3e
    RM
    Well i always thought that Chanel pour monsieur in its drydown was very similar to the top notes in Caron Le 3e homme. The only noticeable difference for me is that i can smell the lemon in the background in CpM. Caron Le 3e homme for me is CpM minus that lemon note.

Is it that Chanel pour monsieur Concentree reminds of Caron Le 3e homme as well?

I have never had a chance to try the concentree version of CpM.

gupts
    Last edited by gupts; 17th June 2007 at 10:20 AM. Reason: additions

I haven't tried the concentree version (yet).

I recently brought the CPM, and found it to be a sensational scent! It lasts all day, and has grand sillage and lasting power, with a formidable dry down. Of all things, I never thought I would find a citrus scent that lasts on me! I thought I had nailed it when I found Eau Sauvage, but IMHO CPM beats ES hands down. CPM is much, much classier, and at least for me, is much more "masculine".

QE