Code of Conduct

Default Forums will be down for ten days

Hey there and hello, friends.

I hope Donna and Tigs will forgive me posting moderating stuff on their fine board, but I want members to know that the site still has server problems and Grant is going to have to take the forums down for ten days beginning tomorrow, 20 June. The site will be up again 1 July.

I'm very sorry about this, as I love this site as much as the members of this very vibrant board do, but I want everyone to be aware of the coming silence.

Here's Grant's original thread about the subject: http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=197680

And if you're interested, here's a thread I started on the Male Fragrances Discussion board: http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=197705

I hope you're all well and that ten days--a mere speck of time--isn't too long for all of us who think with our noses.
    Thanks, and see you all very soon.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Default Re: Forums will be down for ten days

Shoot.... Or, do NOT shoot the messenger. Thanks, Chris!

Damn! I was just jumping up and down about it being back! Well, I suppose I can work on my addiction problem while it's away again. Poo!
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Thanks for the headsup Chris - will stock up against further withdrawal!!
    Last edited by TaoLady; 19th June 2007 at 06:25 PM.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

I will really miss the forums but perhaps it would be O.K for me to post some reviews for the directory in the meantime?

I'll give myself a personal challenge & not use the computer at all for those 10 days Computer fasting!

Quote Originally Posted by Clemmie View Post
    Damn! I was just jumping up and down about it being back! Well, I suppose I can work on my addiction problem while it's away again. Poo!
    You took the words out of my mouth...

Poo.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by musse View Post
    You took the words out of my mouth...

Poo.
    Yeah, same here! Poo, blast, phooey, drat, and double drat.

Thanks for all the kind words, you great gang you.

I look at it this way, a little. Because of this problem I got to use one of my favorite lines ever and in this very thread: "A mere speck of time." I just love those words and the thought behind them. Unfortunately, another line I like to use, which Basenotes doesn't give avenue to, is "Adventure on the high seas."

I could give all those normal platitudes about how it's going to be better when it comes back and all that, but really, we all know it's a poo moment don't we?

Thanks everyone, and I'll really enjoy seeing you all at the end.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

10 days?!? I'll get the weeding/reading done (loving The Emperor of Scent).

If anybody wants to stay in touch, please contact me:
    quarryschool@earthlink.net

Or go to quarryschool.com where you'll see me with my weeds and books.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Ah rats. I see a week and a half of intensive cooking and gardening in my future.

Best of luck with it all to Grant, and thanks for your hard work - really looking forward to the forums coming back again!

I wish I could do something nice to take my mind off it but I'm mostly on at work! :P

The other lovely ladies and gents on the board have already expressed it better than I can at the moment... No doubt, 10 days of down time is sad and frustrating, but the benefits of Basenotes still make it worth the wait!!!

::sigh::

I've been trying to comfort myself that these last few weeks I've been barely treading water with end-of-school-year madness with my kids, and hence have had no real time to relax here on my online home; still, I suppose I can use the 10 days to do some more testing, and maybe write some notes for later posting or reviews!

Hang in there everyone! Grant, take heart!

(Rats, where are Mrs. Tigs cheerleader icons?!?)
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Quote Originally Posted by ComDiva View Post
    She's prolly asleep right now - will these do?
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

I'll be trying to whip my wardrobe into order, get an organized swap list together and start getting ready for the green sniff and speak that should be the Saturday after we get back.

I had rather thought that I had left the Vetiver wearing to himself, but I've found there is at least a touch in these.

Le Baiser du Dragon
    Anat Fritz
    Habanita
    Cabochard
    Ma Griffe
    Timbuktu
    Violetta di Parma
    Caron Violette Precieuse
    Bois des Iles
    Diorella
    Jicky
    Eau des Merveilles
    Arpege
    OJ Osmanthus
    Vent Vert
    Murasaki
    Infini

I expect and hope that the Moondeva Diva will chime in with a way more complete array. These are just matches from my test/want to test list.

Just when i thought it was ok to come back...anyways i'll wait patiently and hopefully everything will be resolved.
    Bets of luck to all the Basenotes team.

Thanks for the info DustB.
    Gary

bleu autumn haze

10 days will be worth it for a new and improved BN ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

I am so gonna miss everyone. I have been learning so much. Well, unitl we meet again all. I'll be in search of my next frag. I always get myself a new one for my birthday. Yeah like I always wait till my birthday LOL!!!
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

10 days!? I'll finally dig myself out from under all this paperwork I've been back-logging.
    I hope you all have a great couple of weeks, and I'll see you when we're back on line! :wave:

HAPPY SNIFFING!
    Last edited by spicegirl; 20th June 2007 at 04:33 AM.
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

Quote Originally Posted by ComDiva View Post

See you all in July, smell good! It will be time for June and Second Quarter stats then.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

What time are we dropping, anyone know?
    (And am now keeping records of my daily scents so I'll be able to come up with a proper set of June stats! So far, Gardenia Musk and Tabac Blond are tops with Rose Angel quite surprisingly high!)