Code of Conduct

Default Help with Creeds...

Hello everyone,

I'd like to start by saying that for the last few years I've been wearing Bvlgari Black, Chanel Pour Monsieur, Antaeus, Eau Sauvage, Rive Gauche, Terre and Armani PH.

Those are my favorite fragrances. I tend to like older fragrances, but not exclusively.

I have tried a few Creeds (BdP, OV, Erolfa). Everytime I've worn them, i've been complemented by people who actually think I smell like I'm wearing something a king would wear.

I also find the comparison between Mugler and OV borderline ridiculous, and I don't believe they smell the same to others.

That being said, I have no ability to test creeds here in Canada. I am finishing university and am looking for a signature summer and winter scent. I'm tempted to buy GIT and Millesime Imperial based on the descriptions.

How do you guys feel about these fragrances? Keeping in mind I find Eau Sauvage to be fairly long-lasting on my skin, while all the Creed's I have tried lasted FOREVER.

Thanks,

Fields

Default Re: Help with Creeds...

For a summer frag, definitely go with Millesime Imp. or Silver Mt. Water...I prefer SMW actually, but I'd say that MI is more of a summer frag...and it's amazing no doubt. For winter, ...GIT is a great all around frag. I'd say and is probably the most complimented Creed. It's a very sophisticated sexy. However, another awesome winter frag is Tabarome Millesime. ..deep, rich, and smouldering.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassyFields View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I also find the comparison between Mugler and OV borderline ridiculous, and I don't
    believe they smell the same to others.
    Fields
    Finally I can say the main difference between OV and TM Cologne. OV has this Creed's famous edge. And TM has synthetic blah.. of some detergent.

I think you could like Royal Delight (If you like Jasmine, and a bit leather) . It's not a light Creed as SMW, Himalaya etc.
    But it's not very heavy, old as Bois du Portugal
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

Try a Google search of "Creed samples" (enter with the quotation marks) and you'll get a long list of online sources who'll sell & ship you some samples.

IMO Creed is a great line, but the juice is pretty expensive...try to sample first - you'll love many of Creed's offerings.

Best regards,
    Mike

I'd recommend trying samples of Selection Verte, VIW and Neroli Sauvage before making up your mind. They've been staples of my summer 'drobe and are really each fantastic frags on their own.

Those three + OV and Erolfa are my "Creed Formidable 5". honestly i could probably survive on those 5 frags alone if push came to shove.

And yeah you definitely want to sample before you buy. Too expensive to blind buy only to find out you hate something.

BdP for winter is a sure fire win and MI is good for the summer. Himilaya is really really good too but if you havn't tried it, buying a Creed blind may not be the best idea...

I second the mention of Tabarome Millesime for a winter frag. I've sprayed it on my hand this evening for the purpose of testing it against another frag and it's eye-rolling in its depth.

I talked to Oliver Creed and he said that Thierry Mugler gave him the recipe, and allows him to use it as long as he gives Mugler free Creed, at any a time, anywhere, just by using a special credit card.

Not really.
    But, OV and Mugler COLOGNE are quite similar in their use of Haitian Vetiver.

Did you know there was a Mugler COLOGNE Summer Flash? COME ON! COLOGNE is summer!
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

I agree with others that it's probably not wise to buy a Creed (or any other expensive fragrance) blind. There have been times when I've thought that I'd love something only to find that when I tried it on, it didn't work for me. Other times, I've tried something I never thought I'd go for and loved it. Lorenzo Villoresi's Vetiver is a good example of the latter experience. That said, I've gotta say that I do love and would recommend GIT. My other favorite Creed (which nobody has mentioned) is Royal English Leather.

does anyone know how to get samples in the Uk?

Im so desperate to try these gorgeous fragrances

Quote Originally Posted by adamX View Post
    does anyone know how to get samples in the Uk?
    does anyone know?
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

You can get samples from Les Senteurs in London.
    My favourite Creeds are GIT & Bois du Portugal.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassyFields View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'd like to start by saying that for the last few years I've been wearing Bvlgari Black, Chanel Pour Monsieur, Antaeus, Eau Sauvage, Rive Gauche, Terre and Armani PH.

Those are my favorite fragrances. I tend to like older fragrances, but not exclusively.

I have tried a few Creeds (BdP, OV, Erolfa). Everytime I've worn them, i've been complemented by people who actually think I smell like I'm wearing something a king would wear.

Thanks,

Fields
    Can I start by complemetning you on your collection already? That's a stunning little group, all really well selected and serving different purposes. BTW I happen to own them all myself (except Black which I love but never bought) so maybe we have similar tastes. I prefer older styles too. So here's what I own and like in Creed:

I own GIT and BdP - these were the first two "must buys".
    Next buys are Tabarome Millesime and OV - both sensational.
    Intrigued, and desperate to own Vintage Tabarome, Royal English Leather, Royal Delight and Erolfa if money was no object, which unfortunately it is.
    Of the three fresh and somewhat similar ones (Himalaya, SMW and MI) I think they're all lovely, roughyl similar in quality and generally similar in feel, but I wasa cheapskate and bought Paco XS as it's a sixth of the price and very similar to Himalaya. I figure in that genre (commercial style) it's a bit of a waste to buy Creed when you can get the ones I've listed above.
    Of course, ask someone else and they'd disagre, saying why buy GIT when you can have Cool Water, or OV when Mugler... I disagree and think the Creeds are superior on those two.
    Ged
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime