Code of Conduct

Default Which Creed for 19-20s?

Hi, Can you guys recommend me a good Creed that is fresh (it is summer afterall), but sensual and memorable? I'm in the 19-20 and I'm a college student.
    I have tried SMW, not a big fan of, Erolfa, a bit harsh, Himalaya, very nice but not sure about memorable...
    I have Original Santal, GIW, Bois du portugal, himalaya samples coming.
    I have quite a collection of fragrances but I'm just starting on Creed so help me out here.
    Thanks.

Default Re: Which Creed for 19-20s?

Ok. This is a tough one. Bois du portugal's a bit on the Strong side(I like it) I don't think it'll
    be good for your age. You might like Original Santal. Erolfa didn't last to long on me. Try
    Green Valley. I'm just guessing on that one. You picked a good line(Creed)

I don't tend to think of Creed (or really any other fragrance) in terms of age appropriateness - I know lots of "old man" talk gets thrown around here, but style (yes, even fragrance styles) will eventually tend to change/recycle over time. What smells old timey to some now may smell positively du jour next year. So let your nose tell you what to pick, find what you like and go with it - you may be out of step with current trends, but honestly if you're buying niche fragrances at 19 or 20 years old, chances are you're not really concerned about staying current with your peers anyhow.

Quote: "if you're buying niche fragrances at 19 or 20 years old, chances are you're not really concerned about staying current with your peers anyhow."

True Dat!

Green Valley, Green Irish, and Original Santal should do the trick for you...I'd bet on it!

I agree with everything you and the respondants have said already.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

How about Virgin Island Water? It's 'young' smelling and very summery.

Barry

VIW and Green Valley are very good recommendations. I'd like to add Chevrefeuille Original (summery, green, with a subtle floral touch), which is not discused too often here, but one of the best Creeds around IMO.

Virgin Island Water, Silver Mountain Water and Original Vetiver is also ok for a younger age!

I don't agree often with rentboy. Here he was inspired by pure wisdom though!

You might still be interested to learn that the best known perfume critic outside BN recommended Bois du Portugal specifically for the young man. He was just over 40 when he wrote it.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Basenotes Institution

The Waters: Virgin Island Water, Silver Mountain Water & Royal Water

Blog Entries

I'm surprised no one has suggested Neroli Sauvage yet! This is a perfect summertime scent, & may just be my next buy.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Royal Water really rubs me the wrong way.. I liked it at the store on paper but once I started in on the decant from NM, I had to take a shower to get it off... and something in Green Valley doesn't suit me very well.

Silver Mountain Water is a good suggestion.. I got a bottle when I was 23 and got lots of compliments. I love Erolfa too but you already said you didn't like that one

Currently, my favorites are Original Vetiver and Virgin Island Water. Both are great on their own, but I also found that they make a fantastic combination. A lot of one, little of the other.. works both ways.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Thumbs up Re: Which Creed for 19-20s?

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Millesime Imperial yet.

I can also recommend GIT, SMW, and OV quite heartily, especially for the warm summer months!
    David and Becca forever!!

Himalaya, Virgin Island Water, which to me is very similar to Himalaya with a tropical summery twist, and Bois du Portugal.
    These get my votes
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    ... and Bois du Portugal.

I'm not sure how well this would suit 19-20. I'm 26 and it even feels a little too big for my shoes.

VIW is perfect for summer. And for cooler months, REL is classy and delicious.

Noone mentioned EROLFA , interesting ...

Check the original question you're not the only one who didn't read it though.. lots of recommendations for ones he's already tried!

Quote Originally Posted by keyn View Post
    Noone mentioned EROLFA , interesting ...
    Last edited by jrd4t; 10th August 2007 at 04:49 PM.