Code of Conduct

Thread: Versace L'Homme

Default Versace L'Homme

Anybody a fan of this, just received it today, and I seem to like it. I like the soft cedarwood and vanilla drydown. It reminds me a little of Armani Pour Homme on the top notes, but the dry down reminds me strongly of Envy even the juice is green like Envy's.
    Last edited by incedal; 13th August 2007 at 01:36 PM.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

Default Re: Versace L'Homme

Versace L'Homme was my very first one. I was 12 years old and I had to buy the After Shave because I couldn't afford the smallest bottle of the Eau de Toilette.

Thank you mum and dad! By the way I don't think it's a good choice for a youngster at all nowadays. It has quite a manly feel, so maybe best for 30 years+
    It was definitely not the best choice for a 12 year old, but I felt like having the magic potion right there and then.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Basenotes Institution

I wore this many years ago (in my early twenties, I guess...) and loved it - but in the Miami hot weather I remember it being cloying. I must resniff this sometime soon, I think I've forgotten what it smelled like.

Bought a bottle of this not too long ago and it really wears well in the heat in SoFla, but it feels very"miami vice" to me, very 80s and very powerful

But yeah, you can count me a big fan!

If you like Versace L'Homme, make sure you try Creed Baie de Genievre. It strikes me as very similar but with an extra touch of refinement. Spicy and warm, but buttery smooth.

Reminds me of Armani Pour Homme but i get more sillage & longevity with Versace L`Homme.It is quite powerful compared to today`s scents.

I really like Versace L'Homme

It is quite Miami Vice as a few people here have said, and powerful, long lasting etc etc (all the good things one wants in a good ol 80s powerhouse.)

I went off it a bit for a while but wore it a few weeks ago and was reminded of how unique and nice it is.

Red face Re: Versace L'Homme

I just ordered a 1oz bottle a few days ago. Now must scramble to have a white jacket and pink t shirt ready for when it gets here.

Quote Originally Posted by Strollyourlobster View Post
    I just ordered a 1oz bottle a few days ago. Now must scramble to have a white jacket and pink t shirt ready for when it gets here.
    Don't forget the gold chain and a five-o-clock shadow!
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Quote Originally Posted by dr.creed View Post
    Versace L'Homme was my very first one. I was 12 years old and I had to buy the After Shave because I couldn't afford the smallest bottle of the Eau de Toilette.

Thank you mum and dad! By the way I don't think it's a good choice for a youngster at all nowadays. It has quite a manly feel, so maybe best for 30 years+
    It was definitely not the best choice for a 12 year old, but I felt like having the magic potion right there and then.
    It's very interesting to see that Dr. Creed, a known expert around here, started with this!

I just bought this for the first time, and I love it. I do everything backwards - I didn't wear scents at all in the 80's, and now I'm Mr. Retro.

Though I wouldn't try to prevent anyone from wearing a scent if they want to, I suppose I would agree that it's not an obvious choice for a youngster. Either way, it smells very rich and sophisticated to me. Best of all, the price here in the states has dropped, along with another good Versace, The Dreamer.

Best, Dave

Quote Originally Posted by incedal View Post
    It reminds me a little of Armani Pour Homme on the top notes, but the dry down reminds me strongly of Envy even the juice is green like Envy's.
    The Juice of my Versace L'Homme is a golden colour???

Quote Originally Posted by rompip View Post
    The Juice of my Versace L'Homme is a golden colour???
    This is the colour of my bottle.

"...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

My bottle is exactly the same barring the colour of the juice. The juice is golden in mine. Wore it yesterday thanks to this thread

Just got it in the mail and the first hour has been great. I really like this stuff. I keep recognizing bits and pieces of more contemporary frags. Like knowing the kids and then meeting the father and thinking, okay I see where the nose comes from. The patchouli note is done really well. I can't get into frags where patch is the main note. They usu. seem too sweet. Anyway, good stuff. Yet more evidence that all of Western civilization was leading up to Miami Vice. Don Johnson will come again in glory to judge the quick and the dead.
    Last edited by Strollyourlobster; 15th August 2007 at 05:22 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    If you like Versace L'Homme, make sure you try Creed Baie de Genievre. It strikes me as very similar but with an extra touch of refinement. Spicy and warm, but buttery smooth.
    Really? What a coincidence. I just bought some Baie de Genievre (blind) from a Basenoter last night (partial bottle). Looks like I might've made a good choice.

I Love it!!!! Recently wrote a review:

"Versace“s l'Homme really epitomizes how brilliant mainstream designer fragrances once were. This is so well blended that it is hard to pinpoint the individual notes.

It does start with some pleasant citrus and eventually settles down to a semi-sweet, mossy, herbal and highly masculine base. Lasts forever and the progression is flawless, with each hour a new great nuance of the scent is revealed.

L'Homme slightly reminds me of Dunhill Edition, but less sweet and superior overall.

Balanced, full of character, subtle yet decisive - this IS bottled elegance. Do get it quick before it dissapears completely. 10 out of 10."

/mmm

Basenotes Institution

Does anybody know who the nose behind this was?