Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Frederic Malle does a Gendarme - Outrageous !

It appears that good ole chap Fred Malle is a victim of his own success. I'm not a fan of his stuff for men, but he knows how to make a woman's scent, that's for sure. But from what I have sampled, each one of his scents have been unique and far from mainstream.

With French Lover, its his first "extreme" version ala Bulgari and others; its a remake. It may be a good remake of Angelique de las Poopooey or whatever its called, but its still a rehash.

As for Outrageous, I don't blame anyone for going mainstream; its a dog eat dog world and you gotta make a profit. I'm down for that.

I totally disagree with Pluran, which is mostly a rare event. Marketing and advertising is a big factor for business, otherwise it wouldn't occur (I reference the thread about Tom Ford). Poor branding has killed great products. That bottle in particular is outrageous and it could very well injure Fred's reputation.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Quote Originally Posted by thenmarcher View Post
    It appears that good ole chap Fred Malle is a victim of his own success. I'm not a fan of his stuff for men, but he knows how to make a woman's scent, that's for sure. But from what I have sampled, each one of his scents have been unique and far from mainstream.

With French Lover, its his first "extreme" version ala Bulgari and others; its a remake. It may be a good remake of Angelique de las Poopooey or whatever its called, but its still a rehash.

As for Outrageous, I don't blame anyone for going mainstream; its a dog eat dog world and you gotta make a profit. I'm down for that.

I totally disagree with Pluran, which is mostly a rare event. Marketing and advertising is a big factor for business, otherwise it wouldn't occur (I reference the thread about Tom Ford). Poor branding has killed great products. That bottle in particular is outrageous and it could very well injure Fred's reputation.

TNMA
    This has to be the best post yet!

honestly I don't find the bottle that bad... it does kinda suit the name, its a bit 80's (the text) and theres been a big 80's revival lately...

I for one i'm glad to have never helped line Malle's double-breasted pockets. His deer-in-the-headlights look in those pics is priceless! LMAO.

And that "outrageous" fragrance bottle looks like some cheap, generic aspirin container.
    Last edited by knightowl; 19th August 2007 at 08:03 AM.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??