Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Black Orchid body products

Ever so quietly, Tom Ford released a slew of body products in the Black Orchid line (hair spray, body lotion, body oil, etc...) I have shaved my hair really short, so hairspray is unnecessary for me, but the body oil (akin to the Azuree Soleil body oil Tom did for Lauder) sounds very sexy. A very expensive ($45 a bottle) sexy body oil.

Link (Sephora) here: http://www.sephora.com/browse/brand_...Q?brandId=5869

Default Re: Black Orchid body products

love the scent thanks for the info on the bod prods

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

With such a strong powerful scent like Black Orchid, I would imagine the body products would appeal to those who found BO a little 'too much'.

Having said that, apparently Mr. Ford has announced the release of a 'lighter' version of BO, 'Black Orchid Voile de Fleur', wherein they've mixed in 'white flower notes' (available now online at Neimans). I haven't smelled it, but I really don't think the fragrance world needs yet another 'white flower' scent, no?

I will say that I sampled the fragranced body lotion at a department store when the perfume first came out and was quite impressed with it. It makes a warm, snoogly sort of veil on the skin.
    I ended up purchasing the Chanel no 19 body lotion that day, however, so I could layer with my wardrobe.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The Neimans where I am didn't have the body products when the frag made it's debut. I have yet to see them. I usually won't buy a frag without the lotion, but I just love Black Orchid.

rtamara41 I just got Chanel No.19 and I just love the way the lotion smells. Oh the perfume and the lotion layer so beautifully. I got compliments all day.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com