Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default Today I bought ... (for August 2007)

It's been a crazy summer for us kids, what with basenotes running aground on a deserted island. Perhaps it's time to reward ourselves and buy something new for the coming-home party. Besides, this is the month when The Perfumed Court should be coming online, and there's bound to be something there you want.

So, whatcha buying today?
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Default Re: Today I bought ... (for August 2007)

Today... F Millots Crepe de Chine. And just opened something of unknown age called Magie Mist by Lancome, which unfortunately I cannot smell properly because despite a good wash I still have strongly Grosellina-scented skin. I seem to be having a vintage phase.

I've been really good so far !

....can't remember if said about the Rocher Poivrine (Peony), and then the Rose Absolue. And Royall Lyme Bay Rhum?...and the Lampe Bergere WITH the frags? Does that count? And the Muguet from Coty and another blind buy of a replica of Replique??

And Tinks has been so good 'cause she's busy being good to the rest of us!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

On Saturday I bought Bond No9 Coney Island (my first Bond) and Creed Virgin Island Water. Apparently our summer will be very brief but I want to be well scented for what few warm days we have left! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    .... And Royall Lyme Bay Rhum?...
    Did you actually receive it already TLady?? If so please tell me about it.

I can't remember if I said already that my big parcel from Vijay arrived.
    Caleche - Hermes, Tea Rose - Perfumer's Workshop, Eau de Cartier - Cartier (all FSB)
    Black Aoud & Wood + Spices - Montale, Pi - Givenchy, Laila & Geir - Geir Ness (all perfumers' samples)

I am totally thrilled!!:bounce:
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all. W.SOMERSET MAUGHAM

Smile Re: Today I bought ... (for August 2007)

Quote Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
    Did you actually receive it (Royall Lyme Bay Rhum) already TLady?? If so please tell me about it.
    !t came right quick (although the Company is located in Bermuda, the pkge. was shipped from New York) and is a gorgeous Bay Rum. My GrandDaddy used to wear St. John's and I adored it (I adored HIM!!) This one is brisk and lively - lots of bay and a bit of rhum and a hint of menthol. Has pretty good longevity (for me, that's three hours) and is very refreshing.

And I also ADORE Leila - was saving up clams and then Vijay closed up shop. All in good time.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Can't really recall when I ordered it,but since the last time we were online I've invested a large bottle of L'heure Bleue edp.I love it!!! If presents count I got Gaultier2 as a holiday present from the boyfriend. That guy seems to know my taste

My three month hiatus from buying didn't last (but I was good for two!)-- I purchased and received my bell bottle - Serge Lutens Cuir Mauresque. I absolutely love it and been wearing it all last week.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Today i got 4 vintages:

iquitos(delon) , portos (balenciaga), guerlarose and vague souvenir (guerlain).

Quote Originally Posted by dimples View Post
    My three month hiatus from buying didn't last (but I was good for two!)-- I purchased and received my bell bottle - Serge Lutens Cuir Mauresque. I absolutely love it and been wearing it all last week.
    Lucky you! I really do need to get my hands on a bottle or decant of this. It has quickly become one of my favourites... Enjoy!

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio

I bought 4 perfumes online . A new independent french *nez*, Lily-OH. I'm waiting!

Yesterday I bought Talco delicato IPDF, a young, nice, delicate brother of Teint de Neige Villoresi
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

Basenotes Institution

Bought the new Comme de Garcons, 'Play'. Plan on giving it a full wearing tomorrow. Stay tuned.

I bought a bottle of Bvlgari pour Femme for only $20., very happy I've been wearing this and Rose Essentielle a lot this summer.

Cool Re: Today I bought ... (for August 2007)

Have been in Cannes on vacation, so I got me some stuff that is hard to find where I live.

Nahema and Apres L'Ondee from Guerlain
    Shiseido Feminite du bois
    Habanita bodylotion and Eau de toilette, Violette Eau de toilette, and Molinard de Molinard bodylotion.
    Jil Sander nr 4 (allready empty!) and Biagotti Due Donna (used up as well!)
    Coco Chanel bodycream
    Eau Dynamisante + the lotion

No more buys for a couple of months for me.

Today i bought...

NOTHING!

it's still 1pm though...

Quote Originally Posted by castorpollux View Post
    Today i bought...

NOTHING!

it's still 1pm though...
    Hey, if you already got Iquitos and Portos and the other stuff, I'd say you are doing alright

BTW, iquitos and portos were both re-buys but the other ones were first timers!

Yesterday: Kenzo Flower Le Parfum, at what I thought was an exhorbitant price (but hey, it is Harrods) but I do love it so.

Also came in the post: Samples from Luckyscent.com that a kind family member offered to mail to me in the UK The fragrances were:

- Montale White Aoud
    - Montale Velvet Flowers
    - Montale Roses Musk
    - Sage Pearl EDT
    - Keiko Mecheri Genie des Bois
    - L'Artisan Voleur de Roses
    - L'Artisan Bois Farine

And today in the post...Blu Notte, an Ebay purchase.

Took me two days to re-locate this thread! So, a couple of days ago....

I actually got to meet with perfumer Neil Morris, sniffed a bunch, and (heaven help me) bought [[[gulp]]] THREE of his "vault" fragrances (not among the newly released line, but from the perfumes he has made over many years). [[[sounds of my fainting because I don't believe I just dropped that much money, but WOW, do I smell good...]]]

The three are:

Skinscense -- Just like it sounds, nearly all the varieties of incense I can think of rolled into one; Asian/Indian incense, though, NOT churchy, I find. Fun!

Le Parfum C'est Ma Vie -- Delicious, classic French style perfume. Definitely skews feminine, but I think a man could wear it, in the right mood.

Top Notes: Aldehydes, Raspberry, Plum Blossom
    Heart Notes: Bulgarian Rose, Freesia, Narcissus, Peony and Lotus
    Base Notes: Dark Amber, Sheer Musk

Gandhara : Sharp, jasmine/incense/spices/woods scent from a series of East Indian-themed scents he's done. It's sexy as anything, and the dry-down is GORGEOUS!

So, broke but very pleased with myself.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by ComDiva View Post
    I actually got to meet with perfumer Neil Morris, sniffed a bunch, and (heaven help me) bought [[[gulp]]] THREE of his "vault" fragrances (not among the newly released line, but from the perfumes he has made over many years). [[[sounds of my fainting because I don't believe I just dropped that much money, but WOW, do I smell good...]]]
    You're such a Neil Morris groupie sis. I'm jealous.

Exclamation Re: Today I bought ... (for August 2007)

Am sooooooo all of the above...no parcels in the AUSTRALIA POST all this week~~!!!
    Hate A.P. for making me wait like this!

Where are all those parcels that I KNOW are on their way????
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all. W.SOMERSET MAUGHAM

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplelune View Post
    Yesterday: Kenzo Flower Le Parfum, at what I thought was an exhorbitant price (but hey, it is Harrods) but I do love it so.

Also came in the post: Samples from Luckyscent.com that a kind family member offered to mail to me in the UK The fragrances were:

- Montale White Aoud
    - Montale Velvet Flowers
    - Montale Roses Musk
    - Sage Pearl EDT
    - Keiko Mecheri Genie des Bois
    - L'Artisan Voleur de Roses
    - L'Artisan Bois Farine

And today in the post...Blu Notte, an Ebay purchase.
    Welcome, Pamplelune!

Pamplelune is one of my top three scents. I also consider Flower my general "signature." Good choices, IMO. What else do you wear?
    --------------------------------------
    BTW, I have bought NOTHING for about two months! I've been so good! But I've had to be. With a baby coming, and three grad classes this past summer, I've been broke!
    Last edited by Kotori; 11th August 2007 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky
    Will cave in on him by and by.

—from "Renascence" by Edna St. Vincent Millay

More confessions...

- traded decants for Lanvin My Sin
    - bought decant of Coromondel and traded for decant of Angelique Encens
    - bought Farnesiana from a fellow perfumista
    - bought Messe de Miniut from a fellow BN'er
    - bought Guerlain Bois D'Armenie (ouch! but ooohhh this one is so very nice!)
    - awaiting bottle of Derby, ordered from France and due here in September (fingers are crossed)

and I bought decant bottles and atomizers from lotioncrafters, so that I can spread the joy!

OK, no more posting on this thread (for August)!!!
    Last edited by dimples; 12th August 2007 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotori View Post
    Welcome, Pamplelune!

Pamplelune is one of my top three scents. I also consider Flower my general "signature." Good choices, IMO. What else do you wear?
    Thanks for the welcome! Flower gets tons of mileage from me too!

I will post my (relatively small) fragrance collection on my signature, while Wardrobe is down for now.

Today i re-bought a bunch (most) of Laliques (for me and for gifts):

Le Baiser (yuck!)
    Trendre Kiss
    Les Perles
    Le Parfum
    Lion
    Faune
    Eqqus
    Eau de Lalique
    Flora Bella

That's it...for now...

Off-Scenter

Just bought Nuit Noire to replace MKK in my wardrobe (it may be even raunchier, if that's possible,) and Tubereuse Criminelle to continue my twisted male journey into tuberose. I'm contemplating Vierges & Toreros on my itinerary, too, but I can't decide whether the tuberose is pronounced enough for me...

I just ordered Comme des Garçons - Series 2: Red Rose this morning. I had a sample I ordered with my At the Beach 1966 I received last week... wore it yesterday and got absolutely rave reviews from the lady. (like the 'face to neck and won't let go' type)

So, yup, ordered it
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Quote Originally Posted by castorpollux View Post
    Today i re-bought a bunch (most) of Laliques (for me and for gifts):

Le Baiser (yuck!)
    Trendre Kiss
    Les Perles
    Le Parfum
    Lion
    Faune
    Eqqus
    Eau de Lalique
    Flora Bella

That's it...for now...
    What did you think of Les Perles? I saw that at Harrods the other day, and was intrigued by the bottle.

Today I am wearing an old friend, Narciso Rodriguez for her EDT.
    Facebook group: Perfume Lovers in Singapore, Unite! (You don't have to be in Singapore to join.)

Smile Re: Today I bought ... (for August 2007)

Yes WELCOME Pamplelune! YOU are one of my all time fav frags!!

Well the postie finally stopped here today.:bounce:

A nice square little parcel from the USA with Ma Griffe (FB) & samples of After My Own Heart and Jo Malone's Pomegranate Noir & Grapefruit.

Yummmm Yummmmmmmy!! (Ta RHM!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplelune View Post
    Thanks for the welcome! Flower gets tons of mileage from me too!

I will post my (relatively small) fragrance collection on my signature, while Wardrobe is down for now.
    We do have quite a bit in common, frag-wise. I also own Dior Addict and have bought BLV Notte (sacrificed for my mother).
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky
    Will cave in on him by and by.

—from "Renascence" by Edna St. Vincent Millay

Red face Re: Today I bought ... (for August 2007)

Well, I really did it this time....I saw Rosine Folie de Rose on ebay. A 100ml bottle for 39.99..so what could I do? I've been wanting it for ages and this was my big chance, she rationalizes.

I can't wait :-)

Ooh, lucky ZIbeline!

My Guerlain Meteorites came in the post - an Ebay purchase.

Also got Hermes Hiris cheap online (Fragrance Direct UK) - £20 for 100ml - and am eagerly awaiting its arrival!
    Facebook group: Perfume Lovers in Singapore, Unite! (You don't have to be in Singapore to join.)

Today I bought a 15 ml EdT of Naomi Campbell Winter Kiss.
    Very much like the original, just a tad sweeter. I like it!
    Notes of bergamot, star anise, pink pepper, vanilla, musk, sandalwood & cedar.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Still nothing tempting me!

Basenotes Institution

I bought the 'August Sample Pack' from Luckyscent - 11 samples for $28, and includes 5 of the 'new' Montales, and 2 CBIHP samples also.

As if I need more samples...

Traded some decants for a bottle of Le Parfum de Thérèse.

Also postie delivered my bottle of Farnesiana -- yummy, but I would describe it as un-gourmand -- gourmand quality without being a true gourmand, if you know what I mean.

You`ll think I´m crazy (well, most of you know I AM ), but I managed to get another one from Naomi Campbell before the shop closed for the day - Mystery! I´ve had it before, really like this one too, and it´s made by Olivier Cresp, mind you!
    --Bob Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by tinker424 View Post
    Still nothing tempting me!
    Oh no! Tinker are you ill?

I have ordered a bottle of Kai perfume oil - unsniffed! Whatever came over me?

I have also fallen in love with Dior Pure Poison, so a bottle of that is on the cards - and possibly Valentino Rock and Rose. My current infatuation however, is Aromatics Elixir by Clinique. I don't know how I managed to miss this one over the years...
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

I love Aromatics Elixir. I just wish it smelled nice on me, but it's soapy and astringent on my skin. I have the same problem with Youth Dew.
    Where did you order Kai from, out of interest?

Quote Originally Posted by Indiscreet View Post
    I love Aromatics Elixir. I just wish it smelled nice on me, but it's soapy and astringent on my skin. I have the same problem with Youth Dew.
    Where did you order Kai from, out of interest?
    Somewhere online. Sorry I can't remember the name of the website. The link is on my home computer, I'll post it later when I have access to it. Hassle me if I forget. :-)
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Clemmie View Post
    Somewhere online. Sorry I can't remember the name of the website. The link is on my home computer, I'll post it later when I have access to it. Hassle me if I forget. :-)
    Right. Found it. www.myvanitycase.com

Phew! :-)
    Last edited by Clemmie; 16th August 2007 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Today I got Hilary Duff - With Love (from Ebay)
    Lovely bottle, scent didn't work on my skin. I have already sold the beautiful bottle

Quote Originally Posted by tdi View Post
    Oh no! Tinker are you ill?
    I know! I'm shocked at myself but I want to save up for POTL. My decant is gone & I'm craving it.

Quote Originally Posted by tinker424 View Post
    I know! I'm shocked at myself but I want to save up for POTL. My decant is gone & I'm craving it.
    I have been thinking of doing just the same. If I would quit buying all the crap I could have something really nice ! I am torn about which I want more though Ambre Narguile or Luctor et Emergo.

Quote Originally Posted by tdi View Post
    I have been thinking of doing just the same. If I would quit buying all the crap I could have something really nice ! I am torn about which I want more though Ambre Narguile or Luctor et Emergo.
    Exactly! I went to Marshall's today and as I was browsing the perfume racks I thought "What the heck am I doing here, I don't want any of these, I want POTL!" and I walked out Yay me!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Talking Re: Today I bought ... (for August 2007)

Geir Ness Geir EDP
    3.4 oz EDT Spray (NIB)--received from Scentemental last week

Fresh Cannabis Santal EDP
    3.4 oz EDP Spray 50% full (with cap and box)--received from Scentemental last week

Aramis Havana For Men 3.4 oz Sprayed Once as a backup bottle (with cap and box)--received from Jock_With_Scents this week

Alfred Dunhill Dunhill for Men (the original Dunhill for Men) as a backup bottle
    3.4 oz EDC Spray 95% full (with cap and box)--awaiting delivery from Scentemental

Lanvin Arpège Pour Homme
    3.4 oz EDT Spray (NIB)--awaiting delivery from Scentemental

Davidoff Relax
    2.5 oz EDT Spray25% full (with cap and box)--awaiting delivery from Scentemental

3.4 oz Geir EDP 85% full as a backup bottle--awaiting delivery from Pluran

Chanel Pour Monsieur EDT Concentrée
    2.5oz EDT Spray 45% full (with cap, no box)--awaiting delivery from Scetemental

Creed Ambre Cannell 2.5 oz EDT 95% full (with cap and box)--received as a swap with Mikey Q for a 3.4 oz Aramis NIB Tuscany this week

,,,,whew! I am now officially broke
    Last edited by kbe; 17th August 2007 at 12:01 PM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

kbe! When you're good, you're very very good----and when you're bad, you're better. Or is it...'when you're bad, you smell better'? I'm a Geir fan, one of the few men's scents I like so much I own for the sake of posessing, not wearing mind you, just having around for tiny dabs on the wrist and personal sniffing pleasure.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

I'm with Tinks and TDI - there's three or four Bonds and Malles and SLs I need (notice I did not say "want") and am saving myself for them.....

Today I bought Chanel No19 after smelling it on my co-worker. I have never done a blind buy on a full bottle, but I was already buying another frag. I hear everyone talk about it, but never saw it in the stores here or either just didn't think to ask for it when I went to try frags. So, today was my 1st time smelling it and I loved it. I also purchased Scent by Costume National. A fellow Basnoter gave me a sample and I loved it and had to have it. I have been working so much that I didn't know when my next day off will be and I start school soon. So, I took advantage of the free shipping from Neimans. I also got a sample of the Prada di'iris i think it is. Can't wait to spray!!
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Hey kbe, that's quite the haul!!!

More activity this week:

- received parcel of samples and decants from Taolady -- it's like Christmas with the delivery of that box.
    - received the Messe de Minuit from nearfantistica
    - considering a serious purchase from my favourite Guerlain supplier.... Apres L'Ondee, parfum, pre-reformulation (early 1980's)... hhmmmmm??

My Hermes Hiris arrived from Fragrance Direct UK - good service, very speedy! It'll be good for layering. I think it does smell a bit like carrots.

Today I ordered 1 oz each of Manifesto (Isabella Rossellini) and Ciara 80% (Revlon) from FragranceX.
    I have had Manifesto before; it´s nice for spring/summer, so of course I had to order it now
    Ciara is a blind buy, but I couldn´t resist, since (according to some rewievs) men will go wild when smelling this..., an experience I have yet to experience.
    --Bob Dylan

Wow Musse you brought back memories. Ciara was my 1st perfume. I loved it. It's funny because I can't remember what it smells like. I'll have to see if I can find it and maybe fall in love once again.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Well today I expanded my vintage Lentheric collection by three: Shanghai, Miracle and Tweed. Yes, I already have Tweed, but now I have another vintage bottle to play with or give away.

That last "give away" made me jump in my chair.... If you ever decide to part with it and need Tinks' address to do so, please let me know....

Red face Re: Today I bought ... (for August 2007)

Been so long not just today I bought LAMB< great fragrance, with Lucky Scent 25%off I finally got IsabeyGardenia which I have been wanting for ages and with the Saks gold bag and special gift got Estee Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia and on line got Tendre Prada. Wanting Dolce and Gabanna THE ONE< I see it is on line it is a great fragrance, Where has this site been??Hope everyone is ok. I got to our sephora store and got one Sephora lipstick. nm

I won a small bottle of SJP Lovely this weekend.

Musse, I think you will like Ciara. I think it's delish...
    I bought Parfums de Nicholai's Sacrebleu which is very similar to my nose. I sniped it for $27 I love sniping!!

Quote Originally Posted by perfumegirl View Post
    Been so long not just today I bought LAMB< great fragrance, with Lucky Scent 25%off I finally got IsabeyGardenia which I have been wanting for ages and with the Saks gold bag and special gift got Estee Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia and on line got Tendre Prada. Wanting Dolce and Gabanna THE ONE< I see it is on line it is a great fragrance, Where has this site been??Hope everyone is ok. I got to our sephora store and got one Sephora lipstick. nm

Isabey Gardenia......that's a special one. It's always in the back of my mind, too. Enjoy!
    Please, spritz responsibly.