Code of Conduct

Default What's with the female fascination of Abercrombie Fierce?

Sorry that this is off topic but I seem to find that girls are really into this one. Whether it be reviews that I read or actual friends of mine that are girls, they really love this one. I remember buying it once, and I didn't like it. I actually put my email in one of my perfume emporium reviews of this that I wanted to sell it, and got 3-4 different people who wanted to buy it--All girls, even though I ended up selling it on Ebay...Yes, to a girl.

I don't know if they're just more familiar with this one because they shop at the store and that's why they like it, or if they remember smelling it on one of their old boyfriends, but I don't really understand it either way.

Default Re: What's with the female fascination of Abercrombie Fierce?

It's popular/safe, reminds them of their favorite store, and oh, it smells pretty good too. The scent elitists and brand-name elitists alike will disagree just because it's not made with pure oils or because it has the brand name Abercrombie on it.
    Girls buy colognes for their boyfriends. No surprise.
    Only reason I don't wear it is because it's so common that I'll just smell like so-and-so's ex boyfriend, which may elicit bad emotional recall, or slap on any situation with similar variable slots. I don't mind wearing something that's common. But with this, it's so common that it's inconvenient.

My wife totally loves it. She's 35. From the first time she smelled it wafting from the A&F Store, she was mesmerized. I have a small 1 OZ bottle that I use occasionally for casual days. It's good stuff, instantly recognizable, and easily over-applied. Go easy, chappies.

Blog Entries

Personally, it makes me gag. I have to hold my breath when I pass by the store. The A&F stores @ my mall are both on the upper level & somehow the stench wafts DOWN & always catches me by surprise when I'm walking under a store.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie View Post
    Personally, it makes me gag. I have to hold my breath when I pass by the store. The A&F stores @ my mall are both on the upper level & somehow the stench wafts DOWN & always catches me by surprise when I'm walking under a store.
    I think they spray that stuff on all the clothes there. Whenever i buy something there i have to wash it around three times before the stench is out of it. I don't like smelling like a 16 year old boy.

Quote Originally Posted by enlightenment View Post
    I think they spray that stuff on all the clothes there. Whenever i buy something there i have to wash it around three times before the stench is out of it. I don't like smelling like a 16 year old boy.
    I'm 90% positive they pump it through the AC Vents. I don't shop at A/F or stores like it, but I always smell their store from about 50ft away.

It's sexy in an exuberant way. Simple and straightforward. Like a horny puppy.Maybe that's why people associate it with 16 year old boys.
    Maybe that's why women like it
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

The SAs have to go spray their latest scent around every morning before the store opens.