Code of Conduct

Default Sensual/sexy scents in summer

Basically I want to know if anyone knows of any sensual/sexy scents that work well in the summer heat. The only one I can think of is Dior Homme. Any suggestions? I haven't bought new fragrances in forever and want to get some new ones but I'm kind of stuck in deciding what I want. I know for a fact I want Dior Homme and Mugler Cologne. I'm thinking about getting CDG Vettiveru and Isfarkand...however the problem with those is Vettiveru is a huge bottle which I don't really need, and Isfarkand is a little pricey. So any suggestions for a great sensual/attractive/sexy summer scent that I could find on the cheaper side? Cause I'm going to CA this summer, and I'm probably gonna drop some cash in the airport on a bottle of something really worth it.

Default Re: Sensual/sexy scents in summer

I looked at some of your "favorites" in your collection...I think if you tested Creed Erolfa you'd like it a lot. Have a nice trip...

Mike

Blog Entries

Bvlgari Black is dead sexy & holds up well in the heat. I also suggest Chanel Allure Sport. I'm glad you're getting Mugler Cologne, it's one of my summer favorites!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

XS pour homme, for example.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

I'm waiting for my bottle of Creed Acier Aluminum to arrive for this very reason!
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”[/FONT]

~ Robert Brault

I could think of Opium pour Homme (Yves Saint-Laurent). However, I only know the EdP-version, which works well under warm circumstances. Another sexy scent suitable during heat might be Musc Ravageur (Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle).

Three off the top of my head:
    Roma Uomo - Laura Biagiotti
    Dolce and Gabbana
    Lauder for men - Estee Lauder (not discontinued, you can buy it from the main corporate site)

Lord knows they're not on the inexpensive side but Bahiana and L'Air du Desert Marocain are pure, summertime sexy frags!

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Off-Scenter

Ungaro II. Sexy. Summer. Period.

Its not really cheap, but i will add Colonia Assoluta by Acqua di Parma to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
    Its not really cheap, but i will add Colonia Assoluta by Acqua di Parma to the list.
    Could you please explain what the sensual quality of this fragrance could be? I for myself cannot...Thanks.

Platinum Egoiste
    Allure Homme Sport

Antaeus works well for me in the heat, and year-round too.

Also Tuscany, Dunhill Edition, Trussardi Uomo, and D&G ph.

The sexiest of them all !!!...........Eau Noire, Christian Dior. You will have to find a Dior boutique or a very exclusive perfumery. Go for the 500ml bottle. It costs approx $200, but it is excellent value for 500ml.

Definitely Kouros!
    Original Jazz is also great in heat.
    Last edited by deeablow; 20th June 2007 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibert View Post
    Ungaro II. Sexy. Summer. Period.
    I kind of think Ungaro II is better suited to cold weather. I guess I will have to give it another couple wearings to really decide. But that was my general impression.

(Creed) Virgin Island Water...it is fresh, creamy and sexy...best summer scent, right now!!!

Ave Spiritussancti!!!
    Longtime I didn't hear ya boy!
    Well about sexy scents in the heat let me give yousome suggestions:
    Herrera 212 man
    Antaues (applied lightly)
    Envy (yay, still green wnough to be used in the heat)
    Tumulte PH (smoky but not to loud and not sweet works nicely in the heat)
    Goutal's Duel
    loewe Essencia
    YSL Jazz

Quote Originally Posted by deeablow View Post
    Definitely Kouros!
    Original Jazz is also great in heat.
    live jazz too
    Can get (mostly mass market) miniatures on the cheap, inquire within. Will ship worldwide at cost.

Quote Originally Posted by DesGrieux View Post
    Could you please explain what the sensual quality of this fragrance could be? I for myself cannot...Thanks.
    Maybe its just on my skin, but the combination of rose, jasmine, ylang ylang and spices in the middle with the amber and white musk in the base makes for a somewhat sensual dry down.

Don't get me wrong, its no Musk Ravageur, but there is something sexy about it. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by DesGrieux View Post
    I could think of Opium pour Homme (Yves Saint-Laurent). However, I only know the EdP-version, which works well under warm circumstances. Another sexy scent suitable during heat might be Musc Ravageur (Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle).
    I find that Opium de Orient works well in the summer. Light, crisp and still retaining that sensual Opium vibe.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

I'd go with:
    - Body Kouros
    - Armani Code
    - Opium Eau d'Orient
    - Obsession Night
    Top 5: Obsession | Eau sauvage | Antaeus | Bel Ami | Platinum Égoïste
    my wardrobe

Jaipur Fraicheur
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Sensual/sexy scents in summer

The North America discontinued Havana for Men eats the heat for lunch and drinks high humidity as a chaser.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Lightbulb Re: Sensual/sexy scents in summer

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritussancti View Post
    Basically I want to know if anyone knows of any sensual/sexy scents that work well in the summer heat. The only one I can think of is Dior Homme. Any suggestions?
    Quote 100% for Dior Homme! It's a great sexy summer fragrance!
    Any suggestions? Yes: Lorenzo Villoresi Piper Nigrum

LV&P - mr.setter
    http://basenotes.net/wardrobe/8905

"Il profumo dei fiori non puo' andare controvento, ma il profumo delle buone azioni compiute da uomini virtuosi si effonde in tutte le direzioni."[Dhammapada]

Cool Re: Sensual/sexy scents in summer

Magnetism for Men
    Kouros Fraicheur
    Original Vetiver
    Mugler Cologne
    Lacoste pour Homme
    Terre d'Hermes
    Guess Man
    Burberry Touch
    Bvlgari pour Homme
    Bvlgari Black
    Ralph Lauren Purple Label
    Silver Mountain Water
    Platinum Egoiste
    David and Becca forever!!

Am I the only one who loves Givenchy Pi in the summer? Love the vanilla and wood.

I'm also a huge fan of Virgin Island Water and Silver Mountain Water but I don't know that either of those would necessarily be considered sensual...

Isfarkand is a summer scent? I've been saving this thing till it gets cooler, not to mention that it is too expensive to use casually. Magnatism and Mugler Cologne are definitely good choices. Touch is decent also.
    Last edited by silk4ever; 9th August 2007 at 12:02 AM.

I'm wearing Amouage Dia in humid 90 degree weather right now, and since the base is mostly vetiver based, it's not cloying or overly heavy. Holding up well too.

Mat; Very Male is also good, the wooded notes with the spiciness of anise works great in the heat.

Don't forget L'Instant de Guerlain EdT if you want a little more vanilla in the mix.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Black XS
    Allure Homme Sport
    Kenzo Pour Homme
    Last edited by rmlj; 11th August 2007 at 02:52 AM.

Montale's Black Aoud is very sexy in heat.

Cool Re: Sensual/sexy scents in summer

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritussancti View Post
    Basically I want to know if anyone knows of any sensual/sexy scents that work well in the summer heat. The only one I can think of is Dior Homme. Any suggestions? I haven't bought new fragrances in forever and want to get some new ones but I'm kind of stuck in deciding what I want. I know for a fact I want Dior Homme and Mugler Cologne. I'm thinking about getting CDG Vettiveru and Isfarkand...however the problem with those is Vettiveru is a huge bottle which I don't really need, and Isfarkand is a little pricey. So any suggestions for a great sensual/attractive/sexy summer scent that I could find on the cheaper side? Cause I'm going to CA this summer, and I'm probably gonna drop some cash in the airport on a bottle of something really worth it.

Welcome to Planet California
    I live ( well, reside--don't know if I'd call it living) in L.A.
    Where summer means 90+ Fahrenheit, and humidity can be mean as hell.

Roma? Havana? Bulgari Black?

You're talking about some of my all time favorites, but---just how hot does it get where you gentlemen summer?

I can tell when your posts list your hometowns, but as for the rest I wonder . . .
    Hell, I dunno. You may be right. Which means I'll have to abandon my escapist fantasies of evoking cool mountain springs with Creed's 1948 Vetiver during our desert-baking reality, IF using the aforementioned babemagnets--presumably in minute quantities-- yields appropiately sordid and depraved results during the heat wave Wish me luck.

BTW, Holy Spirit, you really DO want CDG's Vettiveru in a huge bottle. It's light, sparkling and unique, but you have to bathe in the stuff. A rich scent with poor longevity.

Revving up the air conditioner,

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Nobody asked me, but I think any one of you in Montana Pour Homme would round off any chick's heels.....
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Platinum Egoiste is fresh and sexy but I would not dare to say it is "sensual"...

I don't recall seeing Guerlain Vetiver on the list and I recommend it.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    Nobody asked me, but I think any one of you in Montana Pour Homme would round off any chick's heels.....
    hehe...I hope Great Minds still think alike~

Montana Parfume d'Homme pwehaps>?
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

MPH?
    Oh, Yeah!
    I'd make good money on a proposition bet that Taolady meant the original-- and sadly discontinued-- Montana Parfume d'Homme rather than the present Montana PH citrus rocket.

But then, who'd be foolish enough to take that bet ?

Perhaps the execs at Montana ?

Cry me a River,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Gendarme is pretty damn sexy on anyone-- and it's really sexy in the heat.

Some not-so-niche, and hopefully readily-available scents to work well in summer :

Bvlgari Black
    Allure Homme
    Rocabar
    Miracle Homme
    Bvlgair Soir
    Jaipur
    Very Valentino
    Emporio He

** Cerruti Homme - from a quick sample at the aiport **

As stated before, Opium homme eau de parfum is wonderfully captivating for summer evenings and days, too!