Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution

Default If you like Tuscany by Aramis you'll like...

Blu Mediterraneo Tuscan Cypress / Cipresso di Toscana by Acqua di Parma

I was skeptical about the Blu Mediterraneo line of Acqua di Parma - the last two I've tried (Arancia and that Fico one...) lasted horribly short on my skin. I'm talking...Bath and Body Works body splash type of longevity. For the price (the BM line aint cheap), I felt incredibly let down.

Then last night I spritzed the CdT - giving it a healthy spray (10 times) and I had that most amazing scent/memory recollection feeling overcome me, stunned with the thought - 'I've smelled this smell before...what IS this!??'. It took me a few minutes to realize it smells like a clean yet tenacious version of Tuscany (by Aramis).

I haven't smelled that combination of citrus, cypress and woods together in another scent for a while. Sillage and longevity were above average. Unlike Tuscany which can get slightly cloying in the heat (and if you overapply) CdT performed a perfect amount of projection.

I know that many here on BN have disregarded the BM line of AdP as 'synthetic throw-away scents' but IMO CdT redeems it.

Default Re: If you like Tuscany by Aramis you'll like...

Mike:

What kind of longevity did you get with this one?

Just to toss in an additional 2 cents... fans of Tuscany will adore the discontinued L'Homme de Gres.. by Gres... slightly more tart, better longevity.. same lemon/woods blend.. but there's a hint at something mineral-lifke that reminds me a little bit of basenotes favorite... Terre D'Hermes..

I truly regret swapping/selling my bottle of L'Homme de Gres.

a.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Frances View Post
    Mike:

What kind of longevity did you get with this one?
    4 hours tops...which was ok with me. Actually none of the AdP scents IMO last more than this (kinda like L'Artisan)

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Blu Mediterraneo Tuscan Cypress / Cipresso di Toscana by Acqua di Parma

I was skeptical about the Blu Mediterraneo line of Acqua di Parma - the last two I've tried (Arancia and that Fico one...) lasted horribly short on my skin. I'm talking...Bath and Body Works body splash type of longevity. For the price (the BM line aint cheap), I felt incredibly let down.

Then last night I spritzed the CdT - giving it a healthy spray (10 times) and I had that most amazing scent/memory recollection feeling overcome me, stunned with the thought - 'I've smelled this smell before...what IS this!??'. It took me a few minutes to realize it smells like a clean yet tenacious version of Tuscany (by Aramis).

I haven't smelled that combination of citrus, cypress and woods together in another scent for a while. Sillage and longevity were above average. Unlike Tuscany which can get slightly cloying in the heat (and if you overapply) CdT performed a perfect amount of projection..
    I've gone back and forth on this one. Early on, I discovered that it takes a lot of sprays for the fragrance to perform well. I rather like the excessive herbalness of it but I would prefer more cypress and cedar. I get about four or five hours out of it. What I really love, though, are the auxiliary products, especially the shower gel and the body emulsion.
    Last edited by foetidus; 18th June 2007 at 01:14 AM.

May I suggest Azzaro PH. I prefer it to Tuscany, which dies quickly on my skin. It shares similar top notes with a touch of pungeancy while yielding an ambery drydown.
    Last edited by MisterK; 18th June 2007 at 01:25 AM.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by MisterK View Post
    May I suggest Azzaro PH. I prefer it to Tuscany, which dies quickly on my skin. It shares similar top notes with a touch of pungeancy while yielding an ambery drydown.
    I disagree, to me Azzaro PH top notes are quite suffocating and exhibit no brightness or 'pungency' to my nose.

Perhaps this is because: Number 1: I have always found APH a sillage monster on me (ala Kouros) and Number 2: when I was young and I wore Azzaro PH [in junior high] I dropped an entire bottle in the hallway of my junior high school since it fell out of my locker. The entire wing of the school smelled like APH for a full week.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I disagree, to me Azzaro PH top notes are quite suffocating and exhibit no brightness or 'pungency' to my nose.

Perhaps this is because: Number 1: I have always found APH a sillage monster on me (ala Kouros) and Number 2: when I was young and I wore Azzaro PH [in junior high] I dropped an entire bottle in the hallway of my junior high school since it fell out of my locker. The entire wing of the school smelled like APH for a full week.
    Hmm. On me, I get little siliage from Azzaro or Kouros. I suspect we have wildly differing skin types.

Last year I dropped a bottle of Chrome in the bathroom, to my horror. However the house smelled amazingly clean for about a week. (Notwithstanding it probably being den of filth and wretchedness. )
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]