66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dior Eau Sauvage

21 31.82%
  • Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme

13 19.70%
  • Terre D'Hermes

32 48.48%

Default Dior Eau Sauvage, D&G pour homme or Terre D'Hermmes

I can only choose two of the above to purchase due to funds, i have narrowed these down to the best fragrances for sexiness mixed with class and sophistication.

Im also getting gucci Envy.

Your votes would be most helpful!
    Last edited by adamX; 15th August 2007 at 09:28 PM.

Default Re: Dior Eau Sauvage, D&G pour homme or Terre D'Hermmes

Dear Adam...from my name I think you guessed my vote!

Anyway if you want THE classic go for Eau Sauvage, if you're more into something quite "revolutionary" go for Terre.

I will forget about D&G (in a perfect world everybody should).

Greetings

All three are nice - and popular - scents. ES & TdH would be my picks. A practical suggestion...test before you buy if you haven't already.

Good luck,
    Mike

D&G and Terre are my picks. Eau Sauvage is a classic, and you will smell refined - but its longevity is fleeting.
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”[/FONT]

~ Robert Brault

I would go for Terre D'Hermes as a clear winner. Close between the other two, but I like D&G for #2.

Havent tried the D&G. Although Eau Sauvage is a classic, the citrus-florals-herbs formula has been duplicated often and bettered by some. Terre D'Hermes is the best of the lot - slick bottle, super juice, great price !
    -

I would go for Terre & D & G,while the Eau Sauvage is a great scent on me longevity is very poor.

Now if you want to smell fresh-classy then I would say go for Eau Sauvage, but if you want a bit spicy-warm-class then go for Terre d'Hermes. D&G is not that much my favorite here. I find it a bit strong and a bit heavy. I would rather go for Davidoff Good Life or Kiton.
    For me D&G, Goodlife and Kiton are the same fragrances with a nuance. Mostly I use Eau Sauvage at the office. It makes you feel fresh when you put it on after shaving and early in the morning. It wakes and kicks you up, makes you feel cool and fresh on summer days. On the other hand Terre d'Hermes gives a cosy and warm feeling. Goes good on winter days and it makes me feel myself happy.

Between the two that I am familiar with Eau Sauvage and D&G ph, my choice would be Eau Sauvage.

thanks for the opinions! I checked out D&G pour homme today, and its on my hand right now and has been for about 6 hours and it still pongs....yes pongs. I dont like it, but i can see why people do.

My local Boots didnt have Eau sauvage which is a shame, but i did smell it once and remember how incredibly juicy it smelt. I am going shopping

Ive ordered terre d'hermes (along with envy of course) yesterday as ive always said i would get it after some said the dry down was a MASTERPIECE, says it all really. Those two came to a total of £45 for 50ml each.

Cant wait, should arrive tomorrow.

Another thing, when i tested D&G my friend tried Ferrari 1. Wow, its not half bad for £10!! Its definitely a smell that gets you noticed except it smells soapy.

My vote goes to D&G PH even though it may be more common compare to other two.

I'm a bit confused about Eau Sauvage. I bought it last about 25 years ago and I remember it as very lemony, but with a nice acidic harshness and good lasting powers. I thought I'd try it again. Same Lemony smell at first but after half an hour or so it goes into a sort of doggy doos drydown that I find unpleasant. After an hour or so, smells vaguely of mothballs and not much else. I wonder whether that is my sense of smell changing over the years or has it been reformulated to match the EU's 'approved' set of chemicals?

I might have to give it a miss, it seems to be a little too old fashioned, i tried it today with the girlfriend and she didnt know what all the hype was about.
    --------------------------------------
    Right well i've just received my terre d'hermmes and gucci envy.

I quite like the hermes as its most deffinately the most masculine fruity fragrance ive ever bought, straight from the spray all you can smell is oranges, however it hasnt gone down well with the girlfriend and ive got a meal tonight with friends, as much as i regret to say i feel awkward wearing it as it just isnt pleasant enough. Its deffinately something i will wear to work just because it doesnt matter who smells it, but as a social fragrance i would much rather stick to a fragrance that is accepted by everyone, such as issey or code. I cant spray this directly on the skin as its too potent but it does smell alot more pleasant when applied sparingly.

Envy, well i am not quite sure of this one just yet, i put it on and i thought it was perfect for going out, however it takes your breath away and the girlfriend said it was giving her a headache and i started to notice it was making me feel slightly dizzy. Not quite sure about this one yet tho, will try it one night.
    Last edited by adamX; 18th August 2007 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost