Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Default Serge Lutens' Sarrasins - first impressions

    Sarrasins is a powerful Jasmine scent, in fact Jasmine is all that I got from it. It really is a very beautiful composition from the masters, Serge Lutens and Chris Sheldrake.

    The Jasmine isn't the sickly sweet variety that you get in lesser scents, it is just amazingly beautiful. So much nicer than his A La Nuit.

    Barry

  2. #2

    Default Re: Serge Lutens' Sarrasins - first impressions

    Wow, he's made a jasmine perfume that tops A La Nuit? I'm going to have to try this.

    ***EDIT: Oh my GOD, why can't I have 850 Euros?? I am DYING for this bottle: http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...tens_scen.html
    Last edited by linnea; 12th August 2007 at 04:34 PM.



  3. #3

    Default Re: Serge Lutens' Sarrasins - first impressions

    Quote Originally Posted by linnea View Post
    Wow, he's made a jasmine perfume that tops A La Nuit? I'm going to have to try this.

    ***EDIT: Oh my GOD, why can't I have 850 Euros?? I am DYING for this bottle: http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...tens_scen.html
    I know, that bottle is to die for isn't it?

    Barry

  4. #4

    Default Re: Serge Lutens' Sarrasins - first impressions

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry View Post
    I know, that bottle is to die for isn't it?

    Barry
    Makes me almost want to move to Paris.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Serge Lutens' Sarrasins - first impressions

    I agree that the bottle is really quite lovely...

    Barry- what kind of jasmine is it? More to the green Sambac? I think of A la Nuit as a Grandiflora- soft, warm, sweet. I love it, but it lasts maybe 10 minutes on me, so I never bother with it. Surprisingly I usually prefer a greener jasmine, like the jasmine in Creed's Jasmal. However, for a rich, truly opulent jasmine, I still can't find one better than the older Patou bottles of Joy.

    So tell me, which one does the Sarrasins compare most to?
    Last edited by Artisankey; 13th August 2007 at 04:24 AM.
    Scent is such a lovely, simple pleasure!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Serge Lutens' Sarrasins - first impressions

    Quote Originally Posted by Artisankey View Post
    I agree that the bottle is really quite lovely...

    Barry- what kind of jasmine is it? More to the green Sambac? I think of A la Nuit as a Grandiflora- soft, warm, sweet. I love it, but it lasts maybe 10 minutes on me, so I never bother with it. Surprisingly I usually prefer a greener jasmine, like the jasmine in Creed's Jasmal. However, for a rich, truly opulent jasmine, I still can't find one better than the older Patou bottles of Joy.

    So tell me, which one does the Sarrasins compare most to?
    This is green jasmine. Si is very good with colours from perfumes and when I let him smell it, he said green straight away. I haven't really smelt too many jasmine scents, so I can't really compare it, The only other jasmine scent that I have considered other than A La Nuit, is the Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie from Creed. This one is much nicer than that too. I'm sure that there are other notes in there which my nose didn't detect, but it comes across as a jasmine soliflore.

    Barry

  7. #7

    Default Re: Serge Lutens' Sarrasins - first impressions

    Just got the wax sample by post, can't wait to try it.

    Love A la Nuit, btw...
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

  8. #8

    Default Re: Serge Lutens' Sarrasins - first impressions

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry View Post
    Sarrasins is a powerful Jasmine scent, in fact Jasmine is all that I got from it. It really is a very beautiful composition from the masters, Serge Lutens and Chris Sheldrake.

    The Jasmine isn't the sickly sweet variety that you get in lesser scents, it is just amazingly beautiful. So much nicer than his A La Nuit.

    Barry

    BETTER than A La Nuit? How is that possible?
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

  9. #9

    Default Re: Serge Lutens' Sarrasins - first impressions

    Quote Originally Posted by Clemmie View Post
    BETTER than A La Nuit? How is that possible?
    Everything is possible with Mr Lutens my dear.

    Barry

Similar Threads

  1. Serge Lutens Test Results
    By CJ in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 5th April 2012, 02:48 AM
  2. The Great Layering Challenge (Outline)
    By moondeva in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 20th March 2007, 10:00 PM
  3. How Shiseido succeeded in Europe (SERGE LUTENS)
    By Mylene_Farmer in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 3rd December 2005, 07:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •