Code of Conduct

Default News from Guerlain

Launched recently or will be launched soon:

- Shalimar Black (limited numbered, black urn-bottle 30 ml parfum, normal juice)
    - L'Instant Magic (limited)
    - Quand Vient la Pluie (totally new creation)
    - Candide Effluve (limited edition recreation, original brown smoked glass bottle)

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default Re: News from Guerlain

Thanks for the breaking news, Mr. Guerlain. Just took a quick trip to your blog--gorgeous! (Twisting and writhing in pain because I should be working but want to explore your site.)
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

LOL - well hardly world changing news, but I felt that Guerlain is so secretive with their new stuff, so wanted to share the news I digged out via my endless e-mail correspondance with the house.

Thanks for you compliments bout my site! If only this site would make me known in the luxury world...

The sa told me on saturday about the L'Instant Magic she is going training next week.

Unfortunately very little new from Guerlain excites me anymore.
    DONNA
    Currently wearing: Y by Yves Saint Laurent

Gorgeous, gorgeous site, Mr. G.

Thumbs up Re: News from Guerlain

The website is fabulous! Great resource for all of us Guerlain lovers and I was delighted to see the Guerlain family photos. Thanks for all your work on it.

Girls - thanks for your kind words. Glad that not only me sits there and watch it...!

Very excited by the new releases - must arrange a sniffathon. And I agree on the applause for your site - it's beautiful and very thorough. I learned a lot and was fascinated.

Do you have any news on the Vol de Nuit Evasion that they're going to release in September as a travel exclusive in Duty Free (according to Now Smell This http://nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com/b...3023852.html)?
    I don't know what to think of them doing anything with my beloved Vol de Nuit.
    --------------------------------------
    Oh, hang on. Found the page on Osmoz that the Now Smell This piece refers to:
    http://www.osmoz.com/club/news_detai...GUE=EN&ID=1072
    Last edited by Wordbird; 13th August 2007 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks for the compliment. I have also only read about the VdN Evasion. In general I'm not too happy with these new edition of oldies. I bought Habit Rouge légère and was very disappointed - after that I think I will stop buying these kinds - unless they are really good, like the Habit Rouge EdP...

I've bookmarked your page too - lovely work!

I tried L'Instant Magic at the weekend, and wasn't blown away. That said, I've been totally under-impressed by L'Instant itself, so perhaps I was never likely to enjoy it. I'm very excited about the others, though; happily, I have a few trips abroad coming up later in the year (including one to Las Vegas where there is a Guerlain boutique), so I should get a chance to try all the limited ones and the duty-free only Vol de Nuit Evasion (which I will admit worries me slightly - I do wish they wouldn't mess with things that *work* perfectly well already). Huzzah!

My word, that's a beautiful site!

Does anyone know the status on Shalimar Light? Has it been discontinued?

Quote Originally Posted by Twitchly View Post
    My word, that's a beautiful site!

Does anyone know the status on Shalimar Light? Has it been discontinued?
    I went to the Guerlain site and Shalimar Light (Diet shalimar) is still listed. Looks like it's safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibeline View Post
    I went to the Guerlain site and Shalimar Light (Diet shalimar) is still listed. Looks like it's safe.
    Thanks. It comes and goes from their site, so I never know.

(Diet Shalimar, eh? You must be thinking of Shalimar Lite.)

Thank for the news Mr.Guerlain!

I liked you blog as well.
    I saw your wardrobe...are you interested in anything else besides only Guerlain scents?

Hi castorpollux - well I have a dusin other interests in my life, but regarding perfumes I have made this system where I retrict myself to Guerlain. The reason for this is mainly my search for completion - I could never afford, nor find room for 433 fragrances, like you got - though of course I find that it must be fascinating to be able to try so many different scents (I just sometimes wonder: how are you people with so many scents able to choose each morning, not to mention finishing a bottle...?)

Thanks for posting details of your site Mr. Guerlain. I am a "Guerlain Girl" myself
    ever since I discovered Jicky in Alsace circa 1975.

Hadn't it been for Basenotes I'd still only own Habit Rouge, Vetiver, Mouchoir de Monsieur, Héritage and Derby. I read so many things about Jicky that I had to find out. Then I got hold of some vintage Jicky and it all exploded! Next project will definitely be Chamade. My sample of it says "L'Heure Bleue of the sixties"!

Basenotes Institution

NowSmellThis just posted a picture of the new Shalimar Black Mystery. Quite impressive bottle - very goth, I think.

http://nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com/b...2/3175019.html

Shit yes! The SA didn't have any pics of it yet and in my imagination it wouldn't be half as beautiful as the original urn-bottle. But it's REALLY handsome! Why did I just buy the original bottle for 215 € one month ago? I should have waited, as always...

Super close up pic here: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...d=prod45880126