Code of Conduct
    happy is the bleu heart<3

Default POTL - Luctor et Emergo EDP vs EDT

About two years ago, maybe longer, I bought a decant of Luctor et Emergo on ebay. My decant is gone now, and I'm thinking of buying a bottle (maybe ) ... The only problem, is I have no clue if my decant was the EDP or the EDT ...

Does anyone know which one came first? How do the two compare? The notes on Luckyscent are the same for both ... but you know how sometimes, the EDP and the EDT are really not even the same fragrance?
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Default Re: POTL - Luctor et Emergo EDP vs EDT

That is a good question. I have been wondering the same thing because I also had a decant that I do not remember if it was EDP or EDT. I also am toying with buying a bottle but was unsure which to get.

Basenotes Institution

I have only tried the EdP. If all else fails, buy a sample of both from Luckyscent, no?

Given a choice between EDT and EDP, I always go for EDP. Then again, I need it!

I am wearing this today, thanks to Riannon! Love it! When I was a child, I used to make clown noses out of Play-Doh and stick them to my nose so I could smell that aroma.
    I don't know if this sample is EDT or EDP.
    I usually prefer the stronger concentrations. For any given perfume, EDP is usually the most popular choice, given that EDT doesn't last as long and pure parfum often sits close to the skin. Personally, I am a parfum fan because I favor longevity over sillage.

There is quite a difference between the edt and perfume (on Luckyscent they sell it as EdP, but believe me, there is no EdP, only perfume - but perfume and EdP are being mixed up somehow. I checked with POTL themselves).

Anyway, the EdT is more almondy and some sweeter, where the perfume is smokier and some more woodsy. If you like scents like Rahat Loukhoum and Louve by SL, you might prefer the EdT (as I do).
    Also, in some odd way, the EdT doesn't have less staying power than the perfume.

I would definately check if you prefer EdT or perfume before buying (the luckyscent one is perfume)

Quote Originally Posted by purplebird7 View Post
    I am wearing this today, thanks to Riannon! Love it! When I was a child, I used to make clown noses out of Play-Doh and stick them to my nose so I could smell that aroma.
    I don't know if this sample is EDT or EDP.
    You got the strongest concentration, purplebird. On their own website they call it perfume, so as far as I know there is only an EDT and a Perfume. No EDP.
    I have tried both and the Perfume is much better than the the EDT.
    Last edited by Riannon; 14th August 2007 at 06:37 PM.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

I tried both versions and IMO EdT lacked some oomph, so another vote for perfume.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."