Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Similarities Borneo 1834 - Neonatura

This is a review I found on makeupalley and I completely agree:

"I don't know how YR does it, but they manage to bring us some very nice scents for a really good price sometimes. This is a beautiful fragrance. I find it very similar to SL's Borneo --without the sickening Mothball accord that Borneo has. The patchouli is very evident, but the vanilla is very faint. This is not a sweet and foody fragrance. There are notes of chocolate here, but this is very grown up and miles from being anything like Chocolovers. This fragrance layers beautifully with many others, but I usually wear it alone. Don't over-spray--- this gets stronger as it opens on your skin."

Anybody else think they are very similar? By the way 50ml Neonatura Eau de Parfum by Yves Rocher can be found on eBay for less than 5,00
    dr.creed's decant sales
    can be found here:
    Crystal Flacon

Default Re: Similarities Borneo 1834 - Neonatura

I agree with you although i find it sweeter than borneo but i found layering it with etro patchouly turns it even more into a borneo smell a like.

Wink Re: Similarities Borneo 1834 - Neonatura

I hope it does smell like Borneo, as I placed a blind purchase on the Yves Rocher web-site. It seems they have a SL inspiration going on, I also ordered Rose Absolute and Voile d'ambre. My fingers are crossed.

Just in case, keep in mind that there are more than one Neonatura scents available. The one that we are talking about here, is officially called Neonatura Cocoon. The bottle is coffee-bean shaped with the notes of Patchouli, Cocoa and Vanilla.

There is also another Neonatura scent which has that same bottle design, only in lighter shade of brown. It has nothing to do with Cocoon, though. (it is a floral)

I have only tested Borneo from wax a sample, so I can`t give very accurate opinion concerning the similarities with the two. But, there is same kind of vibe going on, no doubt.

I own the YR Neonatura Cocoon, and though it is an interesting fragrance, I personally can`t stand it : To me it is like a nasty mixture of Dior Homme and Musc Ravageur. Very sweet & sour, with suffocating powder accent.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    I hope it does smell like Borneo, as I placed a blind purchase on the Yves Rocher web-site. It seems they have a SL inspiration going on, I also ordered Rose Absolute and Voile d'ambre. My fingers are crossed.
    Fingers crossed Ruggles...

We missed you on the BN boards. Welcome back!

Wink Re: Similarities Borneo 1834 - Neonatura

Quote Originally Posted by PigeonMurderer View Post
    Just in case, keep in mind that there are more than one Neonatura scents available. The one that we are talking about here, is officially called Neonatura Cocoon. The bottle is coffee-bean shaped with the notes of Patchouli, Cocoa and Vanilla.
    I did order the Cocoon version. It was $3 for a try me size - 1/3 oz. Nothing better than an in-expensive adventure/cheap thrill!
    --------------------------------------
    My Neonatura Cocoon arrived today. It is similiar to SL's Borneo 1834 - dry coco and lots of patchouli. I'm not convinced if I like it yet, it doesn't have the complexity of the Lutens. But, it is a Yves Rocher and it costs a fraction of Borneo, after all.
    The cap already broke, so I decanted it into a spray bottle. It actually works better sprayed on than splashed on.
    Interesting purchase, thanks for the tip.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 16th August 2007 at 03:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost