Code of Conduct

Default Fragrances Similar to Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne (the New one)

Any suggestions?

Looking for something similar, with maybe a little more longevity and silage. Niche and non-niche fragrances appreciated.

Perhaps Mugler Cologne.

Love the Allure Sport Cologne though. I'm a citrus junkie! So is the wife.

Thanks Gents (and Ladies).

Default Re: Fragrances Similar to Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne (the New one)

You should try Paul Smith Story. They are quite similar in my opinion.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Fragrances Similar to Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne (the New one)

Mugler Cologne & Terre d'Hermes.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

The Hermes has a spicy note that doesn't seem to agree with me. Will have to try the Paul Smith though. Thanks guys, keep 'em coming.

I am agree with C-C; Terre d'Hermes is much orangey and spicy compare to Allure Homme Sport. Allure Homme Sport reminds me more of Polo Blue if I'm not mistaken.
    Now I got curious again. I will give it try today. I'll try to comparte it with Mugler too, if I can find it.

The new Allure Homme Sport Cologne is very much like an 'orange peel'. Infact i think its closest anything artificial can get to smell like an 'orange peel'. Very refreshing but then its extremely shortlived. I absolutely hate that in a fragrance. Its annoying when you spend 100$ buying a bottle and if it lasts for an hour or so. This one is very generic IMHO and any good citrus fragrance bursting with freshness can be called as similar to this.

Paul Smith Story is an excellent suggestion as already made by a member.
    Story is unbelievably refreshing but again i have had longevity issues with that as well.

Terre d'hermes is surely not similar to Allure Homme sport cologne. I wouldnt call it citrusy. Its more like the smell of the sea or the ocean. TDH isnt as refreshing.

Versace ph fraicheur is a good citrus fragrance.
    Light blue by Dolce & gabbana pour FEMME is very uplifting as well and it has gr8 longevity.

gupts

I gave it a test almost 30 minutes ago. I see some comparison to Polo Blue, but just as gupts say above here; indeed there is note like orange peel or pomelo peel and I sense also a very slight note like Dior Homme; make-up bag smell, but it is very slight. Later on when the orangey note is gone then I it smells more like Polo Blue, but Chanel is still a sweeter smell compare to Polo Blue. I'm not really sure which note it is, but there is this base note in Chanel which they almost use in all of the aqua fragrances. I smell the same base in Bulgari Aqua, Acqua de GIO, Polo Blue, Cerruti 1881 Amber

Vetiver Original by Creed = Mugler = Allure Homme Sport Cologne

Sprayed an in-store tester of CAHSC hour ago to the back of my hand. The harsh opening 'orange peel' notes die down withing about ten minutes or so, leaving a zesty, fresh, lingering fragrance, with slightly powdery notes...

...BUT the longevity is woeful! I have to huff ultra hard to get anything out of the spritz. Silage is non-existant. (I guess that's why I started this thread!). Probably won't shell out the asking price.

I have problems with Paul Smith Story. I got something slightly meaty (! - as in fresh meat from the butcher) when I tested a last time. Does anyone know what I mean here? I guess I'll have to try it out again.

I'll have a look at the other fragrances that were mentioned.

Thanks guys.

Both Mugler & Terre are miles better than from CAHSC. I'm quite astounded it carries the Chanel label on it as it could easily be something from the many vacuous designer brands.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Quote Originally Posted by c-c View Post
    I have problems with Paul Smith Story. I got something slightly meaty (! - as in fresh meat from the butcher) when I tested a last time. Does anyone know what I mean here? I guess I'll have to try it out again.
    Thanks guys.
    Meaty? Hmm...I don't know. Story is pretty much all about citrus and (light) vetiver.

I think the Guerlain Vetiver has a similiarity with the Allure Cologne Sport.