Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking L'Oreal vendor rep hates Opium, but she'll soon have to sell it!

Well, I've heard stories of SAs and vendor reps selling products that they didn't like, even though they had to. You know the BPI rep I know very well? She had to start out with Elizabeth Arden, selling White Diamonds, which she did not like one stinking bit. Fortunately, BPI started their in-house US distribution shortly afterwards, so she jumped ship.

But here's a new twist on the story: As we all know, YSL Beaute is being bought out by L'Oreal. This means that L'Oreal vendor reps will be selling YSL Beaute products like Yves Saint Laurent, Boucheron, and Zegna fragrances, probably by the all-important holidays. Turns out that at least one of the L'Oreal vendor reps here absolutely, positively hates Opium... she's actually thinking about post-acquisition strategies for reducing the sillage such as just spritzing the smelling strip and leaving, telling the customer to sniff it herself. However, she does like other YSL Beaute fragrances such as Elle, many of the Boucheron scents, and such, so not all is lost for her... it's just the days where she'll have to push Opium where it will stink (figuratively and literally).

P.S.: Personally, I like Opium (it's one of the perfumery greats)... but it's pretty potent, even in EdT, so I can understand why some don't like it.
    I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone.

Default Re: L'Oreal vendor rep hates Opium, but she'll soon have to sell it!

I've never seen Opium having to be pushed; generally it's the newer stuff. It has so many fans, hopefully she won't have to worry about spraying it very much, they'll probably just walk up to the counter and ask for it by name, pay for the box, and leave. That's my guess.