Default SotD Sunday 17 June

Good to be back home again! 4th day in a row in Jicky

Enjoy your Sunday!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Sunday 17 June

Mrs. Tigs, I am going to join you in Jicky

Good to see you all back!

Let's hope Grant and the server will not crack under the strain
    Come in, dearies. The lights are on again and we all can come home.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

An overcast Sunday here!
    Started the day with a sample of Bulgari's Voile de Jasmin. I am planning to wear Dior's Cologne Blanche to do some groceries shopping.

SotD: Infiniment Chopard

Me getting the Chanel-classics No 19 and Cristalle has been difficult for some of the perfumes in my wardrobe. Not all of them manages the comparison, so I guess some of them are leaving my wardrobe soon. But Infiniment Chopard manages to be outstandsing with these Chanel-classics in the same wardrobe. Finding out Infiniment is also nice in summerheat makes it even better. - I am afraid this perfume is going to leave the stores quite soon, and I don´t know what to do if I can´t find it any more... There isn´t really anyting to replace it...
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Starting my birthday in Rose Angel. Today will be a normal sunday as I celebrated last night. Needed something comforting this morning.

How good it feels to see you all again
    I am wearing Un Jardin sur le Nil to feel fresh on this hot humid day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

L'Artisan Parfumeur - Bois Farine
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Ooh I loved that one when I smelled it.

Happy birthday to Indiscreet and many fragrant returns.

Wearing Serge Lutens Santal Blanc. Will report how it opens up later.

Happy Birthday Indiscreet! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Will wear DK Be Delicious this morning. For my SOTE I will be sample new SLs: Rahat Loukoum and Bois Oriental.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Smile Re: SotD Sunday 17 June

Happy, happy B'Day Indiscreet!

Scent (S) of the Day - June 17/07
    - Started my day with something NEW (yippee ... love new things!) to warm me up on this Western Australian winter's day: Cuir de Russie by Chanel (BIG thank you to jasper_244!)
    Oh I love it, it makes me want to throw on a thick white fluffy fur coat & huge white Russian fur hat and go for a ride in a troika through the silver frosted forest. The scent of the Chanel lingering with the warm fragrance of my body and the cold from the frost bitten air. (I may find it hard to fulfil this fantasy in Australia... sighhh.)

- Having come back down to earth after my daydream escape...I was supposed to be outside gardening but remembered I had several auctions on EBAY I was watching, so of course had to postpone the digging in the dirt.
    Yay!! I won two of the auctions and the best deal was they were from a lovely lady right here in my area, sooooo... emailed her to ask if I could pick up the frags RIGHT NOW! Yessss... so off to get them both! Brilliant deal, brilliant to have 2 more NEW things in my otherwise dull weekend!: Vocalise by Shiseido & Parure by Guerlain
    I can't wait to try them also, so why not have an illustrious trifecta? Why not indeed! Only now I must decide which comes in 1st, 2nd & 3rd.
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all. W.SOMERSET MAUGHAM

Happy Birthday!!

Also: Happy Fathers Day to our guys in Basenotes Land!

I'm in Fantasia de Fleurs today

:bounce:WELCOME BACK, EVERYONE!!!! :bounce:

Good heavens, it's nice to be back. I've missed you all and hope everyone is doing fabulously.

Happy birthday, Indiscreet!

And BrothaG, you smell divine -- I just got a little sample vial (from a Barneys SA) of Bois Farine last week. Haven't given it a full wearing yet, but maybe tomorrow in your honor! Suspecting from the little wrist-test I did I am in trouble once again...

Today is perfect late-spring weather here. Sunny, warm but not humid. Heaven! Decided on Gres' Cabaret for today.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

And here as well: Happy Birthday, Indiscreet

The more threads I can congratulate you on, the better. :bounce:

Thanks chaps!
    And happy father's day to any dads out there (including mine!)

happy birthday indiscreet! and happy father's day to any smellie daddies out there in basenotes land!

wearing bandit to get the morning paper, but will change to my dreamy creamy patchouli oil after a shower. I want to luxuriate in it on this sunday
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Happy Birthday Indiscreet! and Happy Fathers day to all the Dads out there!

I just finished making my hubby a big fancy breaksfast and now I am exhausted....I am trying out Michael Storers Yvette today and I like it very much but I really loved Stepanie and Genvieve. Have a great Sunday!

Will this rain ever end? UGH!

Need something warm to wrap myself up in, so OPIUM it is!
    So glad to see we're back on line!
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

Happy Daddy's Day Daddy-Os!!

Warm, pellucid day - started off with JLo's Miami Glow to babysit The World's Most Adorable Grandbaby. Came home to houseclean - prepare dinner for a friend and me and await the pickup of my keyboards to whom (which?) I am bidding a fond adieu!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

happy is the bleu heart<3

I'm testing Ambre Russe today ... so far, I like it but I don't love it.
    Ambre Russe notes: tea, incense, vodka, champagne, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, ambergris, vanilla, leather

Happy birthday to Indiscreet and happy Father's Day to the BN'ers dads
    Last edited by shadesofbleu; 17th June 2007 at 03:59 PM.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Evening shower and then....Messe de Minuit. About half a bottle, I think

Happy Birthday Indiscreet!!!

Happy Father's Day to all the Fathers!!

I'm going to put on Yin today.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Jalaine Amber+Vanilla again.

Quote Originally Posted by spicegirl View Post
    Will this rain ever end? UGH!
    I'm feeling exactly the same way! It definitely isn't feeling like June around here these days. Decided to wear Ava Luxe Amber Essence today. This one is definitely going on my full bottle wishlist. There aren't a lot of ambers I can wear, so I suppose I can't let this one pass me by.

Has been raining here today too! My 8th year in Texas and this is the wettest May-June in my memory here.

Changed into Mitsouko for the evening, although my hands smell of everything I have been decanting for 3x3 Blind Sniffing.

am. Attitude by Armani
    pm. Polo Black Classic
    Gary

...so then.... to heighten the gourmand aspect of my day, I overlaid Miami Glo with AA Winter Delice (thank you LIB!!) - gingerbread and rhubarb over coconut!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Ending the day in Collection by Escada

I thought I was putting on Ava Lux Tibetan Amber, which is lovely, and I accidently was putiing on ( dousing actually) Kashmir spice. Gag! Kashmir spice smells just my mother in laws house used to smell when she smoked inside and then tried to cover up the smoke with Glade cinnamon air freshener. I have since showered and I am ending the day with the VERY sweet Pink Sugar.

HBD Indiscreet!

Wore Rasa today

Very antisocial, skulking around grumpily. Trying to cozy up with Vol de Nuit parfum this evening.