Code of Conduct

Default Bond Bon Bon box now at Harrods

I was excited yesterday to see that Bond has released the Bon Bon box to Harrods (which will be the only place in the UK stocking it). The box contains 20ml vials of Eau de New York, Central Park, Park Avenue, So New York, West Broadway, Chelsea Flowers, Fashion Avenue, Nuits de Noho, Chez Bond, Little Italy, Riverside Drive, Broadway Night, New Harlem, China Town, Eau de Noho, Madison Soiree, Hamptons and Wall Street, all wrapped up like bon bons in pretty coloured foils.

I asked the guy at the counter whether they can be refilled instore, like they can in New York, but he said they aren't offering that at the moment. (They *are* refillable, though, so if you own a full-sized bottle you can top them up - or just go to New York.) The set is selling for £180. If only I wasn't saving all my spare money for Tom Fords at the moment! You can see the set at http://bondno9fragrances.blogharbor....0/1947499.html and drooooooool.
    Last edited by Squeezeweasel; 9th August 2007 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Added link to pic

Default Re: Bond Bon Bon box now at Harrods

Nice. They're the only UK store doing Coney Island at the moment as well.

I tried Coney Island yesterday, and found I really liked it; quite a surprise, because I don't always get on with that very bright kind of citrus. I still feel the Bonds are just too expensive though, and I've never felt the "must buy this!" impulse with one.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Gotta give Bond props for attractive, innovative packaging and making sample sizes easily accessible unlike most other companies. Never felt the need to own a bottle of any of the frags though, despite all the sampling opportunities.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeezeweasel View Post
    ...The set is selling for 180. If only I wasn't saving all my spare money for Tom Fords at the moment! You can see the set at http://bondno9fragrances.blogharbor....0/1947499.html and drooooooool.
    I saw the set yesterday online when I was researching one of my Bond samples. It looks marvelous, doesn't it!!
    But that price seems very high to me, since this site I was looking at has it for $240.00 US which is about 120. if it's exactly the same.
    http://www.beautycafe.com/bond_no_9.htm
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all. W.SOMERSET MAUGHAM

That's Harrods for you! While you're very likely to find whatever you're looking for (with great service and in a lovely environment; it's a really nice place to shop), it definitely won't be a bargain. I worked upstairs in the homewares department for a while when I was 19, and it amazed me how many of the older people I was serving were perfectly happy to pay over the odds. Now I'm one of them.

I bought a pair of New Balance trainers from there on Saturday - I was quite surprised that they were only £50.I usually buy Nike from Nike Town which are more expensive (though, inexplicably, they seem to have started cutting them for wider feet, hence I've had to swap to a brand that does narrow fittings).

Anyway...yes...I liked Coney Island. I'll be honest...my passion in life is riding rollercoasters and I mainly bought it for that reason. If it had been called Long Island or Brooklyn Bridge or something, I wouldn't have bought it. But now I have it, I find it quite enjoyable to wear, despite not going a bundle on oceanic-type scents normally. I love the zingy lime at the beginning and the musky dry down.

i love the Bon Bon box soo much fun lets you play and try fragrances you might not be inclined to yes here it costs $240 i am also loving Coney Island

According to the Bond site from that link you supplied, the sizes are 0.20ml and not 20ml. If that's the case, they are just glorified samples for a crazy price.

Barry

Says 6ml.

Quote Originally Posted by Indiscreet View Post
    Says 6ml.
    Where does it say 6ml?

In the link on Sudsy's post.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry View Post
    According to the Bond site from that link you supplied, the sizes are 0.20ml and not 20ml. If that's the case, they are just glorified samples for a crazy price.

Barry
    A 20mL bottle is quite large!! If that were the case, they'd be selling 360ml of perfume for $240, which Bond would never do. Each individual bonbon costs $40. Forty dollars per sample!

Of course, the Bond No. 9 site doesn't list bottle sizes on either the Perfumista or BonBon Boxes. So I checked out Saks.

Saks says the bottles are 0.20ml "travel bottles". That's a regular old spray sample.
    The Bon Bon Box has 18 fragrances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saks Fifth Avenue
    Bond No. 9 BonBon Box
    Collection of 18 Bond No. 9 neighborhood scents, for men and women, is perfect for those who want to give the entire City of New York as a gift. Gift includes: Eau de New York, Central Park, Park Avenue, So New York, West Broadway, Chelsea Flowers, Fashion Avenue, Nuits de Noho, Chez Bond, Little Italy, Riverside Drive, Broadway Night, New Harlem, China Town, Eau de Noho, Madison Soiree, Hamptons, Wall Street. Travel-sized .20 ml. pocket sprays
    Each wrapped like candies in signature foil
    Bottles are refillable
    Presented in a gift box

Bond also offers a Perfumista Blending Box.
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.beautycafe.com/bond_no_9.htm
    Includes 16 of your favorite Bond No 9 fragrances in the 1/4oz refillable spray bottles, wrapped like candies. Also includes one empty 6ml spray bottle for custom blending. Contains the following fragrances: New Haarlam
    Park Avenue • Fashion Avenue • Broadway Nite
    Chez Bond • West Broadway • Hamptons
    Eau de Noho • Nuits de Noho • Chelsea Flowers
    Central Park • Chinatown • Madison Soiree
    Wall Street • Eau de NY • Little Italy

Last edited by linnea; 11th August 2007 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Indiscreet View Post
    In the link on Sudsy's post.
    Sorry, I only looked at the Bond website link. It's strange that the Bond site says 0.2ml and the other says 6ml. I think that I would go through 6ml in about 3 wearings...LOL!

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry View Post
    Sorry, I only looked at the Bond website link. It's strange that the Bond site says 0.2ml and the other says 6ml. I think that I would go through 6ml in about 3 wearings...LOL!

Barry
    The 6ml bottle is the empty bottle that is included in the Perfumista blending box.

Quote Originally Posted by linnea View Post
    The 6ml bottle is the empty bottle that is included in the Perfumista blending box.
    On the Beuty Cafe link, it does state that the 6ml empty spray bottle is also in the BonBon box too. It also says that the filled sprays are 1/4oz, which if my mathematics are correct works out at about 6ml. I think 1oz is something like 28ml.

The Bond site states that the BonBon sprays are 0.20ml.

Barry

If they're the same size as the samples, then they're 1.7ml...but I can't imagine they'd charge that much, surely? Individual bonbons are $40...which is ridiculous for a sample size. 6ml would make more sense to me...