Code of Conduct

Default Found a local shop with niche stuff. What to try?

So I heard of a place in Birmingham, Michigan that carries niche fragrances. (thank you once again, Basenotes!)

Their website is unfinished, but I found this list of brands they carry:

Aesop, Agent Provocateur, Antica Farmacista, Anthony, Art of Shaving, Burn, Caldrea, Comptoir Sud Pacifique, Creative Scentualization,Creed, Cucina, Dani, Deborah Lippman, Delux Beauty, Dianne Brill, Diptyque, Dr. Hauschka, Eskandar, Etro, Fresh, Geodesis, Get Fresh, In Fiore, Kai, Knotty Girl, L?artisan Parfumeur, L?Occitane, Mariage Frères, Mario Badescu, Me Bath, Mirra Mirra, Mistral, Molton Brown, Mor, Mustela, Ole Henriksen, Red Flower, Rescue Beauty, Sage, Santa Maria Novella, Sharps, Sugar, Tocca, Valerie, Vincent Longo, Voluspa, Votivo, Witchy Poo, My Blankee, Kashwere

I've tried a few L'artisans and all the Creeds, but most of this stuff is new to me.

Can anyone reccommend some male or unisex fragrances from the brands in this list? I'm guessing the place is female-oriented, so I want to go in there with a list, instead of just browsing.

I already know to investigate: Agent Provocateur, CSP, Diptyque, Etro, and Fresh...anything else?
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Default Re: Found a local shop with niche stuff. What to try?

Yeah, it looks like most of the products are beauty/skin care oriented. I think you've already got the right idea with that list of houses to try out. I hope the store carries full lines or abundantly from each. There's also a scent by Agent Provocateur that's a rose scent they might have. That's worth checking out. They also might have a scent by Art of Shaving. You've tried L'Occitane scents already, right? If not, they might have some of their offerings. That's about all I know from the list.

What a great find! It's always a blast to know you can go somewhere new near you and take a smell tour of a bunch of houses. I wish a new niche shop opened in my city every three months or so.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Yeah, no kiddin'. That would be awesome. Actually I wouldn't mind if the entire industry doubled it's pace!

I've tried about half of the l'occitanes and the two art of shaving scents.

I hope they carry the full lines. I've wanted to try the Diptyque and CSP stuff for awhile. And I've read that the Santa Maria Novell patchouli is THE classic. (even though my Ava Luxe Patchouli Leaves arrived yesterday!)
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Santa Maria Novella makes some fragrances that are definitely worth checking out, including a handsome vetiver. Creative Scentualization and Antica Farmacista products are also worth a sniff. (AF's "Vanilla, Bourbon & Mandarin of Sicily" seems popular with some Basenoters.)
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Thank you so much! I'll be checking those out. Keep 'em coming!

I'm so slow. PaulSC is dead right with the ones he lists. I forgot about those, and for my tastes, I'd say don't miss a sniff of SMN's Melograno. I think I read it's the house's best seller, and for my money it smells super fantastic. Very white powdery though, and thus not to everyone's tastes.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Nice one... Im sure youll enjoy your visit!

Try some of these Diptyque scents! Philosykos, Tam Dao and Eau d'Elide.
    Give Comptoir Sud pacifique a look as well, specifically L'eau de Gouverneur, Barbier des Isles and Aqua Motu.

Let us know how you get on!